+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Ranking Addon

Default Ranking Addon

I've been attempting to create a ranking addon this weekend and I'd love some feedback before continue on.
    Right now it's a simple scoring based off of stats per death as follows:
    Code:
    score = (player damage per death/average damage per death) + (player healing per death/average healing per death) + (player killing blow per death/average killing blow per death) + (player saves per death/average saves per death)
    A point of note is that both damage and healing is in tens of thousands. This is mainly to prevent integer overflow over a long period of time. Since everything is a ratio it leaves equal weight on all stats at this point.

Since the API doesn't allow access to accolades I had to create my own "Save" scenario. A Save is when your target is a player, that player is in combat, that player was at 25% or less health, and your heal brought that player to above 35% health. Once again nothing here is set in stone. With the way TTK is right now I considered 25% a good percentage for when a player is going to die soon and in need of saving. I like the 35% as it prevents piddly little AoE healing to be considered a Save, but I don't consider 26% a Save.
    If I get time I may make it so that it track how much you heal players, and if your accumulated heals meet the criteria it counts as a Save.

Something that I would like to add if I can figure out how to is weighting on objectives. So that damage, healing, killing blows, and saves would count for more near objectives. The issue I have with that is that activity near an objective doesn't mean that it's worthy of mention. A bunch of idiots AoEing like mad at bridge while they lose to stone runners isn't worthy of a higher ranking simply because they were by the bridge. With the inability to detect Warfront scores or Warfront win/loss results I really can't see a way at this point in time to attempt to correlate player action with the warfront results.

Things that I have left to do is (other than feedback here) is create a UI (which always takes me forever because I can't art), add a channel for EU(since addons can only communicate through custom made channels), and finish up the last bit of non-UI code.

Let me know what you think!

P.S.
    Work for me right now is hell so I can't guarantee when I will push out the beta version of this. I'm hoping for the middle of this week, but I'm doing a lot of 12 hour days right now.
    Even free cost too much now

I commend your efforts. A lot of people wouldn't use it I'm sure though.
    Thondrin - W̶o̶l̶f̶s̶b̶a̶n̶e̶ Derpwood - Warrior - Doing it wrong since 2011 - I melee in CQ

Quote Originally Posted by The Thondrin View Post
    I commend your efforts. A lot of people wouldn't use it I'm sure though.
    That's not an issue. I code for fun and experience.

Also I could make it so it tracked everyone around someone that had the addon as best it could

2nerdy5me

11000110101011101110101010101101011111010001110101 0101111

Also: Good work. Please make an add on that shows me the creepy factor of the guy i'm talking to.
    Last edited by Dahliablood; 01-19-2014 at 08:12 PM.
    Awesome game. #1 PvP.

Sounds like a great addon. I'd definitely use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahliablood View Post
    2nerdy5me

11000110101011101110101010101101011111010001110101 0101111

Also: Good work. Please make an add on that shows me the creepy factor of the guy i'm talking to.
    If they are on the internet looking for a girlfriend, they're creepy.
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    That's not an issue. I code for fun and experience.

Also I could make it so it tracked everyone around someone that had the addon as best it could
    Hmmm. Like the way dps meters work then? It would certainly cause a ton of drama, so I'm all for it!!
    Thondrin - W̶o̶l̶f̶s̶b̶a̶n̶e̶ Derpwood - Warrior - Doing it wrong since 2011 - I melee in CQ

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    Sounds like a great addon. I'd definitely use it.

If they are on the internet looking for a girlfriend, they're creepy.
    Jeff beat me to it. Always assume a creepy level of 10/10 until proven otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by The Thondrin View Post
    Hmmm. Like the way dps meters work then? It would certainly cause a ton of drama, so I'm all for it!!
    Pretty much. It would require a lot of resources, or at least as much as a damage meter, which is why I'm not planning on it at the moment.

This is awesome credo, u already know there will be rage

RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    This is awesome credo, u already know there will be rage

Oh yes...
    Ranking Addon-snidely_whiplash_working_on_laptop1.jpg

Just a thought, but would it make sense to have two scores? A separate one for healing. Otherwise, those of us who bard/chloro/warden will have inflated stats.
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

That has passed through my mind, and I think I'll probably won't to begin with. I think that bard and chloro do less damage and smaller heals. They would, in theory and hopefully, have much fewer saves than someone with larger heals which is worth just as much as heals.

It might turn out that it will need to be adjusted for.

Another thing I'm going to try to catch are souls like Sab and Tact which put out a lot of damage and can steal a lot of killing blows.

Plane Walker

Sounds good
    Last edited by Honeymoon; 01-19-2014 at 10:54 PM.
    Luxie@greybriar
    Healmesloots@deepwood

It is a cool project but realistically weighing in on something you can call a redeemable representation of performance that does nothing but reel numbers and static awards, it's just going to be like the plethora of intelligent tests in the world. Everyone has a different way to measure it and there is no solid third party program that can truly tell you the sort of thing you want truth to. It's partly intangible, and this is why I liked video games more before ratings. Because for the most part they are just hogwash. After seeing so many live gaming events and re-play style things, the essences that make up the best players excelling in their best moments are nothing to typically do with any number you can tie to them.

So as I said, if you like programming, cool project. But I wouldn't expect it to be any epiphany of a measure.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast