+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: druid needs love for pvp

Default druid needs love for pvp

Simple request: adjust the druid pets so they scale better with the player based on level and gear at level 60. Before the level cap increase, all of the pets scaled well with the player up to and including level 50.

Can the healer pet get some anti-burst heals and cleanses?

Can all of the pets get an effective health boost (mostly hp pool)?

Can the melee pet get some ranged attacks since he spends most of his time too far to use mead rush? I wouldn't care if he used a sling-shot as long as he is doing something more than jogging around getting kited most of the time.

Could you make the Druid soul sync better with Justicar so hybrids are viable?

~Cheers

Assistant

Quote Originally Posted by Marnos View Post
    so hybrids are viable?
    And that was where your dreams failed.

Hybrids are not allowed in this game.
    Awesome game. #1 PvP.

Rift Chaser

Simple request: adjust the druid pets so they scale better with the player based on level and gear at level 60. Before the level cap increase, all of the pets scaled well with the player up to and including level 50.

Can the melee pet get some ranged attacks since he spends most of his time too far to use mead rush? I wouldn't care if he used a sling-shot as long as he is doing something more than jogging around getting kited most of the time.

~Cheers

Assistant
    Pet classes in general are a bad idea for any pvp game unless the pets are ridiculously overpowered, or are there just to look pretty while the person does all the work. The most recent design of druid seemed to attempt to split the power between the druid and the pet 50/50 but did some things right and messed up others.

The healer will never be an adequate healer for pvp, the ranged fairy is actually pretty good when it's setup at burst and the melee pet will never work without some serious work and considerations and thoughts to be put in before implementing it. Druid has a sick burst at 61 points from fae mimicry but has no hard CC that really holds a target down if they're moving (outside of sleep which breaks on damage and has a long cooldown). Justicar itself is just not viable for pvp hybriding except for a few points to inflate your hp pool

I'd like to see druid improved, but I'd rather see cabalist become a viable AOE soul before druid's improvements. There's just so much to consider when you want to make class improvements it's difficult to discuss in forum posts because people aren't going to read long walls of text full of boring information.

it's also easier to just bash the FOTM and call for nerfs/buffs than it is to do anything constructive that Kervik might actually see and consider.

"microtransactions done properly is game design done poorly." - Some dude on an internet forum

Soulwalker

lol I don't know of any game where pets are overpowed in pvp.

Blizzard balanced hunter pets perfect for pvp. They are good CC and their pet specs work fine balanced.

Trion at this point won't bother with such things. Don't expect any type of real balance around pvp.

Same with WoW warlock pets, they were balanced for good utility with out being op, Blizzard puts thought and balance into their game, they balance around pve and pvp.

Pets work fine in other MMOs for pvp. They just always sucked in Rift because they were done pretty lazy with poor AI. They are even useless in pve encounters, other then ranger pet that still messes up due to poor AI.
    Last edited by Fishermangummble; 01-20-2014 at 02:19 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Fishermangummble View Post

Blizzard balanced hunter pets perfect for pvp. They are good CC and their pet specs work fine balanced.

Trion at this point won't bother with such things. Don't expect any type of real balance around pvp.

Same with WoW warlock pets, they were balanced for good utility with out being op, Blizzard puts thought and balance into their game, they balance around pve and pvp.

Pets work fine in other MMOs for pvp. They just always sucked in Rift because they were done pretty lazy with poor AI. They are even useless in pve encounters, other then ranger pet that still messes up due to poor AI.
    Blizzard actually made good pet classes? I wish they made the Lore-master of LOTRO that good, the majority of the time I played all the pets were useless except the raven and it was only used to be set to passive to give a shadow defense aura.

I do doubt that what you're saying is true that pet classes are really "that" good in World of Warcraft, but I have no way to prove you're wrong as I've never played that game.

My experience with overpowered pets is pretty shallow and situational warhammer had these squigs or whatever that were really powerful ranged pets at low levels, necromancers in guild wars 1 could summon giant minion armies that were really strong for PVE and only useful in certain maps in PVP (like fort aspenwood offense) but could be countered if someone brings some skills that can waste groups of minions.

My experience of Rift pets they've never been particularly useful and have bad AI, but are potentially useful. The new necromancer seems to make good use of them though.

"microtransactions done properly is game design done poorly." - Some dude on an internet forum

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Dahliablood View Post

Cleric hybrids are not allowed.

~Cheers

Assistant
    Better off running with the druid's seer out, key bind her abilities and key bind the toggles for aoe or single target. Your going to want to run something like 61 druid 8 shaman 7 inq, you can get the 3% endurance from inq if you want it...something like 700 hp and the 5% from shaman. When your in a group of enemies obviously have your aoe from your pet turned on and use here multi bolt ability (forget name off the top of my head) on a key binding. This won't do a ton of damage, maybe around 300-400 crit for each hit but it will be a massive heal when it hits everyone. So I would suggest saving it to time with your burst or when you need a big heal. Druid really needs an ability like the mages melee build that allows them to cast melee attacks from range. Also increasing the pets healing ability in pvp so it is on par with pve healing would be nice. Anyways hope some of that helps, druids have one of the best burst abilities in game.
    Marrow of Seastone (Cleric-Main)
    Kelebra of Seastone (Mage-Alt)
    Remorse of Seastone (Warrior-Alt)
    Nine of Seastone (Rogue-Alt)

Wtf is a druid?

Quote Originally Posted by charliekelly View Post
    Wtf is a druid?
    Trolling aside I will answer your question. It's a melee spec for clerics, probably one of the best if not best PvE soloing specs in the game and it actually performs quite well in PvE at the very start but once you start to get gear inq and shaman take over. Druid actually probably has 1 of the best burst abilities in the game and with an interupt, silence, port to target, and a pull some of the best utility for pvp. The pet scales poorly and druid further suffers from lack of sustained damage. If it had the sustained of shaman and the pet scaled better and possibly the ability to cast melee at range for a short duration like mages melee spec it would be a total nightmare.

I think a few small additions would help Druid in PVP. Give us back the snare that use to come with Combined Effort. We need something to try and keep players in Melee Range.

Pets should scale much better. 5% damage increase a/o give it some CC. A lot of the problems with the Satyr is a result of its poor AI, which never gets addressed. This has been the case since RIFT was launched and sadly is the case today.

Trickster's bolt is much too weak. Scrap it and give us back bombard.

pet buffs please!

Quote Originally Posted by Dahliablood View Post

I would settle for the healer pet getting an overhaul so it is useful in pvp. I'm not saying it should heal a raid or even a group through a pvp encounter instead of a true healer; but if the druid sacrifices the dps by using the healing pet over the melee or caster pet, it should produce some smartly casted, anti-burst heals and cleanse (imo).

~Respectfully,

Assistant

Quote Originally Posted by Fishermangummble View Post

I could not agree more ! WOW did a great job with pets and I wish RIFT had followed the same path, but as you quite correctly point out, they didn't.

Satyr AI is just abysmal. It has horrible pathing, will break off attacks for no apparent reason, wastes time "Positioning" etc.

They have updated some of the models, but that is about it. Playing a Ranger, I feel I don't get much out of the pet at all. It feels weak. In PVP, people just ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas79 View Post
    Playing a Ranger, I feel I don't get much out of the pet at all. It feels weak. In PVP, people just ignore it.
    Or one shot it for killing blow proc :'(

~Saddened

Assistant

Druid, with its utility could be a beast in pvp, great survival CD, would like to see the CD reduced down to a minute (might be to much), pets need to scale both HP wise and stat wise much better than they currently do. This wouldn't even hurt PvE much as druid isn't competitive in that arena either currently. A snare would be amazing as well. The one thing that has always bothered me is the synergy crystal and the fact that it boosts the damage of crushing force (i think is the name, escapes me now for some reason), but the dot is such crap to start with it doesn't seem like much at all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast