+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Tempest is OP

Default Tempest is OP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so3PxwAj7nU

Definitely OP on low lvl. I feel kinda sorry for guys getting instakilled by singe rotation of 3-4 skills
    Vspr@Zaviel | Fio@Gelidra | Clawd@Gelidra

Quote Originally Posted by mickeye View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so3PxwAj7nU

Definitely OP on low lvl. I feel kinda sorry for guys getting instakilled by singe rotation of 3-4 skills
    rofl is this how most people play tempest? no wonder they don't do anything.

2point arcs, seems all attacks are macro'd into one button so you rarely use tranquility with arc, please don't call a spec op if you aren't even playing it properly
    Last edited by wickede; 01-14-2014 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post

2point arcs, seems all attacks are macro'd into one button so you rarely use tranquility with arc, please don't call a spec op if you aren't even playing it properly
    the worst are the people who dont call it OP and play 61 temp or 58 temp and spam AOE

@OP temp is going to be very good in non 60 people because it doesnt require the 61 point ability to be good in any way.

but yes IMO its OP at high level as well mainly at max gear and CP

Thanks for proving my point. Not playing spec properly and still getting instakills.

I was playing this spec for two days max, which is around 20 warfronts, before this video. Usually racking up double kills than 2nd behind me and topping damage most of the time, even though I barely knew all the synergies and stuff this spec brings. I believe being on recieving side must be really unfun, and that's why I wrote first post.

Comment the gameplay as you wish, I don't really care about some forum warrior and his insights. The point remain the same: the spec is OP and deserve a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    @OP temp is going to be very good in non 60 people because it doesnt require the 61 point ability to be good in any way.

but yes IMO its OP at high level as well mainly at max gear and CP
    Thanks for your input and agreement.
    Last edited by mickeye; 01-14-2014 at 11:23 PM.
    Vspr@Zaviel | Fio@Gelidra | Clawd@Gelidra

Quote Originally Posted by mickeye View Post
    Thanks for proving my point. Not playing spec properly and still getting instakills.

I was playing this spec for two days max, which is around 20 warfronts, before this video. Usually racking up double kills than 2nd behind me and topping damage most of the time, even though I barely knew all the synergies and stuff this spec brings. I believe being on recieving side must be really unfun, and that's why I wrote first post.

Comment the gameplay as you wish, I don't really care about some forum warrior and his insights. The point remain the same: the spec is OP and deserve a nerf.

Thanks for your input and agreement.
    Burst macro on one key, lightning torrent, flurry and skyfall on another.

Congratz, You just played the hardest class in rift with two buttons.

However in other news, apparently Vlad does *not* think Tempests are too strong at the moment. So please stop providing obviously biased and flawed information!
    Last edited by WhozDat; 01-14-2014 at 11:59 PM.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Shadowlander

Tempest is definitely the strongest and easiest ranged soul in PvP atm. Dont understand how something this obviously OP has been ignored for this long

In the 10-19 bracket healers could barely heal through my shock pulses and i wasn't even running a Tempest spec at the time, it was my sub soul. WL/Para/Temp

"50+ bracket"

"10-19 bracket"

Both of these brackets are horrible anyways, heals do close to nothing in these and people die like flies.

Please stop commenting on PvP based on low level areas.

(Elementalist op hitting me for 9k when I have 11k in 50-54 bracket)

Quote Originally Posted by Axarion View Post
    "50+ bracket"

"10-19 bracket"

Both of these brackets are horrible anyways, heals do close to nothing in these and people die like flies.

Please stop commenting on PvP based on low level areas.

(Elementalist op hitting me for 9k when I have 11k in 50-54 bracket)
    A tempest will kill you with a single arc tick in 50-54 bracket.

Also tempests are one shotting people in 60 pvp too. Well, not people with 30% defiler links, but you get the idea.

Oh and paragons can one shot people too. Warlords can string 8-10k hits on people for many seconds at a time, paralords are able to burn 32k people in 3-4 seconds. NB will melt you in 3 seconds. Sin could prolly do it in 5 seconds. MM can in 5-6 seconds. Pyros prolly between sin and NB.

There's entirely too much damage flying around, and it ends up eclipsing souls that should be as strong as them, but just aren't, because nothing lives long enough for those souls to compensate.
    Last edited by WhozDat; 01-15-2014 at 02:21 AM.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Shield of Telara

The problem is this, because of these OP or FOTM souls what ever the bracket, it's killing the game. Simple.

You can all sit there and say it's only low level bracket PvP, get to 60 and it's better, all you want. That is a crock of bollocks. If people who enjoy PvP come on Rift and start joining warfronts only to find that these Tempest ( for example ) are stupidly over powered and making things unfun, they will most likely leave after awhile and I honestly believe that is happening.

When I returned not long ago it was Free to Play and there were quite alot of people playing.. And I did notice in warfronts through out the brackets people complaining over and over about certain souls being stupid with 1 shot kills and so on.. It's pathetic really.

I've got all classes and I know exactly how they are with those souls and I refuse to play alot of those souls.. I will not play Tempest because of how stupidly easy and ridiculous it is.. If I wanted to shoot lightning bolts out of my arse like a Scottsman, i'd be a mage. Get rid of that stupid soul.

Same as Pyromancer and Marksman, I will not play those god awfully easy souls.. They are pathetic. They are that damn easy to play and that over the top, I just won't touch them. You people with no skill that want easy god mode can have 'em. Deny it all you want, they are stupid. I laughed my arse off so much when I played MM, that's how easy it was.

As for Clerics, their healing is just wow.. Seriously, in the right hands they are insanely god like, in bad player hands they are still easy and great. They can still be a challenge no doubt but they are damn easy to play. Even their DPS souls.

Meh, the game is just broken now. Really is.

Again, I honestly believe Rift had a massive influx of people starting to play when they went F2P but I believe that majority of them have left, not because of PvE or because of how it looks or plays in general, but because of PvP and the massive unbalanced system that it currently has.

People do not want to play any PvP warfront bracket and be 1 shot killed by stupid and easy soul abilities and all this new burst system **** now, I just roll my eyes at it.

Rift is still fun and I enjoy playing it, but I feel that it's gonna die and just be there for PvE only down the track... The Dev's need to get off their fat lazy arses and actually do what they get paid to do like we do in the real world.

Tempest is only good for 15 sec of every min... Just purge, stun, rift prison, or squirrel the person when wavelength is up.

I do think that tempest mitigation should be toned down a bit, but not the damage.

Rift Disciple

It's op as hell even if you don't "play it properly"

Heck at 60 all you need to do is pop wavelength and kill everybody in sight :P
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

Thread should get stickied until Tempest is nerfed
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

isnt that how you know if its op? mindless mashing of buttons? oh wait thats every class/build in rift. nerf everything!
    Serjackums
    Tis folly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jupiterjijny View Post
    this is work of terrible Trion

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    It's op as hell even if you don't "play it properly"

Heck at 60 all you need to do is pop wavelength and kill everybody in sight :P
    You are an idiot as usual. I thought you were crying how Warlord pull is so OP.

Quote Originally Posted by WhozDat View Post
    Also tempests are one shotting people in 60 pvp too. Well, not people with 30% defiler links, but you get the idea.
    Nope. Name the single attack that will "one-shot" someone in 60 pvp. Doesn't exist.

I normally don't use tempest, but with warrior melee so messed up, esp with all the cross healing, i broke down and tried it a little last night. Don't really like 61 tempest for various reasons, including that wavelength leaves you power drained like crazy and used a temp/para build. I must say it was more relaxing than trying to melee. Much easier to make the healers in back scramble a bit too.

Tempest can hit hard in a short amount of time but it is not a "one-shot" and usually the target survived the burst. Now catch someone down on health, etc. and can be different story but that is not isolated to tempest. As usually, many factors can come into play that are ignored on the forums.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast