+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: List of class problems and imbalance.

Default List of class problems and imbalance.

Warrior

Warlord -

Highly durable, 6k decisive strike crits, reasonably good AoE sustain, pretty good sustained damage, alright burst, has some power issues which are easily resolved with turn the blade.

Specs including long range training mean 35m pulls, charge range is too high, having a root attached to every single charge in the game coupled with a massive amount of passive snares = instadeath under sustained focus fire, does not need to be played like a melee spec in a large amount of situations.

Tempest -

Highest single target burst spec currently, all frontend damage, interrupt/silence immune, cannot be reflected, high durability for ranged souls, wavelength is massively over the top, nice changes in general with regards to the playstyle and rotation, just mega over the top on the damage it can do and the 61 cooldown.

Paragon -

Sustain is low, burst is somewhat high, a good killsteal spec but not exactly a solo performer due to being extremely squishy, overall i would say its in a good spot as far as overall balance is concerned, but when compared to warlord seems utterly useless due to the long cooldown on its charge ability and the lack of a 34m overpowered pull, the only "true" warrior melee spec.

Riftblade -

Overall very well balanced, can hit quite hard, has a good deal of utility and very good versatility in a lot of situations, can mana drain which is always a good thing, another soul that is very balanced, i would say its fairly equal with paragon but in the same sense appears weak when compared to warlord and warlord hybrids, mainly because you actually have to approach your enemy and put yourself at risk to play it, as a warrior does.

Reaver -

Generally quite durable, great AoE damage, slightly unjustified power issues which can be resolved with turn the blade but to the expense of a lot of damage, could use a bit less power draining, charge range is absolutely ridiculous but is sufficiently high in the tree so justifiable.

Paladin -

Provides some nice self utility in the form of healing, but overall could have a better role as a team healer and team assistant, damage absorbed could be converted into healing for the team, or could be used to reduce the cooldown on its team supportive aoe heals, overall not a bad soul but feels as though it should function more like a justicar, could use some improvement with regards to the length of its cooldowns and its high tier viability, could have better utility.

Void knight -

Really a little squishy as far as tank roles go, as far as pure void knight is concerned, could use a mana drain of some sort quite high in the tree, pull range is very high and also scales with long range training which is unjustifiable, however the pull has a very large cooldown so it's not quite as stupid imba as an 8s pull that ignores all immunity, still quite stupid because of the range. Utility is alright but could be better, prefer the pre-sl VK spec, feels as though it could be a small AoE radius mana drainer (in comparison to paladin being a support frontline healer, and reaver being a power drainer and healing debuffer), unfortunately isn't.

Champion -

Needs a lot of work, has some nice big hits when fighting smaller groups of 2-3 but not very viable for actual AoE combat, has little to no defensive utility, the high tier bearings could provide an ability to generate a puri type shield whenever cornered beast is used or a finisher, overall a lot like paragon, except less viable due to being an AoE role. No point even trying to compare it to warlord because it doesnt have a silly overpowered pull and killing field (with warlords durability and overall damage) is too good to bother with champion too much. Lacks hit and run viability (as do a lot of warrior specs, they seem to be very one way in their offensive style, you charge in and attack and don't expect to get back out again) which is one of the reasons why warlord is generally superior to all other warrior souls right now because you don't HAVE to put yourself at risk when you play it, you just put others in a position of risk.

Beasmaster -

Haven't tried it out yet, can't comment, I see it being useful for conquest for the supportive buffs, some people play it reasonably well but as i say, can't comment, definitely not warlord or tempest that's for sure.

Most problematic souls from warrior : Warlord, Tempest

Rogue

Assassin -

Easily the most overpowered soul in the game for open world and warfront viability, has "nearly" enough damage and durability to stand toe to toe with a decent warlord, loses that tiny bit of frontline viability for unlimited stealth which is clearly a beneficial tradeoff for the assassin, can be combined with RS to make the best overall spec in the game, pretty much 1 shots everything except ST healers tanks and warlord. Grossly overpowered passive snare.

Marksman -

Pure marksman is relatively balanced, eradicate is definitely a bit overpowered as is deaden (extemely low cooldowns), great for kill sniping and general support but not a toe to toe ranged spec, can be mixed with ranger to make a highly overpowered sustained damage role with some pretty awesome utility.

Ranger -

Useless by itself, needs work, but extremely good when combined with marksman.

Tactician -

Extremely damaging, overall a little too high but justifiable due to the frontal cone type damage that it produces, high aoe frontend burst, definitely a top tier AoE soul.

Saboteur -

The strongest pure AoE role in the game, choking gas bomb is ridiculously powerful as is its damage in general, ridiculously easy to play and extremely effective at what it does, could use an aoe damage reduction really (slight) but a longer duration on effects like spike charge/caltrop charge and the range limitation removed on molotov cocktail.

Bard -

Overall quite a well designed and balanced support spec, harmonic distortion (or dissonance, i forget) could use more stacks or do some better healing, could use a slight damage increase and a slight reduction to durability.

Nightblade -

Can practically 1 shot everything except high durability and self healing souls, which it can pressure effectively enough with team support to kill, feels overall quite balanced but palls in comparison to assassin (due to its only slightly higher damage tradeoff for the loss of unlimited stealth and slip away) twilight transcendence is overpowered.

Blade Dancer -

Overall pretty decent, seems to suffer from similar problems as champion, could use some better AoE damage, haven't tested it thoroughly but its not a soul that people really play a lot or complain about, which probably means its a little weak (but not horribly so).

Riftstalker -

Easily the best PvP tank soul in the game, is the only soul in the game (besides sin with slip away) that can actually escape pull spam/being mobbed by a bunch of melees and stunlocked to bits, could use an increase on the cooldown of flashback and a range reduction (being able to teleport through walls once every 20s, 50m away, for 32 point investment is overpowered as hell) great for hybrids, bad by itself, could use better high tier viability.

Most problematic souls from rogue : Assassin, Nightblade

Mage

Archon -

Archon is a little bit of an odd spec, cleansing flames could be a lot better than it is now (it basically isnt working) and the debuffs could be more significant, more focus could be put on its "red mage" role and less focus on the damage aspect, high tier is kind of awful and low tier has far too much mana regeneration talents that just aren't needed, a little clumbsy to use overall.

Chloromancer -

Good support healer, fills in the role that a warden does basically, could use some better ST healing (like warden) and a little less aoe healing or some kind of utility to reset essence surge/bloom etc like sentinel does, mana costs aren't significant enough, durability and utility isnt significant enough, natural conversion should be off global cooldown so it can be used more creatively, withering vine could be buffed to affect more targets or as has been suggested, have natures fury apply/refresh vine on targets affected. Void life could do better self healing and have a better role in PvP.

Elementalist -

Slightly higher damage than a pyro (burst wise), however uttterly lacking in utility and requires pet maintenance, barely ever used for pvp or pve, needs reworking, needs a better 61 point ability (volley should be 40 points ish imo and castable on the move, as should the pet heal), needs a lot of love.

Dominator -

Has good control, but too much of it, purge is basically broken and useless and its dependance on control is the ultimate weakness of the spec because of the massive amount of ways to break free of CC, not really durable enough to justify the huge cooldown on immunity timers, shades severely overnerfed, likewise reflect was over nerfed, arresting presence should consume a flat amount of charge to prevent it being so spammable (but also interrupt as it used to) and have a cooldown, power drains aren't significant enough against some targets, storm shackle is too weak once again, nyx's orb and malevolent bolt are still too weak, and malevolent shield is absolute garbage, voltaic feedback was a horrible tradeoff for mass charged shield. Good in a group setting IF people spam cast abilities and don't ready their debuff bars, or if nobody cleanses, has its damage totally shut down by one well timed cleanse or somebody who actually obeys the dominator.

Harbinger -

Overall fairly good, could use a little more damage or a little more dodge, seems to be lacking something and has a huge dependance on the 61 form, piercing beam and rending slash melee damage buff should be stored on the mage not on the target, can have rending slash stacks cleansed (come on, do warriors and sins get cleansed, why should harb?).

Necromancer -

Fairly durable, has decent enough single target on everything except soul purge which needs a healing and damage increase. 61 point talents need work (specifically rogue/warrior pet forms) 61 point ability pretty much makes you a sitting duck and unable to use break free and other abilities, should function a little more like harbinger empyrean ascension (temporary abilities rather than a total transformation of the casting bar). Corpse explosion needs to be reworked into 1 stack and only 1 stack with greater damage (targets will die or be cleansed before 3 stacks are applied, and 3 stacks isnt significantly damaging enough) ruination and the pet cleave could do more, as could grave rot.

Warlock -

Greatly improved, much better rotation and "theme", sacrifice life damage is a little excessive (5k hp??, totally removes the point of having +10% endurance, thats 5 points wasted just because of ONE ability) has little to no escape utility or CC breakers has great burst however just severely misses shadow life and dark fury, mortality can STILL be interrupted by knockbacks and pulls rendering it just as useless as before.

Pyromancer -

High backend burst damage, moderate frontend burst damage, moderate durability, overall a pretty well balanced soul and probably the best mage damage soul currently (since everything it has "works" and is fairly simple) still completely destroyed by pulls and melee specs but has an alright amount of utility to escape bad situations, could be a little bit more durable and have a little bit more frontend in comparison to backend, fireball cast time seems a little excessive and hard casting cinder is basically useless (which doesn't make sense really, why should instant casts hit harder than something you "charge up"?) Overall fairly balanced though, just crapped on by all the overpowered souls in the game. A good support DPS soul.

Stormcaller -

Fairly well balanced, could use a little more ST viability, poor surviability, aoe damage seems relatively alright, ice shear could be "applied on mage" as a buff rather than applied on target.

Most problematic souls from mage : Pyromancer, Dominator

Cleric

Cabalist -

Removal of mass charged shield helped this soul a lot, ST viability needs to be improved or its general durability, could use some mana draining abilities and more stacks on its reflect abilties (much like dominator). Unbounded oblivion could definitely use a buff, overall needs a tiny bit of an increase to its damage (both aoe and st), dark passage (as could all caster teleports) could be increased to 30m.

Inquisitor -

Probably the best "toe to toe" soul in the game right now along with assassin, extremely durable unjustifiably so,has great utility and great sustained damage across many targets with reasonably decent AoE burst and aoe damage, best purge in the game (along with eradicate), needs a durability reduction.

Defiler -

Generally pretty good, just not dependant enough on mana, too purge immune, could use a trade off of more damage and less healing (more of a damage/healer hybrid than a healer/damage hybrid), feels like it could play like a warlock, beacons could emit damage like necrotic core or debuff nearby enemies (or enemies who attack it).

Sentinel -

Obviously the best ST healing soul in the game, can regenerate mana a little too easily, can tank 3 enemy players fairly comfortably, more counters need to exist for healers, could have reverent supplication be less spammable, either some cooldown on its use or converted into a 100% mana full heal (with a reduction on healing costs to compensate) (and have more cross symbiosis between archon and sentinel and bard, perhaps mental flare and verse of joy.

Druid -

Pretty good, has been improved a lot, the pull is pretty overpowered (but not quite as overpowered as SO) havent played much so can't comment overall, doesnt "feel" threatening but i've dueled a few and they definitely can hurt, just not hugely overpowered like some souls (why play druid when inq is 100% better?)

Shaman -

Very powerful with good support, but suffers from the same problem as druid, why play shaman when inq is 100% better?

Purifier -

Extemely powerful, could use a slight buff to fire wall damage (and its fire spells), could use a slight reduction to the amount it can mitigate.

Justicar -

Haven't played much, don't see many of them around the warfronts, seems to be a very PvE centric soul.

Warden -

Pretty good, could use slightly better ST healing.

Most problematic souls from Cleric : Inquisitor, All of the healing souls except warden.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

wow maybe the dumbest thing ever written in the history of man kind

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    Spoken by the dumbest thing in the history of mankind.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-

ctrl+f nightb

Found only some useless misinformation without a single request for a buff.

Safe to skip this thread entirely.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    you should create your own mmo since you know so much about how everything works in comparison with one another. how many of these souls listed have you actually even played personally? until you play all 4 classes in max gear along with a vast amount of hours spent playing different soul combinations with each one this thread is invalid

Quote Originally Posted by Ehxon View Post
    you should create your own mmo since you know so much about how everything works in comparison with one another. how many of these souls listed have you actually even played personally? until you play all 4 classes in max gear along with a vast amount of hours spent playing different soul combinations with each one this thread is invalid
    idk i think its worse that he plays all 4 as is this clueless, i mean i dont think i agreed with a single point he said. to my defense i only made it to the mage part until my eyes started to bleed and i had to turn away

Quote Originally Posted by Ehxon View Post
    Err dude, read my signature, I play everything in the game, i play all 4 classes in practically max gear (or significantly high enough gear to trolol with a cleric derpyherpy healer soul), Ive dabbled in a lot of soul combinations.

But just overlook that why don't you.

I just choose to play rogue right now because its clearly the best, after i finish ill be playing inquisitor/cleric a bit then ill probably play warrior. I dabble with all of them though, the only three souls i havent extensively played are beastmaster, druid and justicar.

idk i think its worse that he plays all 4 as is this clueless, i mean i dont think i agreed with a single point he said. to my defense i only made it to the mage part until my eyes started to bleed and i had to turn away
    Dude, you are a warrior fanboy, you have little to no care about anything else other than trivial buff warrior arguements or defense of clearly broken mechanics, you are a charlie kelly of the warrior dept.

I want warriors to be good, i just dont want them to be brokenly overpowered or brokenly useless, you seem to want the brokenly overpowered.
    Last edited by V1rul3n7; 01-17-2014 at 05:56 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Every class and every soul is OP guys!!! LIke omg like omg I can't win like omg i'm a bad player like omg it must mean everything is so OP like omg Rift is such a hard game like plz nerf everything cuz it to hard all classes OP and I can't win

Guyz members like when I cry about mages every day for 2 years like cuz I bad but but other mages do good?? it must mean mages suck and I don't plz buff

virulent is the type of person who can't play a class so he jumps to the flavor of the month class, you can tell by when he chooses to progress in pvp on his toons. He played mage when pyro was easy mode, he played warrior when it was ez mode

now hes playing rogue cuz its easy mode. He plays all the flavor of the month classes, not good with any of them, and he has the nerve to complain about things being unbalanced lol He jumped back to is warrior after the temp buffs lol
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 01-17-2014 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    Shots fired.

Rift Chaser

Your analysis of the first four warrior souls or so looks legit. Almost everything mage/rogue/cleric related it looks like you're spouting "too strong buff warriors".

I give this thread a 3/10, good day sir.

"microtransactions done properly is game design done poorly." - Some dude on an internet forum

No one cares about pvp in this game, so this thread is going nowhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

@OP

riftblade: can mana drain? have you ever tried using the drain in pvp?
    ok, yes, technically, it has a drain.
    effectively, no it doesn't. all mana drained is immediately recovered by passive mana regen before the drain ability it off CD.

reaver: has great aoe damage? you have got to be kidding me. reaver dots are pathetic. their only purpose is to buff infestation. every single passive proc ability on every class hits harder than reaver dots.
    corruptions are even worse. the best that can be said about them in that they make a pretty visual on the ground that might cause someone to move two steps to the left, if they didn't know that it doesn't actually hurt all that much. they cant even be used to impede flag caps, as they have 3 second ticks. flags/vessels/stones/fangs can be interacted with between corruptions ticks. also, they disappear the instant the reaver dies.

I get that you play all classes. but I doubt you've actually tried in pvp some of these souls you're commenting on.

if you are as badly mistaken on other souls as you are on those two, it is a waste of time reading the entirety of what you wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Rift Disciple

What a singularly unintelligent OP.

The best part by far is reading how a bunch of ticks of damage over a period of several seconds now suddenly constitutes a one shot.

Sab has OP AoE damage and BD needs more.

Bladedancer:

Hundred Blades: Damage increased

This is my satire of the thread.

I may add more later <3

edit: I read the rogue stuff you wrote. As someone who has mained a Rogue I don't think you have a correct, for lack of better words, knowledge set about Rogues. Not like 100% wrong but, you're giving me that feeling like we are playing different callings here.
    Last edited by Violacea; 01-17-2014 at 09:08 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast