+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Ranked 5v5 Leaderboards?

Default Ranked 5v5 Leaderboards?

I have not really PVPed for sometime now and was curious about the Ranked 5v5s. Are they popular? Are there any Leaderboards that show the ranks? Any teams recruiting?
    Last edited by July13th; 01-15-2014 at 08:15 PM.

Plane Walker

No, no and probably not.
    Luxie@greybriar
    Healmesloots@deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Honeymoon View Post
    No, no and probably not.
    I wonder where all those people demanding arenas went. When asking around in game alot of people knew nothing about it so that could be part of the problem. I am a little sad that this was not popular.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by July13th View Post
    I wonder where all those people demanding arenas went. When asking around in game alot of people knew nothing about it so that could be part of the problem. I am a little sad that this was not popular.
    Trion added it the worst way possible, they slapped the pvp community.

The way it functions is terrible. No thought or time was put into it. All they did was take Black Garden and take the objectives out. No one asked for what they put in.

When people asked for 5v5 or a small scale competitive pvp system, they were expecting something new and a ranking system that mattered. Or even ranked warfronts were asked.

Guess Trion really does not want to add any competitive play in this game, may make the hardcore raiders upset when they find out they are not very good at real pvp content.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    may make the hardcore raiders upset when they find out they are not very good at real pvp content.

I'm gonna guess probably not.

The way it functions is terrible. No thought or time was put into it. All they did was take Black Garden and take the objectives out. No one asked for what they put in.
    When they announced 5v5 I was expecting Black Garden. If ranked pvp proved popular I am sure they would spend more time coming up with some more small pvp instances.
    When people asked for 5v5 or a small scale competitive pvp system, they were expecting something new and a ranking system that mattered. Or even ranked warfronts were asked.
    I was expecting some sort of leaderboards. Hopefully this is just the trial run and Trion will devout some more time to this. I would hate to see this go the way of master mode dungeons.
    Guess Trion really does not want to add any competitive play in this game, may make the hardcore raiders upset when they find out they are not very good at real pvp content.
    I do not think that is true. I think that Trion just does not have the people to do both.

Do 5v5s even give favor and prestige?
    Even free cost too much now

Screamo isn't here so 5v5s don't matter.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    Do 5v5s even give favor and prestige?
    I have not been able to do them but my understanding is that no favor or prestige is given.

One of the problems with this is you can not join by yourself. I have yet to try this but can't get anyone to join.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    One of the problems with this is you can not join by yourself. I have yet to try this but can't get anyone to join.
    I personally like that it requires a team. It should be premade vs premade.

Quote Originally Posted by July13th View Post
    I personally like that it requires a team. It should be premade vs premade.
    Agreed. 5v5 pug deathmatch sounds rough.
    Even free cost too much now

People asked for small-scale pvp with ELO ratings. You received exactly that.

What the hell is the issue here?

Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    One of the problems with this is you can not join by yourself.
    Hmm... so you'd want to queue up, potentially get teamed with four randoms who have no clue what they're doing, don't have appropriate specs, no pvp gear and then have your warfront rating affected by the ensuing roflstomp loss?

I think the main problem is there is no rankings. The week it came out I saw people setting up. 5man premades a lot. I was in three different groups in week one. After the match is over there is no increase/decrease in rank or leaderboard. No leagues. Just a 5v5 that you can actually do in any other warfront and receive favor in at the same time. Needs a ranking system and you will get more people playing IMO.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast