+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: CC immunity?

Soulwalker

Default CC immunity?

how long does it last?

1st CC effect has full duration. When it ends, the target has immunity for the same period of time as the duration of the CC.

I think Break Free has its own 5-sec immunity buff after you apply it though.
    Last edited by Jonus; 01-16-2014 at 06:31 PM.

Soulwalker

so if I sheep someone and it breaks would they get immunity for full duration or how long they were under?

Soulwalker

nvm i misread your post.

Thanks

It's full duration.

I just tested it just then.

Here's how it works:

If you pop an 8sec CC on a player and:
    • a. They decide to not break out of the CC. It lasts 8secs. They get an 8sec immunity to CC afterwards.
    • b. They decide to break out with Break Free immediately. It only lasted 1sec. They get an 8sec immunity to CC afterwards. (Break Free gives them a 5sec CC immunity buff itself, but the normal immunity lasts for 8secs total).
    • c. They decide to break out with a non-Break Free ability immediately. It only lasted 1sec. They get an 8sec immunity to CC afterwards.

If you pop an 3sec CC on a player and:
    • a. They decide to not break out of the CC. It lasts 3secs. They get a 3sec immunity to CC afterwards.
    • b. They decide to break out with Break Free immediately. It only lasted 1sec. They get a 3sec immunity to CC afterwards, but Break Free also gives a 5sec CC immunity buff. Therefore they have a 5sec CC immunity.
    • c. They decide to break out with a non-Break Free ability immediately. It only lasted 1sec. They get a 3sec immunity to CC afterwards.

You are also immune to the same type of CC whilst the CC is up. So for instance for an 8sec CC, if you wait the full 8 secs, you'll be immune during those 8 secs, and then 8secs after that.
    Last edited by Jonus; 01-16-2014 at 07:04 PM.

Ascendant

With so much CC flying about in PvP you should have immunity from CC after the first one and make it last a minute. this makes CC important and doesn't allow you to 'stun lock' or chain silence a player until dead. this would promote skill as you have to time your CC/silence. Ps add pulls to the category too. Where's the skill in pull then stun?

Shield of Telara

As much as I would like that idea Caitie. It's hard when you'll have people randomly throwing CC at the enemy without thinking so when you go to strategically put a CC on a healer, they are already immune because of random people just throwing random CC at them without thinking.

At the same time, I think the DR system now is complete crap.

Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    With so much CC flying about in PvP you should have immunity from CC after the first one and make it last a minute. this makes CC important and doesn't allow you to 'stun lock' or chain silence a player until dead. this would promote skill as you have to time your CC/silence. Ps add pulls to the category too. Where's the skill in pull then stun?
    haha stun locking and chain stunning is the whole skill of the game. there would be 0 skill if you were immune for 1 min from cc. SMH

let me guess break free in some macros?

and what rift game are you playing with cc being thrown around? most pugs dont even know what cc is never mind use it correctly. i could imagine healers with 1 min silence immunity lol

Shield of Telara

Trust me, even though you'd imagine majority of people in PUG warfronts not using CC, there would be more using it without thinking of what to do after using it.. More or less, they've used it because it's there but haven't thought about what to do once it's affected their opponent.

Healers with 1 minute immunity.. Don't talk to loud the Dev's might hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkorian View Post
    Trust me, even though you'd imagine majority of people in PUG warfronts not using CC, there would be more using it without thinking of what to do after using it.. More or less, they've used it because it's there but haven't thought about what to do once it's affected their opponent.

Healers with 1 minute immunity.. Don't talk to loud the Dev's might hear.
    the whole point of the game is managing cc and damage. 1 min immunity is literally the dumbest thing i've ever heard, actually scratch that saying it would make the game more skillful is the dumbest thing ive ever heard. sorry to be so blunt but christ this is dumb

i would actually love to see more types of cc but not anything like stuns. more like cc with counters so you could do more then smash a few macros and you had to be smart using your escapes wisely.

Shield of Telara

I do agree there needs to be more CC that isn't just stun types. More use of snares and freezing people on the spot but still allowing them to use spells/abilities or even disarms being used a bit more..

I think currently the CC's that get used and people complain more so about, are the ones like stuns. Pyromancers stuns for example are stupid considering they can use there big stun Flashfire and if their opponent doesn't have any break frees or utilities to get out of it, they are either on their death bed or close to it. Pyro's don't even need or deserve to have the amount of CC they have. But hey, this isn't a Pyro nerf/buff thread.

Things like Sentinel Flash of Radiance are useful CC that aren't so much as game breaking like some of the stuns for example. Pacify your enemy when things are getting tough to allow yourself to survive that bit longer and regroup.

I think what i'm getting across with my posts above is that the immunity timer on CC can sometimes be a bad thing for both people using the CC on targets and being the target getting CC'ed. Hard to work out a balance on that part.

Game has too much CC tbh, can't stand it. It's obnoxious carrying any stone. Swear people are out to annoy rather than to kill me. Just blowing every goofy CC in the world throwing my camera every direction, yanking me any direction, bouncing up, forward, sideways, turning into different animals, whatever it be.

And I don't know about Break free. I took a CC on my NB, used the port to break it. Took another CC immediately, used break free. Then I ate a 4s something and sat unable to hit any keys as I just died with two break frees no less than 3s into their CDs. Pretty stupid.

Just wish I could die to raw damage more. So much skill dying when I can't hit any buttons. CC is like the anti-skill, it's I win buttons when you catch people without break frees. Might as well fight an un-armed man.
    Last edited by Violacea; 01-16-2014 at 10:41 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    wrong, Makes CC useless and what Rift Storm legion pvp is today, Dps race vs heals. That's why healers are so strong in Rift, you can't really CC them.

Hence why rogues and doms are the only ones to really shut healers down with mana drain mechanics.

CC properly is what made pre SL more skillful. It's what makes WoW pvp work for Esport and small scale pvp.

Rift Storm legion caters to stupid zerg play and mass heals vs dps with boring fights. It's so dumb warfronts with mass healers on both sides, no real CC to shut them down, you just sit there until timer on Warfront runs out.

Same in Conquest where 2 premades stacked with healers fight, those fights last forever with no side getting many kills.

WoW had the correct CC mechanics and every class had counters to stun locks and promoted using CC properly or losing. Rift pvp is just brainless pve.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 01-16-2014 at 11:01 PM.

Meh. Crybabies, lol. It's probably not even the one you're fighting that's doing the cc to you. That's what you get for being 1v1 minded instead of team play. That's why I love 61 Harbinger, it's supposed to be a strong single target cc SUPPORT soul and it's cc is not for escaping combat, that's for sure. It's for helping a team mate that's in distress (especially healers who can't even fight while being attacked by big bad warriors and rogues). It's for team mates to target my target knowing a cc is going down. Something like pulling, but different. Harbinger is NOT for making its own kb's, it's not that kind of soul. If they nerf cc, which is what Harbinger is all about, then they'd need to greatly buff its burst damage in compensation because it's not a bursting type of soul and will die without its cc. Next time you're getting cc all the time, look for a Harbinger. Most souls can't do half the cc that it can. You all just want guaranteed wins, lol. CC is fine, it serves its intended purpose and that to limit even op builds.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    wrong, Makes CC useless and what Rift Storm legion pvp is today, Dps race vs heals. That's why healers are so strong in Rift, you can't really CC them.

Hence why rogues and doms are the only ones to really shut healers down with mana drain mechanics.

CC properly is what made pre SL more skillful. It's what makes WoW pvp work for Esport and small scale pvp.

Rift Storm legion caters to stupid zerg play and mass heals vs dps with boring fights. It's so dumb warfronts with mass healers on both sides, no real CC to shut them down, you just sit there until timer on Warfront runs out.

Same in Conquest where 2 premades stacked with healers fight, those fights last forever with no side getting many kills.

WoW had the correct CC mechanics and every class had counters to stun locks and promoted using CC properly or losing. Rift pvp is just brainless pve.
    Mana wrench is vastly better than my ****ty debilitating poison.
    Guardians:
    PR90 Smugjugs@Seastone (Briarcliff/Sunrest/Deepstrike/Dayblind)
    50 Unnamed@Seastone (Previously Bellicosa)

38 Scataracts@Seastone

50 Witchtits@Seastone (Defiant pending faction change)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast