+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Finally it hit me, the reason behind Tempest!

Plane Walker

Default Finally it hit me, the reason behind Tempest!

You know, Rift population is slowly degrading. Pvp is ... eee.. it is what it is.

So Trion had this brilliant idea: lets make a soul even a handicapped person can play! And make it so easy you can play it with 2 buttons. Or 1.

What drew me to this conclusion? A backpedalling tempest who was nr 1 damage done in steppes. Surely if you backpedal you have some kind of a syndrome.

I have nothing against handicapped people and Id say let them have their fun too, but really, this is going to far, I didnt think Trion would fall this low.

Trion, stop making money on handicapped people!

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog View Post
    You know, Rift population is slowly degrading. Pvp is ... eee.. it is what it is.

So Trion had this brilliant idea: lets make a soul even a handicapped person can play! And make it so easy you can play it with 2 buttons. Or 1.

What drew me to this conclusion? A backpedalling tempest who was nr 1 damage done in steppes. Surely if you backpedal you have some kind of a syndrome.

I have nothing against handicapped people and Id say let them have their fun too, but really, this is going to far, I didnt think Trion would fall this low.

Trion was too lazy to fix melee that's why
    Dogkin@seastone<the cult> - RIP <wipe>
    Dogkin@vigil <Dawn of Terror>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    Women in pvp are a rare breed compared to your average soccer mom grinding mats for her children.

Someone's mad that they got killed by someone who uses the "S" key.

Also yes Tempest is basically 1.0 Sab Lite
    Even free cost too much now

Plane Walker

Nah, hes burst only took 75% of my hp in 2-3 seconds, managed to run away So no, Im not mad that I got "killed" or something.

Doubt Tempest was made with PvP in mind or directly because of it. It was probably made just to broaden the warrior calling to have something they can write off as a passable real ranged soul. I look deep into things but, I think you are looking too deep on a tangent.

I'm not highly bothered by tempest but it can be brutal when playing my cleric. I have to be aware one is attacking me if I want to live and not be blind sided into death. It's very powerful but they also go down like any other DPS, it's the heals behind that will make it rough or not. But that goes for any competent DPS, perhaps DPS executed in such an easy way it takes little competency to spike high, is a glimpse into what the game would be like if so many other souls were utilized fully in performance.

I don't care if they tone it down or leave it, I'd rather have a tempest on me than a NB. You guys whine too much, I was always told I don't mind DPS because I play one. Been maining a cleric basically for a while now and still feel the same. Yeah, you guys whine~
    Last edited by Violacea; 01-16-2014 at 09:40 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

It was probably me; I backpedal all the time. I also bunny hop so it mesmerizes people. I think its because of how high I can jump.

Random buttons ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Yeah, you guys whine~
    Not sure what you are talking about. Back on topic, this spec is OP. Also, Immunity Timers on CC really piss me off. In addition, buff Pyro.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

Rift Disciple

Tempest is not OP. If anything, it needs to be buffed with more survivability.

...What drew me to this conclusion? A backpedalling tempest who was nr 1 damage done in steppes. Surely if you backpedal you have some kind of a syndrome...
    if you haven't yet seen entire teams backpedal in whitefall, you've been playing blind.

the single most effective strategy in that match (and most other maps) is simply to charge straight down the other teams throat. doesn't matter what class or spec you are. if your team pushes, the other team panics and runs away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by God of Rift View Post
    Tempest is not OP. If anything, it needs to be buffed with more survivability.
    Maybe one day you'll post something that isn't utter unoriginal, tryhard ****.

But I doubt it.
    Last edited by SWGMOD010; 01-16-2014 at 02:19 PM.

Also, Stormzill
    STORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORM

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    the single most effective strategy in that match (and most other maps) is simply to charge straight down the other teams throat. doesn't matter what class or spec you are. if your team pushes, the other team panics and runs away.
    Exactly. LOL in fact, i have to be careful when I swap from my warrior to my mage on the same night because i will totally forget the first couple of times in WF's and while i might not just charge in - I will definitely get my spacing screwed up until i die once or twice and remember i'm wearing cloth instead of plate.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by SWGMOD010 View Post
    Maybe one day you'll post something that isn't utter unoriginal, tryhard ****.

But I doubt it.
    There is no need to be upset, no tears only dreams now.

Yeah, refer to my post

Also, Stormzill
    STORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORM

Plane Touched

the reason is money

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    if you haven't yet seen entire teams backpedal in whitefall, you've been playing blind.

This is one of my favorite tactics on Bard. I have about 36k hp in my Bard spec and of course run speed, so I charge down the middle spamming Cadence and CoR and run right through the advancing team. Pop temps and run for cover with a few in tow and now the front is full of holes. If there is anyone good, they can get the team on track again but if its all scrubs, the confusion turns an otherwise fair match in to a steamroll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast