+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Please Reverse the Latest WF Matching Change

Plane Touched

Default Please Reverse the Latest WF Matching Change

I'm begging you, please change the warfront matchmaking system back to the way it was. Sure it wasn't perfect, but it's by far worse now. In fact, it's so bad I think it's some kind of cruel joke or inside prank with the devs.

Countless upon countless times I've entered into wfs and all of the healers are on one team. This has happened so much that it's certainly more than coincidence or to blame on premades. It's happening the most I've noticed in the pre-60 wfs as I'm not playing the 60 bracket that much but it's just so damned common like something is ridiculously broken.

If you have the capacity to view the scores of the past warfronts you'll be able to see the huge discrepancies in the stats from the matches. But please, just do something because this is just god awful.

Soulwalker

I think the whole merc system should be trashed too. defiants should be on defiant side and guardians on guardian side. and the matchmaking system should be reverted back to the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by Heretichero View Post
    I think the whole merc system should be trashed too. defiants should be on defiant side and guardians on guardian side. and the matchmaking system should be reverted back to the old one.
    There is no merc system, there is a red and a blue team... I wish they would remove the text telling you're a merc when ever you zone in to a WF so people stop posting about it.
    17/17 T1, 4/4 T1HM, 4/4 GA, 3/3 IG, 5/5 PB

The current matchmaking system does nothing about who is in what build. You do not queue as a healer, DPS, or tank for PvP. You just queue to enter it.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    The current matchmaking system does nothing about who is in what build. You do not queue as a healer, DPS, or tank for PvP. You just queue to enter it.
    Then that needs changed because it is really effed up and somehow it used to be better, or "less random" if such a system never existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zindrix View Post
    Then that needs changed because it is really effed up and somehow it used to be better, or "less random" if such a system never existed.
    It is all just a chance, honestly. The previous system also did not monitor what people played.

Time to repeat myself again:

There is no mercenary system in PvP anymore. What you see when you get placed on the other team is simply a remnant of the old system. Matchmaking 2.0 is here to stay, and it does not work in the manner you want any longer.

It is not a game of Defiant versus Guardian now. This is a Red versus Blue scenario. Teams are picked before they even get put on "red" or "blue" and your faction plays absolutely nothing into who you are playing with on your team or against on the opposing team.

For an example, a gametype that needs 15 player teams will find 30 players, then split them up based on an internal ELO rating (no they will not disclose this information to prevent people from exploiting it). They're ordered in number of rank and then split up between the teams. 1 on Team A, 2 on Team B, 3 on Team A, 4 on Team B, etc. all the way down until the teams are even. Factions play no interference at this point at all. After teams are set and the warfront is ready to launch, it looks at the teams that are already set and says "Are there more Defiants/Guardians on either team? If so put them there". Again, it plays nothing into choosing who you play with or against.

I quite honestly wish they would just replace the art in the game with two random factions from Conquest and keep people from complaining about it. Also remove the now redundant text about being a mercenary, since it's just leftover from the old system.

Secondly, you wouldn't wait an additional 30-seconds to 5-minutes for a queue to pop. You'd be looking at an exceedingly long time. Before mercenary was introduced in the Matchmaking 1.0 system, people could be waiting upwards of 15-30+ minutes for a warfront (just as bad if not worse than dungeon DPS queues). Now with Matchmaking 2.0 it's even faster.

Soulwalker

Trion doesn't care about its pvp I guess... otherwise it would have been changed by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Heretichero View Post
    Trion doesn't care about its pvp I guess... otherwise it would have been changed by now.
    They just introduced Matchmaking 2.0 within update 2.5

Not caring is not equal to not fixing what you want fixed. Plenty of constructive feedback can change this though. If you've got good ideas, put them in the suggestions area!

I'm begging you, please change the warfront matchmaking system back to the way it was. Sure it wasn't perfect, but it's by far worse now. In fact, it's so bad I think it's some kind of cruel joke or inside prank with the devs.

Countless upon countless times I've entered into wfs and all of the healers are on one team. This has happened so much that it's certainly more than coincidence or to blame on premades. It's happening the most I've noticed in the pre-60 wfs as I'm not playing the 60 bracket that much but it's just so damned common like something is ridiculously broken.

If you have the capacity to view the scores of the past warfronts you'll be able to see the huge discrepancies in the stats from the matches. But please, just do something because this is just god awful.
    Allowing premades to farm PuGs is even wrose. Combine both and well we know how it feels....lol.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

The old system didn't take role in account either.

Countless upon countless times I've entered into wfs and all of the healers are on one team. This has happened so much that it's certainly more than coincidence or to blame on premades.
    Problem I see with forcing players into pre-defined roles for warfronts is that they're more complex than simply standing in the middle and hurling AoE at each other. I get it, a lot of players are only there to stare at the personal leaderboard stats even though they're worth no points. That's fine, people have their reasons for playing.

But there's usually a few of us running specs for doing objectives (running stones, taking nodes, carrying jars, etc). Sometimes we have to change specs over and over during a match to do our thing. Being locked in a spec at the beginning might work in a deathmatch style warfront, but it would mess up the flexibility you need to play Rift's warfronts the way they're intended.

1. Defiant vs Guardian was much more enjoyable. You got to know your regular teammates, their play style and you'd actually have some decent teamwork for a pug.

Likewise, you knew the names of your common enemies.

What PvP should be about.

2. The new matchmaking is, regardless of what some say, broken or simply not thought out enough.

A player who was on a team of almost full Myrmidon admitted he only hit 60 in the last hour. He was wearing almost all level 50 pvp gear.

How does the system decide he should be in that match?

Quote Originally Posted by Phreakuency View Post
    1. Defiant vs Guardian was much more enjoyable. You got to know your regular teammates, their play style and you'd actually have some decent teamwork for a pug.

Likewise, you knew the names of your common enemies.

What PvP should be about.

2. The new matchmaking is, regardless of what some say, broken or simply not thought out enough.

A player who was on a team of almost full Myrmidon admitted he only hit 60 in the last hour. He was wearing almost all level 50 pvp gear.

How does the system decide he should be in that match?
    1. You found it enjoyable, but did you enjoy waiting 15-30 minutes for a queue to pop? What about 60 minutes which was not uncommon back then?

2. We do not know the exact means that the matchmaking system uses to rank players. They stated they would not release it so people could not abuse it.

PvP ranks really don't mean they "only" get ranked with same ranked players. There is an ELO system in place (like chess) where if you win against specific players or lose against players your rating gets changed. It matches you based on this again and again, and the more you play the better it gets at matching up players. The system honestly has not been out long enough for ratings to be 100% perfect now anyway.

Onto your question about the low ranked player though. Read my post above. If it found 30 total people for the warfront, it probably put a couple of high ranked players on either team to balance it out, and he was probably picked for a team last. Just because the other team has some ringers doesn't mean your team doesn't have ringers of its own.

Plane Touched

Personally I wouldn't mind waiting 5min+ or longer just to get more evenly matched teams.

If it's completely random and always has been then that's seriously messed up. It should take into account other variables, starting with the number of clerics on each team. I realize you can't force people into certain roles, and that's fine(those lvl 50 DPS clerics love their pewpew), but competent players will look and switch roles when necessary.

Plane Touched

Just because the other team has some ringers doesn't mean your team doesn't have ringers of its own.
    That's all fine and dandy except for the fact that the undergeared players will be doing crappy dmg to Mym geared players and will also suffer more dmg and have substantially less HP Ascended buff or not. Funny how they spent all of their "balancing" pvp for lvl 60 as far as classes/builds, yet the other crap throws it way off anyways.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast