+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: cleric shield

Default cleric shield

5/5 Armor of Virtue, 5/5 Stronghold, 2/2 Stalwart Citadel + Shield

Are these 12 points into Justicar, combined with a shield, worth having for pvp clerics in healing specs?

~Cheers

Assistant

Plane Walker

No.

asdf123
    Luxie@greybriar
    Healmesloots@deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Marnos View Post

Are these 12 points into Justicar, combined with a shield, worth having for pvp clerics in healing specs?

~Cheers

Assistant
    yes, although it's better to fill out the bottom tier of justicar, 1 point somewhere else and if it's a sentinel spec at least 4 points into sentinel. your healing is 15%ish less but your survivability goes through the roof with 20%+ more HP resists and armor.

As a healer I recommend to always stack endurance if you have issues living, and as your gear gets better not worrying about it as much.
    Last edited by Orangu; 01-21-2014 at 05:35 AM.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Don't use shiled for healing never ever. and I use only 6 pts in justicar with defiler. with other healers build I don't use justicar at all. and probably I will drop justicar if my gear will be better.

Oh missed the part about the shield, no shield ever.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Orangu View Post
    Oh missed the part about the shield, no shield ever.
    So Shield + "Your block is now derived from 100% of your Wisdom," is does not make enough difference to matter?

The stat difference between the myrm totem and shield is 767 sp or 13900 armor (+ the innate ability to block) respectively.

~Cheers

Assistant
    Last edited by Marnos; 01-21-2014 at 05:53 AM.

So Shield + "Your block is now derived from 100% of your Wisdom," is does not make enough difference to matter?

~Cheers

Assistant
    No because the shield only gives you armor so it will only really help against physical damage like MM paragon warlord half of assassin, a little of sab, ranger, so on so forth.
    And the standard hit to pvp weapons is 30% so unless you have 30% or more block, it won't happen to begin with which leaves you with about maybe a 5-10% chance to block.
    ALSO since this is pvp gear the wisdom on the gear is pretty low and your block won't be very high at all even if you stack runes.
    Last edited by Orangu; 01-21-2014 at 05:52 AM.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Shield of Telara

Yet another reason why Rift is broken. Shields don't mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkorian View Post
    Yet another reason why Rift is broken. Shields don't mean anything.
    shields mean a lot if you're a tank spec or something.
    The issue lies in the hit they gave pvp weapons.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

You're all bad, shields are BiS for clerics. They're the next big thing but like most things people don't accept change and they die. If you're a cleric (doubly so for warden) and not using a shield you are doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangu View Post
    if it's a sentinel spec at least 4 points into sentinel
    I'd ****ing hope he puts more than 4 points into sentinel for his sentinel spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengri View Post
    I'd ****ing hope he puts more than 4 points into sentinel for his sentinel spec.
    HAHA good catch, 4 points into purifier

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Rift Chaser

You lose like 800-900 spell power wearing a shield instead of a totem for a small chance to block physical attacks and a small bit more mitigation to said physical attacks. I had to spend 45 minutes or so explaining to this person because they see a few blocks from a few situational attacks that they lose a huge amount of spell power which makes their healing even worse while wearing a shield.

There's a point where you stop stacking survivability and focus on throughput, and using a totem instead of a shield is one of those points.

"microtransactions done properly is game design done poorly." - Some dude on an internet forum

Ascendant

I tested this out on my Sentinel many months back. I was not happy with the shield. Survivability was actually negatively effected since my heals were noticeably weaker and most damage (magic rather than physical) ignored the shield and armour.

Would be nice to have armour and shields somewhat useful against magical damage. That might be an avenue for making non-stealth melee more viable for PvP.

~Cheers

Assistant
    Assistant!!!!! I hope your just bored with nothing to do and felt like trolling. Points in Icar for survival is fine shield...well others have touched on this one. Suggestion though, 2 point druid for shield of oak, ogcd and absorbed 25% of inc damage up to like 7k. I have adopted it into most of my healing builds minus my sent build. Just macro it into every ability and it will but up w/e its off cd.
    Marrow of Seastone (Cleric-Main)
    Kelebra of Seastone (Mage-Alt)
    Remorse of Seastone (Warrior-Alt)
    Nine of Seastone (Rogue-Alt)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast