+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: for me - it's the pvp grind

Rift Disciple

Default for me - it's the pvp grind

It takes *forever* to grind pvp levs. All i can do is wfs & dailies, cq = 10sec gcd.
    Sure - crappy box but cmon

The only toon I have anywhere near p80 is my mage.

I would absolutely love to have my other callings there, but it's
    pretty much impossible.

I don't mind the "imbalance" as much as this, but why bother when it takes...
    forever :P

Hiyo

Frayedknot/Boxofrain

Yea, I could live with a bit of a grind if some new content besides a conquest map that nobody wants were to show up.

Ghostwheel@Vigil

Rift Disciple

-quote cause theyre annoying...

I only ever ran cq when I was... unable to know better :P

Rift Disciple

"A bit of grind"

I have been doing nothing but wfs for ages... dunno how many ages :P

But I think cq - for an f2p, could be kind of inaccessible to the
    "Hey maybe I'll check this out" crowd.. If they have any interest in pvp,
    they'll find the usual imbalances, maybe say "ok that's normal"...
    Then at 60 realize, they should hire staff to take care of their earthly
    obligations while they grind their way to decent gear

Grinding PvP is like taking a road trip. If you watch your speed-o-meter and mileage the whole time, it will take *eternity*. If you find a way to enjoy the trip and make an adventure out of it, you notice you are closer than you realize once you check.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

if you like pvp: how can it be grind for you? its pvp, it will stay pvp FOREVER

if you dont like pvp: why do you play pvp after all?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Camalus View Post
    It takes *forever* to grind pvp levs. All i can do is wfs & dailies, cq = 10sec gcd.

pretty much impossible.

Hiyo

Frayedknot/Boxofrain
    CQ is the worst thing that happened to this game.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Camalus View Post

pretty much impossible.

Hiyo

Frayedknot/Boxofrain
    I finally reached P80 yesterday. I've been playing a rather long time, but I enjoy PvP. Doesn't feel like a grind to me. Focus on your game-play and seek to improve your skills rather than your gear. The gear gap is nothing compared to the skill gap.

Try to get in good with a CQ group for premades. At that point, CQ is pretty fun, a lot of times you'll see ABL clash with HelloKitty and if your really lucky you'll see premades in every faction just clashing. I've enjoyed CQ way more since joining a group. Also it's the fastest way to rank up.

Rift Disciple

The grind is messed up. By that I don't mean working towards getting ranks or gear, but the actual grinding of other players. The zerg behaves like players in PvE when AoE'ing trash.

CQ is the strangest thing ever. Zerg decides where to go, zerg behaves like zombies, zerg is farming with 80% vail running and kills everything up to mega turret. If you didn't get with zerg, you should probably leave.

Sometimes it's more than one zerg. They collide and AoE each other for 45 minutes.

The zerg might just as well be farming GHR5 for Torvan rep. It's no difference in playstyle. It's not about PvP'ing, doubtfully about having fun, just tagging units for points to speed up progression.

Not going to lie, I do enjoy the 50-60k prestige I get from joining the zerg, but PvP should never be mentioned in the same sentence as "farm" or "grind".

Quote Originally Posted by HannonHellbringer View Post
    Try to get in good with a CQ group for premades. At that point, CQ is pretty fun, a lot of times you'll see ABL clash with HelloKitty and if your really lucky you'll see premades in every faction just clashing. I've enjoyed CQ way more since joining a group. Also it's the fastest way to rank up.
    I only play Assassin specs; so no.

Quote Originally Posted by Elino

The grind is messed up. By that I don't mean working towards getting ranks or gear, but the actual grinding of other players. The zerg behaves like players in PvE when AoE'ing trash.

CQ is the strangest thing ever. Zerg decides where to go, zerg behaves like zombies, zerg is farming with 80% vail running and kills everything up to mega turret. If you didn't get with zerg, you should probably leave.

Sometimes it's more than one zerg. They collide and AoE each other for 45 minutes.

The zerg might just as well be farming GHR5 for Torvan rep. It's no difference in playstyle. It's not about PvP'ing, doubtfully about having fun, just tagging units for points to speed up progression.

Not going to lie, I do enjoy the 50-60k prestige I get from joining the zerg, but PvP should never be mentioned in the same sentence as "farm" or "grind".
    This is sadly accurate. Most of the time there is only one zerg though facerolling PUGs, and you have a slim chance of being in it unless you were pre-formed in. I'm currently out of 80% potions too ;/
    Guardians:
    PR90 Smugjugs@Seastone (Briarcliff/Sunrest/Deepstrike/Dayblind)
    50 Unnamed@Seastone (Previously Bellicosa)

38 Scataracts@Seastone

50 Witchtits@Seastone (Defiant pending faction change)

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepthief View Post
    I only play Assassin specs; so no.
    Just make a spare CQ zerg spec for when you get into one that's winning. I used a sabo/rs build. AoE bomb everything and riftstalk away from the inevitable pulls. Turrets count as kills for the 2000 quest, sabo helps to blow up more of them while taking an extractor. CQ was by far the fastest prestige source for me, especially when using prestige pots. The 160% pots combined with a winning zerg and sabo/rs, that was my formula.

There is grinding in MMOs? That stinks. I'd better stay away from those then.

CQ was fun yesterday I upgraded my CPU it's no longer like watching stop motion animation !

Quote Originally Posted by dongaconda View Post
    CQ was fun yesterday I upgraded my CPU it's no longer like watching stop motion animation !
    I have an I7 3770K, asus sabretooth z77 gaming board, 16 gb of ddr3, nvdia gtx 570, graphics settings aren't even maxed out... I get between 6-12 FPS in big CQ fights. Nothing else I play lags like Rift does in big fights, and this is unchanged from several years ago on much lesser hardware. I think their engine could still use a LOT of work.
    Guardians:
    PR90 Smugjugs@Seastone (Briarcliff/Sunrest/Deepstrike/Dayblind)
    50 Unnamed@Seastone (Previously Bellicosa)

38 Scataracts@Seastone

50 Witchtits@Seastone (Defiant pending faction change)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast