+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Daglar for the love of god, do something about this now!

Plane Touched

Default Daglar for the love of god, do something about this now!

1. Warriors are beyond OP right now, not only do they hit for insane amounts of dmg in a short time window, but they also are hard as hell to take down!

2. Iam also tired of their "instadeath pulls" (getting pulled like that into a group kills you almost every time), wich has no place in a serious PvP environment!

3. Utility and high burst need to come with a cost of horrible survivability (like Pyro and Marksman)... Warriors seem to be the exception of this "universal rule"...

4. Are you guys trying to kill your own game, or why aren't you guys doing something about this?

5. The only reason cleric healing (survivability) isn't considered OP too right now, is beacouse warriors running around putting out this insane amounts of burst!

6. You cannot balance the classes only around raid dps numbers, this is the reason why Rift never will be considered an overall balanced game!

7. Buff mage SURVIVABILITY and stop hating on mages (warlock stil suuucks btw and stormcaller too)! Also Kervik needs to take a serious look at the survivability issue for the mage calling overall! It's been bad for ages now!

8. Link to the Meduzas video of him killing low geared people won't resolve this issue, just saying!

9. It's sad to see what this game turned into!

10. I guess Daglar can go back to drinking his coffee now, nothing has been fixed so far and probably won't be ever anyway...
    Last edited by SwiftyMage Bloodiron EU; 01-17-2014 at 09:18 AM.

nerf mages

im sick of playing as a squirrel

im sick of getting rooted for 8 secs then stunned for 4 secs more

im sick of getting chained stunned by harbs

im sick of having no energy

im sick of them being able to do aoe damage from range

im sick of them being able to heal

im sick or baddie mages making threads

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    nerf mages

im sick of playing as a squirrel

im sick of getting rooted for 8 secs then stunned for 4 secs more

im sick of getting chained stunned by harbs

im sick of having no energy

im sick of them being able to do aoe damage from range

im sick of them being able to heal

im sick or baddie mages making threads
    Hey i know you, and you know why? Beacouse you been here trying to defend warrior OP state everytime they come out on top of everybody else! People like you are killing this game!

Rift Disciple

by the way - honest question - is there any way for a warrior to un-squirrel himself other than break free every 2 min?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    ...its totally possible that a bug exists somewhere. ~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftyMage Bloodiron EU View Post
    1. Warriors are beyond OP right now, not only do they hit for insane amounts of dmg in a short time window, but they also are hard as hell to take down!

2. Iam also tired of their "instadeath pulls" (getting pulled like that into a group kills you almost every time), wich has no place in a serious PvP environment!

3. Utility and high burst need to come with a cost of horrible survivability (like Pyro and Marksman)... Warriors seem to be the exception of this "universal rule"...y

4. Are you guys trying to kill your own game, or why aren't you guys doing something about this?

5. The only reason cleric healing (survivability) isn't considered OP too right now, is beacouse warriors running around putting out this insane amounts of burst!

6. You cannot balance the classes only around raid dps numbers, this is the reason why Rift never will be considered an overall balanced game!

7. Buff mage SURVIVABILITY and stop hating on mages (warlock stil suuucks btw and stormcaller too)! Also Kervik needs to take a serious look at the survivability issue for the mage calling overall! It's been bad for ages now!

8. Link to the Meduzas video of him killing low geared people won't resolve this issue, just saying!

10. I guess Daglar can go back to drinking his coffee now, nothing has been fixed so far and probably won't be ever anyway...
    While they are at it.. sin rogue is stupidly easy and overpowered. Think they are wrose than tempest. Tempest has about 15seconds a minute...sin rogues are taking out ppl in half of that (if not less).

Have one of each class. Mage does need help, as does cleric dps. Healing needs to be reeled in some on cleric.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by bouhhan View Post
    by the way - honest question - is there any way for a warrior to un-squirrel himself other than break free every 2 min?
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/ability/-3320574

Rift Disciple

God of Rift disapproves this thread.

If you want Warriors to be nerfed, there are some other things that need to be Nerfed/Fixed first.

*Warriors run out of power in 5 seconds.
    *Warrior can be kited for the whole duration of fight.
    *Warrior can't do anything against a GOOD Mage/Cleric.
    *Cleric is OP
    *Mage is OP
    *Rogue is OK
    *Warrior is Underpowered

Conclusion : Nerf Mage/Cleric, buff Warrior.

Just out of curiosity, is the OP playing Mage/Cleric? A good Mage/Cleric should never have a problem beating a Warrior.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
    if i'm not playing tempest?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    ...its totally possible that a bug exists somewhere. ~Daglar

Hey i know you, and you know why? Beacouse you been here trying to defend warrior OP state everytime they come out on top of everybody else! People like you are killing this game!
    I've actually been non stop about nerfing tempest. I'm just sick of mages who have unreal souls complaining because we have one soul that's good.

Nerf plate though temps are way too durable

3. Utility and high burst need to come with a cost of horrible survivability (like Pyro and Marksman)... Warriors seem to be the exception of this "universal rule"...

You must have lost a couple of matches for this post! I will qualify my statements with this:
    -I roll pyro
    -In the hundreds of wf's i have played in i pugged/solo qued all but about 10

When you go with high damage (really in most classes) but especially as a mage - you lose survivability. You have to learn a couple of things:

1. Positioning is absolutely primary
    2. You will die some
    3. You should always consider yourself "support" even if you top the chart for your team or both in the wf with damage!!
    4. When you play with pugs things are very different in their mind about what they want to / trying to accomplish
    5. Try and get your team mates to work on objectives, focus fire, kill the guy with the "plus" sign or numbers above their heads

Now when you read the above points you realize YOU only control 1 and 3. You can help mitigate 2 by controlling those two factors. Peel and keep your healer up, even though he may not throw heals your way!! The reason is he may be healing the face-tanks on your team which still keep folks off you!

If you are in a lower bracket just understand that things will change some at 60.

Also realize you will never 1v1 somebody well as a mage - that is where positioning and the "support" comment come from above. You can change matches dramatically if you play well as a mage, either dmg or dom or chloro.

Also understand things change dramatically if you roll with a couple of other folks in a wf and don't solo que. The playstyle will be different. If you have a serious problem with surviving, this might be your best bet until you gear up more.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

tbh i agree about mages. pyros are susceptible to silences and interrupts and are unbelievably squishy, even mm and ranger is susceptible to disarms, but you have temps crapping all over pyro dps and burst who cannot be disarmed, interrupted, or silenced at all. why would you ever want to play pyro dps when you could play a temp? temps do it better, they do it more often, and they live longer too. on top of this silences are much, much more prevalent than disarms.

if i go up against a pyro as mm at least they can disarm me, and yea i can interrupt/silence, but they at least have some sort of hard counter to my dps, even though i can cleanse or break it. pyro vs temp? wtf are you gonna do as a pyro to stop a temp from blowing you up?
    Last edited by ecru; 01-17-2014 at 10:35 AM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Am sorry but the Plate mages are the who are Op, Real warriors = fml.

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    wtf are you gonna do as a pyro to stop a temp from blowing you up?
    Right now - nothing. If you are lucky enough to get off root and then flicker, you basically just get a better veiwing angle before they finish you.

This was actually a post i made the other day complaining about immunity on CC timers. I tried to stun a temp and it didn't work. Dead just a little bit later. The comment wasn't really about timers in general, just that it meant that my class has no counter to thiers in that particular situation. Sucks, but it is what it is.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    tbh i agree about mages. pyros are susceptible to silences and interrupts and are unbelievably squishy, even mm and ranger is susceptible to disarms, but you have temps crapping all over pyro dps and burst who cannot be disarmed, interrupted, or silenced at all. why would you ever want to play pyro dps when you could play a temp? temps do it better, they do it more often, and they live longer too. on top of this silences are much, much more prevalent than disarms.

if i go up against a pyro as mm at least they can disarm me, and yea i can interrupt/silence, but they at least have some sort of hard counter to my dps, even though i can cleanse or break it. pyro vs temp? wtf are you gonna do as a pyro to stop a temp from blowing you up?
    stun them during charged pulse and kill them before they can get their next cast off. or stay at max range so they cant use tranquility. use a shield before arc procs. root and flicker out of max range and kite when they pop wavelength (for 61 point)

temps strength is not 1 v 1 ever. its strength is attacking people who dont know what is coming.

pyro has way more to it than temp and rewards you for playing right. its more rng dependant but it's still nasty. i play at low level and im not good at range since im so used to melee and not being at max range and i rip it up in pyro

its not as good as current temp/para in group play but its not that far behind like people claim and its got a lot better tools to deal with melee and 1 v 1
    Last edited by dday; 01-17-2014 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kajib View Post
    Am sorry but the Plate mages are the who are Op, Real warriors = fml.
    yup pretty much this, i actually log on my mage when i want to play melee because i hate warlord so much due to how easily its shut down by energy or any form of cc.

its an embarassment what trion has done to the warrior class they made us into a mage with our only good dps spec being a range caster that is OP

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast