+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Why do we think that Rift devs read these threads or even visit the forums?

Plane Walker

Default Why do we think that Rift devs read these threads or even visit the forums?

Why cant they post something, soothe our souls and promise some attention towards pvp.
    Wheres the proof? Since I came back 2.5 months ago I havent seen any proof.
    Only feedback from Trion side had been those red boxes under posts and hilariously copy-pasted warning-PMs in inbox.

And dont link that one line about pvp dimensions.

Why even bother : (

We don't.

But we have no other way to give feedback besides not paying for p2w items.

Ascendant

They just wait till the resentment level reaches a certain threshold and then come and post something (usually an empty gesture). The PvP players get excited for a bit and then the process repeats itself.

The same pattern has been happening for a long time.

They wait for people to start speaking russian, then they swing by and delete stuff.

Ascendant

Vladd does read them, and has responded to my posts a few times the same day in the Rogue forum.
    Last edited by Chaszar; 01-17-2014 at 07:36 PM.

I can't wait for the next vague dev post in the PvP section that never amounts to anything.
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    I can't wait for the next vague dev post in the PvP section that never amounts to anything.
    this, in a nutshell, is why they don't post in the pvp section.

they don't want to make promises and then be unable to deliver.
    we all know pvp is far far down on their priority list. just look at pvp dimensions. promised...and promised...and promised...
    but the only time they have to actually devote to it is during their lunch break. unless they already have plans for lunch with the hot girl/guy from customer support...

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Plane Walker

I really don't care about pvp dimensions ..it will be probably a lot like the 5v5 ranked warfronts: only interesting to a few.

But, I am rather irritated that we haven't seen the new conquest yet. It's just embarrassing that it was promised and talked about (quite a bit) a couple months ago ...but now it's just crickets.

---
    Side Note: I don't think I've seen a dev posting in the "PVP and Warfronts" forums in forever (at least in a thread that one of them didn't start.)

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog View Post
    Why cant they post something, soothe our souls and promise some attention towards pvp.
    Wheres the proof? Since I came back 2.5 months ago I havent seen any proof.
    Only feedback from Trion side had been those red boxes under posts and hilariously copy-pasted warning-PMs in inbox.

And dont link that one line about pvp dimensions.

Why even bother : (
    They do, but participating in these forums for the most part isn't going to produce anything good unless it is delivering concrete news. Which they seem to do. There is nothing to feedback about, nothing is blatantly broken. Only thing I could possibly see hitting the devs radar right now that matters is whether Tempest is really OP or if people suck and whine a lot. Granted it is like hitting with my NB from far away but, I'd say just bring back my Tactician spec. For a hard hitter that thing had rougher times than a tempest~

Meh, I don't know what I should expect, all seems fine to me. Rift works and plays like Rift. They shouldn't have talked about CQ because all they did was set a bar for themselves. With how obnoxious CQ has been for a couple years I'd hope they take the proper time rather than rush a date to meet mass expectations. Maybe that's where I find myself happier than the others in this game, expectations. Expectations actually play a large role in ones happiness regarding an activity. I think I just assume this is a casual MMO. If I wanted to have absolutely no life again I could invest in other games that are good at being a second life. Rift isn't one of those. And some people here, including myself, do some from MMO's that can pull that off.
    Last edited by Violacea; 01-17-2014 at 09:04 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

the only comment they will make is going to be so broad like "we are working hard!" or something like "we plan on making this better soon!" or "welcome to Rift, buy credits today!"

Hell I dont even think they read them anymore. Didnt even get a response in the mage section.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post

we all know pvp is far far down on their priority list. just look at pvp dimensions. promised...and promised...and promised...
    but the only time they have to actually devote to it is during their lunch break. unless they already have plans for lunch with the hot girl/guy from customer support...
    I call bull****.

There are absolutely no hot girls or guys in customer support.

Default .....

you guys fail to understand something..

pvp dimension only came about because certain dimensions geeks convinced trion to implement them so said dimension geeks could BUILD THEM because that's what they enjoy doing.

nobody would ever actually use them for actual pvp, its just something for dimension geeks to do because trion seems to like them for some reason, im assuming because the dimension geeks are trion white knights.

Daglar came in and said "the number of pve'rs out numbers pvp'ers" and i dont need to tell you why he said that. I don't think they read this anymore. Honestly I think this community behaves like this because of trion. Coming here trying to get a general honest consensus on pvp balance is near impossible if you dont pvp. I dont blame them for not reading this but its trions fault.

Trion has clearly shown through their actions that they cater to biggest player demographic if class A is played the most and they make enough noise they get what they want.

You also have corrupt "veteran" players that have consistently flamed people criticizing what is truly wrong with the game. Such as the amount of healing/cross healing , ranged kiting, cc and ttk. alll of these issue were spoken clearly about on my izualy account.
    Last edited by PathOfExile; 01-18-2014 at 10:22 AM.
    Konstantene, Izualy, Mykee, Aristeiia.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post

Developers/CMs/whatever tend to avoid PvP forums on MMO's for very good reason:

They get absolutely torn to pieces when they try.

You're literally taking a mode of gameplay which lends itself to self-identification (and really wacky self images surrounding the players' skills, abilities and shortcomings*), immersing yourself in that environment (a forum going playerbase) and trying to fight an uphill battle against people who aren't really interested in discourse for the most part, just complaining and being unable to understand the purpose behind their own complaining and a total unwillingness to compromise.

Put yourself in their position, what possible benefit would it have to post in such a derisive environment where people don't have a common goal? (eg. downing bosses or the like) No matter how logical, how understanding and how compromising you are no progress will be made.

You can be guaranteed that these forums are read by developers, and probably developers of competing MMO games to boot.

*Search for "Maslow's four stages of learning" and apply it to players, the results are hilarious

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast