+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 81
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Warriors

  1. #1
    Ascendant V1rul3n7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,343

    Default Warriors

    The class that have no heal spec.

    That cry for heals all the time.

    That defend 34m pulls, and tempest burst.

    Whose healers then get killed by warriors.

    And then they criticize the healers.

    And then the healers roll dps.

    And then the warriors cry for heals.

    How ironic.
    Last edited by V1rul3n7; 01-20-2014 at 05:32 PM.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser Zokot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    346

    Default

    If 3.0 brings a viable pvp healing spec for warriors, I can't wait to start yelling at them to heal.
    Last edited by Zokot; 01-20-2014 at 05:34 PM.

  3. #3
    Ascendant V1rul3n7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zokot View Post
    If 3.0 brings a viable pvp healing spec for warriors, I can't wait to start yelling at them to heal.
    Heck, do it.

    The only reason they consider themselves as viable dps is because most of them just roll warlord and tempest and either spam pulls so their target gets stupid focus fire, or spam wavelength and general tempest nonesense till whoever they target dies.

    And it works, I do it myself.

    Thumbs up to anybody who plays champion, that soul is the only true warrior soul right now, absolutely rubbish in comparison to the rest.

    Paragons without pulls I have respect for too, at least the are playing warrior yaknow, like a warrior.

    And tbh riftblade and paragon aren't in a bad spot as far as warrior souls go, but they generall stick to pulls and wavelength simply because its easier, like its some kind of justification for their lack of ability in a proper melee role.

    And to be fair, when 3.0 hits if warriors retain their incredible durability, with their incredible damage we're only going see more warrior ridiculousness with them able to self heal and cross heal, and if pulls stay in the game in their current fashion, everybody will be playing warrior or rogue because what's going to be the point in anything else?

    I respect some warriors, don't get me wrong, but generally I don't respect warlords or tempest, simply because I play both myself and know how completely OTT they are. I'd love to play champion (and I frequently do, and paragon and riftblade) but pulls are almost as monkey mode for those souls in the same way as they are for caster classes.

    So I just play my rogue spec, because when I want to play "like a warrior" it's impossible because of the other "warriors" who pull you or nuke you to bits with 5.3k delayed pulse crits (followed by all the other 4k hits afterwards) and thats even without a tempest crystal and middle tier gear, its atrocious really.

    How utterly ironic that the class with the most "problems from ranged focus fire" actually has the most grossly overpowered ST ranged spec in the game. And has done for a while (since SL tempest has been pretty problematic, at first shock pulse, then it went too weak, and now its back to being too stupid again)

    Too much PvE balancing, not enough PvP balancing, that's the problem.

    And when Trion use the justification that "most people PvE" aswell as some of the players who frequent the forums,they allow for damage increases and such because of the "arms race to have equal damage with class B" which hugely impact the quality of PvP in general.

    And it's not like the PvE side of things isn't catered to a lot anyway, they have tons of new raids which STILL aren't on farm yet, and tons of chronicles, and revamped old raids aswell as zone events, world events strictly focused around PvE, but what do PvP'ers get, not even a moot of dignified balancing with regards to PvP and a "screw you" to the raiders when they complain about a classes damage who has significantly better utility/durablity than another class.

    And thats the honest truth, as long as people kill "the boss" in "the raid" everybody is happy and everybody gets their loot, catering to the PvE arms race crowd is just detrimental to the design of the game and causes more problems and work than its actually worth.

    But no, people will argue otherwise, "because i want to be able to compete in damage without playing THAT soul" well.. err.. all I have to ask is;

    "Do you enjoy playing your current soul?"

    And if not;

    "Why play it?"
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

  4. #4
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    The class that have no heal spec.

    That cry for heals all the time.

    That defend 34m pulls, and tempest burst.

    Whose healers then get killed by warriors.

    And then they criticize the healers.

    And then the healers roll dps.

    And then the warriors cry for heals.

    How ironic.
    Rogue/Mage/Cleric bads.

    That whine about the only decent ranged DPS spec warriors have.

    That gripe about the ranged DPS specs burst, when that is about all it has.

    That wail when a warrior pulls them, rather than suicide rush into a ranged blob and die.

    That grumble when a warrior has little utility to try and defend allies.

    That moan when a warrior actually tries to point out how ****ty the soul is, without an entire second player helping it.

    Very ironic indeed.
    Last edited by Ranik; 01-20-2014 at 05:59 PM.

  5. #5
    Plane Walker Nitzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    450

    Default

    So I guess you don't like warriors?
    17/17 T1, 4/4 T1HM, 4/4 GA, 3/3 IG, 5/5 PB

  6. #6
    Ascendant V1rul3n7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranik View Post
    Rogue/Mage/Cleric bads.

    That whine about the only decent ranged DPS spec warriors have.

    That gripe about the ranged DPS specs burst, when that is about all it has.

    That wail when a warrior pulls them, rather than suicide rush into a ranged blob and die.

    That grumble when a warrior has little utility to try and defend allies.

    That moan when a warrior actually tries to point out how ****ty the soul is, without an entire second player helping it.

    Very ironic indeed.
    Sorry but when did needing heals exclusively apply only to warrior DPS?

    And when did playing a melee spec not involve charging into a crowd?

    I agree about the utilty part though, warrior utility to engage and disengage is just shoddy and poor in comparison to rogue.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

  7. #7
    Ascendant V1rul3n7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nitzi View Post
    So I guess you don't like warriors?
    Hah, Nah i like warriors, just not "pretend" warriors whose damage mostly comes from focusfire pulls.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

  8. #8
    Plane Walker Nitzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    Hah, Nah i like warriors, just not "pretend" warriors whose damage mostly comes from focusfire pulls.
    So I guess you hated playing pyro back when you ranked your mage?
    17/17 T1, 4/4 T1HM, 4/4 GA, 3/3 IG, 5/5 PB

  9. #9
    Ascendant V1rul3n7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nitzi View Post
    So I guess you hated playing pyro back when you ranked your mage?
    I ranked my mage way before SL

    And i've never been a pyro fan tbh.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

  10. #10
    Ascendant Lords0fpain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    The class that have no heal spec.

    That cry for heals all the time.

    That defend 34m pulls, and tempest burst.

    Whose healers then get killed by warriors.

    And then they criticize the healers.

    And then the healers roll dps.

    And then the warriors cry for heals.

    How ironic.
    LOL, my experience is the rogues cry more about heals (while they play sin or MM). Heck, most WFs I am in now is over half (or more)rogues. But the longer Tempest stays broke, the warriors I am seeing....how ironic.... But I know where you are coming from....


    BTW, Trion when vast majority are running one class and particularly specific speccs (that others are letting you know is over buffed), it is probably over buffed and it should be looked at. And yes, it includes healers....
    Last edited by Lords0fpain; 01-20-2014 at 06:50 PM.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

    ~Daglar

  11. #11
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    Sorry but when did needing heals exclusively apply only to warrior DPS?

    And when did playing a melee spec not involve charging into a crowd?

    I agree about the utilty part though, warrior utility to engage and disengage is just shoddy and poor in comparison to rogue.
    When they lack Stealth / Range / Utility compared to their counterparts.

    But keep trying I guess.

  12. #12
    Plane Touched The Thondrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    220

    Default

    When you say "Warlord" do you mean somebody with it as an off-soul just for the pull or somebody that is deep/full Warlord?
    Thondrin - W̶o̶l̶f̶s̶b̶a̶n̶e̶ Derpwood - Warrior - Doing it wrong since 2011 - I melee in CQ

  13. #13
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,840

    Default

    3.0 will most likely bring some bs aoe heals ala bard (up to 5 raid members) or tactician (up 10 raid members) and some crap single target heal that isn't event good enough to outheal dmg from single dps.

    However the scoreboard will show that you are in top 5 of healing while being close to useless in the same time.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Bliter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    I agree about the utilty part though, warrior utility to engage and disengage is just shoddy and poor in comparison to rogue.
    Aside from RS, Warrior has better tools atm. WL packs more tools to stay hooked up and has a nice getaway tool reset by the tools for staying hooked up... Find the squishies, jump in from range, drop everything and hop back out. Nothing can do that like Warrior atm. Not arguing any other superiority, but getting in and out of a fight is easiest in WL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,232

    Default

    warriors don't like tempest.
    we play it, because it is all we have in the way of dps right now, but we don't like it.
    we defend it, because it is all we have in the way of dps right now, but we don't like it.

    warriors do like warlord, but we know its weak.
    we use the pulls, but we'd rather we could charge.
    we cant charge, for the same reason that you die when we pull.
    we really would like to smack you in the face with a giant axe, but in order to do so, we have to bring you to the axe. the following smack is little more than a slap. we rely on everyone else to actually hurt you.

    every warrior who plays tempest is an unhappy warrior.
    every warrior who pulls you is an unhappy warrior.
    while you cry over what we do to you, we cry over what we want to do to you instead, but can't.
    we didn't roll a warrior to pew pew lightening bolts from range.
    we didn't roll a warrior to be a pull bot.
    we didn't roll a warrior to heal. we likely will end up unhappily healing you in warfronts.
    because it will be something we can do whilst wishing we could be the warriors we rolled the class to be, but can't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts