+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: My First PVP Video (Cleric)

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    7

    Default My First PVP Video (Cleric)

    Hey, I'm new to Rift. I've had a blast learning about the Soul Tree's and adapting them to make my own melee DPS build for PVP on my Cleric. I filmed some footage from levels 20-39, added some music and stuck it on YouTube! I'd appreciate it if you guys took a look and tell me want you think, if people like it I'll make more videos.

    Thanks!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HUwblQXxmU (HD Available)
    Last edited by Sunworth; 01-18-2014 at 08:32 AM.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Valnak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,516

    Default

    Pretty cool video.

    Pros:
    -You seem to have everything keybound.
    -Your movement is very good.


    Cons:
    -You need to enable hp amounts for both yourself and hostiles to see the actual numbers. That way you can judge how much damage you're doing to them and what you need to do to burst people down. A lot of people don't do this and they're wrong.
    -Your spec is probably viable for low level PvP but once you get higher you will want to drop purifier.
    - It's hard to judge how you're doing since this is low level PvP and everything changes drastically at 60.

    That said, my pros outweigh my cons. You're probably in the top 10% of Rift PvPers if you ever hit 60.

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Thanks for the response. Those tips are exactly what I'm looking for and I hope to improve using them. Everything is keybound yeah, and I have an awesome macro for my main abilities too.

    I understand at level 60 things are going to change massively, as with any MMO, so I'll probably consider completely rebuilding my souls when the time comes. But at the moment as far as low level PvP goes, I'm really enjoying this build.

  4. #4
    Ascendant azabar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,607

    Default .....

    can i ask why you didn't roll another class if you wanted to dps?


    prepare for lots of this ^ when you hit 60.

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    7

    Default

    @azabar

    Because a Cleric isn't purely a healing class? Just as Mage's aren't purely a DPS class. As you know, this game has 4 base classes with tonnes of different options to differ from others. Plus I really enjoy healing too, and have a healing build as an off-spec.

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser dongaconda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Reminds me of the beginning of blade ! Thanks you made me want to go watch it again

  7. #7
    Plane Walker evelen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunworth View Post
    Hey, I'm new to Rift. I've had a blast learning about the Soul Tree's and adapting them to make my own melee DPS build for PVP on my Cleric. I filmed some footage from levels 20-39, added some music and stuck it on YouTube! I'd appreciate it if you guys took a look and tell me want you think, if people like it I'll make more videos.

    Thanks!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HUwblQXxmU (HD Available)
    nice vid
    I think I'm going to log onto my lowbie and have some fun
    Dogkin@seastone<the cult> - RIP <wipe>
    Dogkin@vigil <Dawn of Terror>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    Women in pvp are a rare breed compared to your average soccer mom grinding mats for her children.

  8. #8
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    Pretty cool video.

    Pros:
    -You seem to have everything keybound.
    -Your movement is very good.


    Cons:
    -You need to enable hp amounts for both yourself and hostiles to see the actual numbers. That way you can judge how much damage you're doing to them and what you need to do to burst people down. A lot of people don't do this and they're wrong.
    -Your spec is probably viable for low level PvP but once you get higher you will want to drop purifier.
    - It's hard to judge how you're doing since this is low level PvP and everything changes drastically at 60.

    That said, my pros outweigh my cons. You're probably in the top 10% of Rift PvPers if you ever hit 60.

    And people say that no one gives good advice and no one doesn't troll new players on the PvP forums.

  9. #9
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    And people say that no one gives good advice and no one doesn't troll new players on the PvP forums.
    Yeah it's good to get feedback. I got alot to learn! Haha.

  10. #10
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    355

    Default

    when you hit 60 you will regret for choosing cleric as dps class

  11. #11
    Plane Walker evelen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunworth View Post
    Hey, I'm new to Rift. I've had a blast learning about the Soul Tree's and adapting them to make my own melee DPS build for PVP on my Cleric. I filmed some footage from levels 20-39, added some music and stuck it on YouTube! I'd appreciate it if you guys took a look and tell me want you think, if people like it I'll make more videos.

    Thanks!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HUwblQXxmU (HD Available)
    sunworth I've just had the most fun in a while in this game playing lowbie pvp. thank you or showing me the light
    Last edited by evelen; 01-19-2014 at 10:10 AM.
    Dogkin@seastone<the cult> - RIP <wipe>
    Dogkin@vigil <Dawn of Terror>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    Women in pvp are a rare breed compared to your average soccer mom grinding mats for her children.

  12. #12
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jebeninick View Post
    when you hit 60 you will regret for choosing cleric as dps class
    I'll see when I hit 60, but I'm sure I can make something work. If not, I'll heal.

  13. #13
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    7

    Default

    sunworth I've just had the most fun in a while in this game playing lowbie pvp. thank you or showing me the light
    Haha, no problem Evelen.

  14. #14
    Plane Touched NightGamez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azabar View Post
    can i ask why you didn't roll another class if you wanted to dps?


    prepare for lots of this ^ when you hit 60.
    Cleric is just as good as any other class at dps.
    Nice video, the music was different but i liked it, look forward to seeing more vids from you.
    Last edited by NightGamez; 01-20-2014 at 02:06 PM.
    Godsdozer@Seastone

    Quote Originally Posted by charliekelly View Post
    Damage is absolutely meaningless.

  15. #15
    Plane Touched NightGamez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jebeninick View Post
    when you hit 60 you will regret for choosing cleric as dps class
    I disagree I am 60 r81 and I am very happy i choose cleric to dps. (and I do it better than most)
    Godsdozer@Seastone

    Quote Originally Posted by charliekelly View Post
    Damage is absolutely meaningless.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts