+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Secret to Tankiness?

Default Secret to Tankiness?

how are some people so tanky and only take like 500 dmg a hit, while sometimes people can take a huge burst of 10k? You know what I am talking about, that one person that screams and charges in first while taking loads of hits and isn't even a tank soul and barely gets hit for nothing.

I don't think its got to do with pvp gear because we are automatically given the same amount of valor and similar amount of vengeance. And they are not being healed, its the small amount of damage they take is what im curious about.

I want to know the secret to this.

Bonus Question: How do I kill a sentinel? I have only killed a few because they forget to self heal themselves and i stun them when they are low so they don't heal themselves, but other than that, when they are concentrating on themselves only its impossible.
    Last edited by BouncyHippo; 01-17-2014 at 12:05 PM.

various souls have various types of mitigation in their trees. assassins have a 15% reduction to incoming damage after using a from stealth attack for 15 seconds, people have defiler links, warlock has an 80% damage reduction buff that lasts for 7 seconds that is not subject to the pvp absorb reduction, brothers in arms from warlords, etc.
    Last edited by ecru; 01-17-2014 at 12:36 PM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

For the Sentinel
    1-focus fire him
    2-drain his mana
    3-time interrupts when he is hard casting
    4-pull/kick him out of range of his team
    5-out gear him so your hits hurt
    6-debuff him
    Those are my biggest things I die to or shut me down
    Corinze@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Xnats View Post
    For the Sentinel
    1-focus fire him
    2-drain his mana
    3-time interrupts when he is hard casting
    4-pull/kick him out of range of his team
    5-out gear him so your hits hurt
    6-debuff him
    Those are my biggest things I die to or shut me down
    I love my sentinel and this is a perfect response. The greatest weakness of a sent is immobility. We have to stand there and have long cast times. If you can interrupt the heals or (more typically) apply enough dps to run them out of mana . . . they drop.

Killing a self-healing sentinel is not supposed to be easy. It's the nature of balance. We aren't healing anyone else while keeping ourselves up and that, in pvp, is really the victory you are trying to achieve.

Sometimes people stack up a lot of mitigation buffs at once. I know I used to laugh when I play NB with a defiler - so many times I blow my CD the same time as alien. Which results in taking 50 damage per hit. I think one time I took alien in 61rs while using scatter the shadows. Was taking like 9 - 15 damage from everything . So silly if you stack up a ton of buffs at once.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Buff NB durability.

+ Reply to Thread