+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Caeus
  • 5 Post By Jeffreys

Thread: The thing that bothers me about Tempest

Champion of Telara

Default The thing that bothers me about Tempest

It's that you give up nothing for the range. In fact your basic damage and finishers are both 30m longer and significantly more damaging than the equivalent melee range specs. 0 Tempest will get you a better damage builder at a non-disconnectable range than most other specs with a significant investment.

I just can't stand playing the spec because it feels like pure cheese. I've been trying to stick with more WL/Paragon builds and trying to figure out how to play a BM/Void Knight support build (which I am terrible at). But it doesn't help when half of the WFs are just people standing around spamming range attacks with a 20m gap between them, which almost forces you into Tempest.

Plus that stupid bug zapper sound is annoying.

Not going to lie, Tempest has caused pretty much nothing but problems since it was implemented.

Also, Stormzill
    STORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORM

I want the Broketician back. I mean they, it suffered no mobility, cast times and no durability. The thing was a 1 trick pony~

Imagine how hard that bad boy would hit after all these upgrades if it returned to OG status.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I want the Broketician back. I mean they, it suffered no mobility, cast times and no durability. The thing was a 1 trick pony~

Imagine how hard that bad boy would hit after all these upgrades if it returned to OG status.
    Oh the amount of rage tells I got from healers when I ran that spec
    Dogkin@seastone<the cult> - RIP <wipe>
    Dogkin@vigil <Dawn of Terror>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    Women in pvp are a rare breed compared to your average soccer mom grinding mats for her children.

What bothers me about Tempest right now aside from the obvious OPness --

Nothing recently has generated so much qq, and yet Trion is completely ignoring. They're giving the cold shoulder big time. It's like a big, silent

FU
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

Plane Walker

I like Jeffreys post, just too bad hes gonna get an infraction, probably me too for liking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog View Post
    I like Jeffreys post, just too bad hes gonna get an infraction, probably me too for liking it.
    Who cares, suffering for the good cause it honorable.. i liked it too

Also the thing that bothering me with tempest is that when that new Fail-Dev tones it down we will have thousands of absolutely horrible warriors running around... oh it will be fun and worth the wait.

So far 8\10 tempest in wf backpeddal and 5\10 keyboard turn.

#Pr0Sk331z4ever
    Last edited by Sezex; 01-18-2014 at 04:34 PM.

Mei

Let's not pretend that Trion could do anything about it even if they did pay attention. They have almost no resources left at this point (largely because of behavior like this).

Ascendant

Imo the only problem of Tempest is that he can build decent hybrids unlike MM or Ranger who got all their best abilities at the end of the tree and pretty much fail without full investment.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezex View Post
    Who cares, suffering for the good cause it honorable.. i liked it too

Also the thing that bothering me with tempest is that when that new Fail-Dev tones it down we will have thousands of absolutely horrible warriors running around... oh it will be fun and worth the wait.

So far 8\10 tempest in wf backpeddal and 5\10 keyboard turn.

#Pr0Sk331z4ever
    It is sort of how it is now with the healers. There are thousands of bad healers that had it ezmode post nerfed RB/temp which imo was much more devistating and on demand than tempon.. No cast time and an instant cast vs. delayed pulse..

The only difference is when they break warrior or rogue they intentionally make every other soul including support dps and tank less viable. Take a look at the past history when they independently nerfed rogue and warrior..Everyone just stacked heals and derped it up. There were literally warfronts I won on my cleric afk.. because the healing was unbreakable... our playerbase is to derp to realize a lot of things. though.. the state of the game is actually better than you can hope for.. Maybe make cp able to be interrupted and cleanse dp and tempon alone becomes horrible but allows other classes to have to play smarter.. instead of the nerf
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 01-18-2014 at 11:53 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    It is sort of how it is now with the healers. There are thousands of bad healers that had it ezmode post nerfed RB/temp which imo was much more devistating and on demand than tempon.. No cast time and an instant cast vs. delayed pulse..

The only difference is when they break warrior or rogue they intentionally make every other soul including support dps and tank less viable. Take a look at the past history when they independently nerfed rogue and warrior..Everyone just stacked heals and derped it up. There were literally warfronts I won on my cleric afk.. because the healing was unbreakable... our playerbase is to derp to realize a lot of things. though.. the state of the game is actually better than you can hope for.. Maybe make cp able to be interrupted and cleanse dp and tempon alone becomes horrible but allows other classes to have to play smarter.. instead of the nerf

Well that's a scaling/modifier issue with valour/vengeance, in regards to healers anyway. Using the excuse of "play better" doesn't really address any issues raised at hand, it's pretty self serving logic, to be frank.

What should annoy all of you is how Tempest has absurdly good results for literally minimal effort. If it trucked players because it had mechanics that were complex and required forethought (and it was readily counterable) and the average player got exploded I'm sure they wouldn't care.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    It's that you give up nothing for the range. In fact your basic damage and finishers are both 30m longer and significantly more damaging than the equivalent melee range specs. 0 Tempest will get you a better damage builder at a non-disconnectable range than most other specs with a significant investment.

I just can't stand playing the spec because it feels like pure cheese. I've been trying to stick with more WL/Paragon builds and trying to figure out how to play a BM/Void Knight support build (which I am terrible at). But it doesn't help when half of the WFs are just people standing around spamming range attacks with a 20m gap between them, which almost forces you into Tempest.

Plus that stupid bug zapper sound is annoying.
    This is a complaint for all melee. You give up nothing for pyro, inquisitor, tempest, and MM. In fact, MM has to much damage for the utility and range.

Some of us have been advocating a global nerf to ALL range dps in pvp by at least 25% but the same people that whine about Tempest damage don't want the overpowered damage of their pyro or inquisitor to get nerfed.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Sidvader View Post
    This is a complaint for all melee. You give up nothing for pyro, inquisitor, tempest, and MM. In fact, MM has to much damage for the utility and range.

Some of us have been advocating a global nerf to ALL range dps in pvp by at least 25% but the same people that whine about Tempest damage don't want the overpowered damage of their pyro or inquisitor to get nerfed.
    Well it's more an issue with how melee deal damage, the dynamic itself seems pretty reasonable at current. The only weakness I've noted is that melee tend to have deficient escape mechanisms and their ability to push (or even recover defensively) into range to deal damage (not referring to mobility tools such as charges or the like, but defensive ability/ability to maintain pressure) is quite poor. This is going to be biased as I've been playing a melee cleric, which quite frankly feels horrible for pushing in. Literally most the time I've got to camp at range spamming snare, debuff and DoTs/Grasp and killing overextenders (backline hitters). Trying to extend usually ends in being dismembered (although that's fine to an extent, since the last thing you want are casters being trodden on by melee with little recourse).

Rift Disciple

This game from the very start was always ranged DPS friendly and melee-unfriendly. And overtuned damage-wise. I don't PvE but I've heard that quite a few boss fights were melee-unfriendly if not outright unplayable for melee.

It's why we have always seen melee specs running around with pocket healers since forever.

This is why we have Tempest.

+ Reply to Thread