+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By Antigonos

Thread: Compleat PVP overhaul

Shadowlander

Default Compleat PVP overhaul

Its time to completely renovate player versus player. Out with this old school PVP system, and in with a new more competitive and rewarding system.

To start with we revamp the warfront queue system. When people decide to queue up for PVP they select from roles that they would like to play. It could be as simple as healer, damage, support and tank. But it could certainly be more complicated depending on the match type. for example flag defender or attacker, stone runner, defensive or offensive group healer.
    A person would queue for a role, or several roles and depending on what the next matchup needs they are selected for that role. And warfronts could have a few freelance positions that are open for choice of the player once they enter. just so the matchups will not always be exactly the same. and this will allow players of non "needed' roles to join up and fill the match.

Next PVP gear is no longer purchased, it is equipped to the player upon entry to the Warfront depending on the role chosen. Gear would have stats that benefit the role chosen, but that would not seriously limit the player if they decided that a different role as needed and switched.

Instead of earning gear for doing warfronts, players could trade in favor for other sought after items, such as: Money, Special PVP costumes, dimension items, crafting materials, PVP only mounts, and most importantly PVP consumables.

Ranking up can still be included in PVP, but instead of unlocking higher tiers of gear, it could unlock, titles, access to additional items from the rewards above, and special warfront abilities. For example the highest person in the warfront could have to option to be the Warfront leader. Giving them special abilities to call out attacks, or choose targets to attack. This ability could also be useful for squad leaders or team captains. so one team can defend a base, while another attacks a base.

Since there a good way to punish people for going AFK in a WF has not been found, lets instead change the way that players are rewarded.
    Favor should be awarded to players to actively damage enemies or heal team mates. There should also be bonus favor for defending or attacking points, and completing objectives. Favor should not be awarded to those in the start area, or those not contributing.

If PVP is going to be a skill based part of the game, let it be skill based, not gear dependent.
    if PVP is going to be a Team based part of the game, let be and feel like a Team activity.

If you see flaws in this plan, please submit useful comments on how to fix/improve it.
    If you have a better idea, please share with the rest of us.
    If you like some or all of this plan, please speak up, change wont happen if a perceived need and interest is not present.

Ascendant

the biggest flaw in your plan:

trion wont do anything.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post

trion wont do anything.
    They would have to enter the PvP forums and read it first.

Ascendant

I give them 6 months to debate it over the table, 6 more to conclude how it will be done, then 6 more to impliment said idea.

Then again 6 months until server shutdown is more likely then even the aforementioned possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Seikatsukira View Post
    Snip
    We here at Trion Lockboxes Emporium United Incorporated, feel like this idea would be too restrictive to the playerbase, in regards to PvE'rs who wish to compete in PvP. We consider the fact that the PvP only players would be at an unfair advantage to the everyday Joe who wishes to PvP, so PvE trinkets have to be stronger.

Your idea about favor is also a wonderful idea! However we feel like it would be detrimental to our bottom line, as Favor/Pres vials are our only way of generating income from the shee...I mean PvP populace.

However we like your Idea of PvP mounts. Look forward to them being included in our newest iteration of lockboxes! These one's are especially fun, requiring both a 12 day unlocking period, a key AND a ritual sacrificing a Corgie to Regulos!

~Signature 1-239075=-12359102875-0128un0f13248h0fnpo12i3
    Last edited by WhozDat; 01-15-2014 at 01:19 AM.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post

trion wont do anything.
    Yep. ^This.

I got to "to start with we revamp..." and I stopped reading. Trion won't do anything you've suggested. They will not listen. They will not reply. They will let PvP Die. Hmm, maybe that should be my new mantra?

Something inside me wants to think they are working on super sekret stuffz to turn it all around. But then again, I toss a dollar into the local lottery and hope to win too. I think the odds are about the same lol.
    Friends Don't let Friends buy Lock-boxes

+ Reply to Thread