• 3 Post By dday
  • 2 Post By DefinitelyNotAnElitist
  • 2 Post By DefinitelyNotAnElitist

Thread: VK silence nerfed.

Ascendant

Default VK silence nerfed.

Long live defiler.

Just a bug fix, but still....

That's one thing that bugged me transitioning from eq2 to rift. In that game silences(stifles)/interrupts usually worked independently. It was primarily a silence that interrupts if you hit someone with it mid cast. Opposed to this game where it is a useless ability unless they cast in a game where there are even less souls that even have to cast.
    Last edited by Violacea; 01-21-2014 at 07:15 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

i wonder what non broken actual utility feels like, i kinda remember having things like a heal debuff, damage on hit, silence, roots, break frees, spammable snare all in one spec

now we have none in any spec yay trion

Plane Walker

Well now the mostly useless soul is completely useless.

Good of them to finish the job.
    Last edited by Ranik; 01-21-2014 at 07:33 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    i wonder what non broken actual utility feels like, i kinda remember having things like a heal debuff, damage on hit, silence, roots, break frees, spammable snare all in one spec

now we have none in any spec yay trion
    Come play WoW, warrior is kind of OP, but it plays just like a warrior should I promise. Bonus you don't have to deal with whozdats hypothetical situations and incredible bias.

"Hurrrrr durrrr bm/vk guys, because sleeps never get broken in pugs."

Once you hit 90 you can get the first set of pvp gear in like a week in WoW, and once you have gear it's pretty enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by DefinitelyNotAnElitist View Post
    Come play WoW, warrior is kind of OP, but it plays just like a warrior should I promise. Bonus you don't have to deal with whozdats hypothetical situations and incredible bias.

Once you hit 90 you can get the first set of pvp gear in like a week in WoW, and once you have gear it's pretty enjoyable.

there are honestly no newer games out there worth playing? WoW is so kiddie to me and looks like total crap. idk my subs ends in a month we'll see. i miss you guys though. i have been having fun on my mage though

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    there are honestly no newer games out there worth playing? WoW is so kiddie to me and looks like total crap. idk my subs ends in a month we'll see. i miss you guys though. i have been having fun on my mage though
    I have found no new games that are too intriguing. League is a really good game too, but some people just don't like MOBAs.

If you are honestly interested in pvping in an mmo, and you want to play a warrior, I am guaranteeing you will have a good time in WoW.

I have found no new games that are too intriguing. League is a really good game too, but some people just don't like MOBAs.

If you are honestly interested in pvping in an mmo, and you want to play a warrior, I am guaranteeing you will have a good time in WoW.
    well my sub is up in rift soon so we'll see.
    Last edited by dday; 01-21-2014 at 07:53 PM.

It's cute that I say I like running bm/vk in pugs, because its better in pugs then MM, that everyone jumps on me like this. I don't even *have* the sleep in my pug bm/vk spec for the very reason. The purge and silence alone invalidates healers in droves. Ever see Mire die in under 20 seconds? Bm/vk+1 free lancer tempest.

You know people feel threatened by you when they make posts completely illogically and irrelevant to anything, just to take a dig at you.

team mire4lyfe tho.
    Last edited by WhozDat; 01-21-2014 at 08:31 PM.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Mei

Quote Originally Posted by WhozDat View Post
    It's cute that I say I like running bm/vk in pugs, because its better in pugs then MM, that everyone jumps on me like this. I don't even *have* the sleep in my pug bm/vk spec for the very reason. The purge and silence alone invalidates healers in droves. Ever see Mire die in under 20 seconds? Bm/vk+1 free lancer tempest.

You know people feel threatened by you when they make posts completely illogically and irrelevant to anything, just to take a dig at you.

team mire4lyfe tho.
    first quote is still a misquote
    Fluent

Quote Originally Posted by Mei View Post
    first quote is still a misquote
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhy7dXWjpAA

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by WhozDat View Post

team mire4lyfe tho.
    You name drop and nuthug people who you think other people think are good players, in hopes that they will mention you back.

Your points kind of go like this too: "Warrior in the best possible scenario fighting fresh 60s with a 30% link, is much better than this quadruple amputee playing rogue against a sugarclam/montage premade chain pulling and owning the rogue."

comma comma comma comma ,,,,,,,,, :3 stupid face.

#Threatening

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    Long live defiler.

Just a bug fix, but still....
    There is no soul in the game that ever existed where you are forced to spec a point into the talent tree to cause an interrupt to silence. It wasn't a bug that it interrupted on demand regardless of having to interrupt. It was a bug with the basic interrupt causing a silence when it interrupted without a point specc'ed into the tree.. It was always meant to be that way because of the transition from hard cast to instant cast for nearly every caster soul. The interrupt to silence is a dinosaur ability. MM and BD should be the same as vk ability.. either interrupt or silence.. And I can tell you that the dev who been here since day one has given druid technically the same option.. an on demand silence which also can interrupt and a basic interrupt in a DPS soul.. TAKE A LOOK AT GRIM SILENCE IT IS THE SAME WAY AS VK SILENCE USE TO WORK BUT WITH NO POINTS NEEDED TO BE WASTED TO FUNCTION THE SAME WAY.. LOL.. THESE WERE SUPPOSE TO WORK AS INTENDED..
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 01-22-2014 at 01:13 AM.

+ Reply to Thread