Like Tree12Likes
  • 3 Post By charliekelly
  • 4 Post By Tookmyjob
  • 3 Post By Tengri
  • 1 Post By Violacea
  • 1 Post By Bliter

Thread: Daglar on PVP Dims!!!

Default Daglar on PVP Dims!!!

Got an awesome update on pvp dimensions today!

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post4665099
    Thondrin - W̶o̶l̶f̶s̶b̶a̶n̶e̶ Derpwood - Warrior - Doing it wrong since 2011 - I melee in CQ

You will be able to spawn in them. 100% confirmed.

Ascendant

Only purchasable with credits on the store.

A likely waste of development time when they could have made some PvP content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    Only purchasable with credits on the store.

A likely waste of development time when they could have made some PvP content instead.
    The PvP update will introduce spawn points that cost 1500 credits and only last 24 hours.

Considering PvP dims were advertised on these boards with a lee-way premise of "not arenas, but PvP dims". Then before those came out...they sort of released the whole "not arena" thing. Which isn't really the most active aspect of Rift. Am I suppose to think PvP dims will take off at all?

They will do something evil like tie them into CQ.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Considering PvP dims were advertised on these boards with a lee-way premise of "not arenas, but PvP dims". Then before those came out...they sort of released the whole "not arena" thing. Which isn't really the most active aspect of Rift. Am I suppose to think PvP dims will take off at all?

Like "Dim Power"? have to login every 6 hours or you lose it all? Sound par for the course....
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post

Arenas in EQ2 were always empty, why bother when your on a PvP server. I didn't think they would take off here for similar reasoning, WF and CQ will keep the average Joe happy. The guys who would use them would be elites average Joes couldn't beat so it wouldn't be used often because of that too. And besides, 5v5s could happen just as easily in OW so I always looked at those threads on arenas as a waste of everyone's time and attention whoring. The dimensions really don't look like they will be a return on time invested for a very long time. The ones that asked for ranked stuff are gone so whatever they do now is for the new guys and to be frank, none really stand out yet as take charge dudes.
    Imho, dims and 5v5s should have always been part of the plan, but to wait until now is like throwing a guy a life ring after he is drowned. It WAS a good idea at some point before Rift PvP was defined as pew pew numbers farming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    Arenas in EQ2 were always empty, why bother when your on a PvP server. I didn't think they would take off here for similar reasoning, WF and CQ will keep the average Joe happy. The guys who would use them would be elites average Joes couldn't beat so it wouldn't be used often because of that too. And besides, 5v5s could happen just as easily in OW so I always looked at those threads on arenas as a waste of everyone's time and attention whoring. The dimensions really don't look like they will be a return on time invested for a very long time. The ones that asked for ranked stuff are gone so whatever they do now is for the new guys and to be frank, none really stand out yet as take charge dudes.
    Imho, dims and 5v5s should have always been part of the plan, but to wait until now is like throwing a guy a life ring after he is drowned. It WAS a good idea at some point before Rift PvP was defined as pew pew numbers farming.
    Too little, too late. They found away to tie to the cash shop, which is the only way PvP will get any attention. Only playing sub games from here on out.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Plane Walker

Whats this pvp dimension all about? Someone builds a dimension, bunch of people enter it and then kill eachother in there?

+ Reply to Thread