+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Vengeance vs AP, Please Help Me.

Default Vengeance vs AP, Please Help Me.

Hi, I am 99.9% sure that I know Vengeance does more dmg to other players then Attack Power does. But I am here to make sure of that.

I did a test I used the +100 Attack Power Runes on both of my daggers and hit another player for 1 minute. Then I put on the Mercenary's Whetstones on both by daggers. The Mercenary Whetstones did more damage with the 4 attacks I used Savage Strike, Final Blow, Serpent Strike and BackStab. The +200 Vengeance did more damage on all attacks then the +200 AP to the other Rogue I was dualing.

Then I was told by a guildie that thinks Attack Power is the same as Vengeance and adds the same amount of damage that you cant test it that way and you need to take everything off and just use your Daggers. So I did that then hit another player using only auto attack and both tests did the same dmg in 1 minute.

I understand there is RNG, ect. But when testing with my normal build and all my gear on the +100 Vengeance on both of my daggers did more Damage using all attacks.

So just to be 100% sure. Vengeance does allow you to do more dmg to other players then the Attack Power Whetstones do, Right?

I have always noticed when using the Vengeance whetstones, I did more dmg. But this one kid in my guild is hell bent that AP and Veng do the same dmg to other players.

Please, If you know anything about this, let me know.

Thank you.

Mei

They are exactly the same (or they are supposed to be, according to Daglar long ago).

Then why do my attacks with Vengeance Whetstones do more dmg then Attack Power Whetstones. I dont mean the naked auto attack test as that didnt really show anything.

I'm talking about when I tested them using all of my gear then going from the 2x AP to 2x Vengeance. All of my attacks did about 5-11% more Damage. I understand RNG but this was tested a few times on the same person using no buffs

1Veng = 1AP/SP

Quote Originally Posted by Onem3o View Post
    Then why do my attacks with Vengeance Whetstones do more dmg then Attack Power Whetstones. I dont mean the naked auto attack test as that didnt really show anything.

I'm talking about when I tested them using all of my gear then going from the 2x AP to 2x Vengeance. All of my attacks did about 5-11% more Damage. I understand RNG but this was tested a few times on the same person using no buffs
    I am going to assume your talking about the crafted AP whetstones and not the planar buff, if its the latter then it has slightly less AP than the PvP consumable has vengeance.
    Marrow of Seastone (Cleric-Main)
    Kelebra of Seastone (Mage-Alt)
    Remorse of Seastone (Warrior-Alt)
    Nine of Seastone (Rogue-Alt)

Ap is actually still better since %talents don't add vengeance.

All I got from this is the OP does not know the definitions of then or than.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Onem3o View Post
    Hi, I am 99.9% sure that I know Vengeance does more dmg to other players then Attack Power does. But I am here to make sure of that.

I did a test I used the +100 Attack Power Runes on both of my daggers and hit another player for 1 minute. Then I put on the Mercenary's Whetstones on both by daggers. The Mercenary Whetstones did more damage with the 4 attacks I used Savage Strike, Final Blow, Serpent Strike and BackStab. The +200 Vengeance did more damage on all attacks then the +200 AP to the other Rogue I was dualing.

Then I was told by a guildie that thinks Attack Power is the same as Vengeance and adds the same amount of damage that you cant test it that way and you need to take everything off and just use your Daggers. So I did that then hit another player using only auto attack and both tests did the same dmg in 1 minute.

I understand there is RNG, ect. But when testing with my normal build and all my gear on the +100 Vengeance on both of my daggers did more Damage using all attacks.

So just to be 100% sure. Vengeance does allow you to do more dmg to other players then the Attack Power Whetstones do, Right?

I have always noticed when using the Vengeance whetstones, I did more dmg. But this one kid in my guild is hell bent that AP and Veng do the same dmg to other players.

Please, If you know anything about this, let me know.

Thank you.
    I had the same question a long time ago and was told that AP/SP are the same thing with Vengeance. Which to me didn't make sense because logically I thought that Vengeance as PVP and SP/AP was PVE but pffft I was told they are one in the same. How it is calculated or describe is beyond my comprehension

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by charliekelly View Post
    Ap is actually still better since %talents don't add vengeance.
    Pretty sure that was fixed once upon a time, but I wouldn't be suprised if that was messed up.

AP is also better since it works against npcs. Which isn't a huge concern outside of port scion or CQ, but sometimes you get stuck there.

I always find it funny when people complain a feast of domination is dropped because "it's not the pvp one!"

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    Pretty sure that was fixed once upon a time, but I wouldn't be suprised if that was messed up.

AP is also better since it works against npcs. Which isn't a huge concern outside of port scion or CQ, but sometimes you get stuck there.

I always find it funny when people complain a feast of domination is dropped because "it's not the pvp one!"
    Wasn't fixed the last time I checked.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    All I got from this is the OP does not know the definitions of then or than.
    It annoys me too... That and people spelling 'a lot' as 'alot'.

Bet it annoys me alot more then you.

Was fixed when I was testing after the patch that supposedly fixed it.

Could have changed since then, I remember an issue would keep flip flopping after every patch starting in 1.6.

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    It annoys me too... That and people spelling 'a lot' as 'alot'.

Bet it annoys me alot more then you.
    Ah yes, the fabled Alot.

It's worked for a long time now. You would have to not checked in over half a year. Anyway, it works now. Everything from MM's second row talent, Ranger second row buff, BD on crit buff, NB/RS passives, Bard finisher stack, etc.

I can't be 100% sure though if the ones that say "adds AP contribution" are doing Vengeance as well since that is not something you can view on a tooltip sheet.
    Last edited by Violacea; 01-17-2014 at 03:57 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

Ah yes, the fabled Alot.
    Looks scary.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast