+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Tempest

Default Tempest

Decided to conduct a test regarding Tempagon burst.

Le results! (in incredibly bad quality, but oh well):

https://imageshack.com/i/majbfip

The hits (ignore the Sign of Wrath hits), since you probably can't see them, are as follows!

4839 Charged Pulse
    4355 Arc
    3149 Double Pulse
    2834 Arc
    3031 Tranquility
    2727 Arc
    3432 Delayed Pulse

That is, if my adding is correct - (it's late at night), 24367 total damage in a little over a second.

Also, as you can probably see, the warrior is in a mix of Freelancer/WL and has hardly any CQ power and wasn't using a merc stone thing

Inb4 some rant about utility, but who needs utility when you can practically 1 string everything!

Edit - didn't realise how small the picture is, I'll blow it up and upload it shortly!
    Last edited by SWGMOD010; 01-17-2014 at 06:56 PM.

Also, Stormzill
    STORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORM

You guys manage to find image hosts I thought shut down a decade ago.

pvp armour looks so ugly
    stormhak stormbar stormkvinde kagestorm stormelver

Had to upload individually, so here they are:

Combat log stuff
    https://imageshack.com/i/ghb4fqp

Character sheets
    https://imageshack.com/i/ng3dihp

Also, Stormzill

Yup hadnt played in 2 months checked out this build and was legit killing people from 70% to 0 in a matter of 2gcd and it wasnt uncommon to get a high string of crits as i was running i think 48% crit chance with buffs up.

0 Runes/0 Cq power/ no crystal/ full freelancer gear

Quote Originally Posted by kronor View Post
    Yup hadnt played in 2 months checked out this build and was legit killing people from 70% to 0 in a matter of 2gcd and it wasnt uncommon to get a high string of crits as i was running i think 48% crit chance with buffs up.

Fully geared, a total 1 shot of pretty highly geared people is probably possible. Unfortunately, I don't happen to have access to a Myrm warrior
    Last edited by SWGMOD010; 01-17-2014 at 07:05 PM.

Also, Stormzill

Quote Originally Posted by charliekelly View Post
    You guys manage to find image hosts I thought shut down a decade ago.
    Ikr. I should probably use imgur, but cba.

Also, Stormzill

Quote Originally Posted by kronor View Post

inspect your team next time your sitting in the spawn waiting for a match to start.
    most of your team wont even be full freelancer. the same will apply to the other team.
    warfront farming with almost any spec is effortless these days, the kids are just asking to be killed.

now, OP...
    try doing that when a defiler has a link on your target...
    because any good team...good as in premade... will be running with a defiler.

I do similar damage to pugs in warfronts with reaver/temp. unlike tempagon, I legit global them. the damage isn't in "just a couple of seconds". it drops them from full to dead instantly. however, I am geared, and they most certainly are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

I see you're dueling. Why didn't you just sin his hp away too?

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    inspect your team next time your sitting in the spawn waiting for a match to start.
    most of your team wont even be full freelancer. the same will apply to the other team.
    warfront farming with almost any spec is effortless these days, the kids are just asking to be killed.

now, OP...

I do similar damage to pugs in warfronts with reaver/temp. unlike tempagon, I legit global them. the damage isn't in "just a couple of seconds". it drops them from full to dead instantly. however, I am geared, and they most certainly are not.
    SIn/sabo can do like 20K-24k+ if the poisons all proc off charge blast.. and it is more consistent and less gimmicky .. although you can cleanse the charges etc. Anyone know if delayed pulse can be cleansed?
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 01-17-2014 at 09:49 PM.

now, OP...
    What if it's just my 5% link that is technically still a defiler link... Plus I pug heal most of the time when I do play, so don't give me some blah blah only premade defiler shove it up your ***.

a full myrm warrior can 1shot a full myrm defiler, but don't tell anybody.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    SIn/sabo can do like 20K-24k+ if the poisons all proc off charge blast.. and it is more consistent and less gimmicky .. although you can cleanse the charges etc. Anyone know if delayed pulse can be cleansed?
    It cannot.

For that matter, almost nothing from rogues or warriors is cleansable(except charges) which is really throwing balance all over the place. Two of the four callings deal with cleanses, reflects, and silence, while disarm is almost nonexistent, and doesnt work on tempest anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengri View Post
    What if it's just my 5% link that is technically still a defiler link... Plus I pug heal most of the time when I do play, so don't give me some blah blah only premade defiler shove it up your ***.
    I never said only premades run defilers, just that they will run a defiler.
    while you might pug with defiler, the majority of pugs clerics run either inq or sent.

also, a puri is just as useful for countering the tempest burst.

the problem is, we have all these under geared pugs who have no clue how to play running around with 20k hit points. of course a tempest is going to look OP against this.

players need to realise that glass cannons break. if you play a glass cannon, you will break.
    if you don't want to break so easily, play something that doesn't break so easily. something with a larger HP pool.
    anything with chloro for mages...dom in particular will render a tempest useless. anything with riftstalker for rogue, it is simply the best tank soul for low points investment for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

I never said only premades run defilers, just that they will run a defiler.
    while you might pug with defiler, the majority of pugs clerics run either inq or sent.

also, a puri is just as useful for countering the tempest burst.

the problem is, we have all these under geared pugs who have no clue how to play running around with 20k hit points. of course a tempest is going to look OP against this.

players need to realise that glass cannons break. if you play a glass cannon, you will break.
    if you don't want to break so easily, play something that doesn't break so easily. something with a larger HP pool.
    anything with chloro for mages...dom in particular will render a tempest useless. anything with riftstalker for rogue, it is simply the best tank soul for low points investment for pvp.
    If your defending this spec, i can guarantee your a terrible warrior

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast