+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Healing in warfronts needs to be nerfed a little bit more

Rift Chaser

Default Healing in warfronts needs to be nerfed a little bit more

And then we should not depend on it THAT much.
    What do you think?

I don't like the fact that the number of healers in a party decides the winner.I know it's been nerfed,but it needs a little bit more,so it enters a "gray zone"....you know what i mean ,do you ?uh?
    Last edited by bourbon; 01-14-2014 at 11:10 AM.

Nah, I think Puri and Defiler need a buff. Maybe Sentinel. Chloros? No one cares.

Players need to be buffed in the DPS department. I love the new perspective PvP'ing as a healing cleric. Dude, DPS who know what they are doing are a solid thread to me alone, sometimes without all top gear. But, then sometimes I run around dragging 3 dps behind me for a couple mins.

So I am not sure, is the person who makes me blow CD's faster and can threaten me/kill me solo asking for a heal nerf, or one of the people in the pack of 3 dps who didn't kill me?

It's an honest question that I have to wonder these days. Healing feels very powerful now that I have taken it up, but what I see is that it is more that there are not an abundance of threats to healers. And that lies in there being no abundance of threatening players, not the make-up of soul trees. The soul trees in of themselves can be a nightmare to a healer, they have some very direct counters. The player is the huge disparity and for something like an MMO for balance purposes I look to the highest performers for my baseline. Highest performance = realistic performance of a soul. Nobody is doing any hocus pocus, just playing correctly. I understand that in not all cases would you look towards the peak performance to create a baseline but in the context of an MMO where potential simply lies untapped, I think it serves better to look towards the people who show what a soul can do. And based on that, I would say healing is in no need of any nerfs. Just because people don't execute quality focus fire often doesn't mean it can be thrown off the table as an aspect that makes the big picture okay.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Nerf burst first then nerf healing. Dps vs dps right now is a joke

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Players need to be buffed in the DPS department. I love the new perspective PvP'ing as a healing cleric. Dude, DPS who know what they are doing are a solid thread to me alone, sometimes without all top gear. But, then sometimes I run around dragging 3 dps behind me for a couple mins.

So I am not sure, is the person who makes me blow CD's faster and can threaten me/kill me solo asking for a heal nerf, or one of the people in the pack of 3 dps who didn't kill me?

It's an honest question that I have to wonder these days. Healing feels very powerful now that I have taken it up, but what I see is that it is more that there are not an abundance of threats to healers. And that lies in there being no abundance of threatening players, not the make-up of soul trees. The soul trees in of themselves can be a nightmare to a healer, they have some very direct counters. The player is the huge disparity and for something like an MMO for balance purposes I look to the highest performers for my baseline. Highest performance = realistic performance of a soul. Nobody is doing any hocus pocus, just playing correctly. I understand that in not all cases would you look towards the peak performance to create a baseline but in the context of an MMO where potential simply lies untapped, I think it serves better to look towards the people who show what a soul can do. And based on that, I would say healing is in no need of any nerfs. Just because people don't execute quality focus fire often doesn't mean it can be thrown off the table as an aspect that makes the big picture okay.
    I like it when the good players are on my team and the bad players are on the other team.

I hate it when the bad players are on my team and the good players are on the other team.

I also hate it when both teams are bad but the other team is slightly less bad and my contribution is nullified by sheer numbers.

I think that about sums it up.

"microtransactions done properly is game design done poorly." - Some dude on an internet forum

Can all of you stop complain about healing? Healing is fine. If other team has more healer its not fault of the "heal". healers die quiet easily if: your team focus, cc, mana drain.

Buff chloros.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

@bourbon "Healing in warfronts needs to be nerfed a little bit more"

Or ... maybe someone's DPS is poo-poo ?

99% of the time I play healer in WF and there are some matches I can stand there and laugh when 1 person with mediocre DPS tries to down me and gives up after 10 min other matches it is VERY clear the other team knows how to 1. mark the healer 2. assist / coordinate / communicate 3. they know how to CC.

Many of the matches I played this weekend were pretty chill , had realtively NP keeping people up
    ( Unless they were R-***** that tried to facetank the zerg while out-ranging my heals ) and I had few issues keeping myself safe, in fact there were many matches I had 0 deaths and had to rarely if ever had to heal myself cause the other team obvisously were uncoordinated.
    And then ... after 6-8 easy matches I ran into a few teams were I as almost instantly targeted, Pulled to the enemy teams or 2-3 would charge to me, stunned/Silenced/CC'd ( I was lucky if I could even get 1 heal off prior to dying.) and then *****.

How often does this happen - almost never. It is totally possible to shut healers down and it is actually pretty easy.

BTW this is in the 40s bracket on my 47 Cleric , and yes some aspects of the game are different in endgame PvP but the concept is the same.

Quit QQing that healers are OP , L2P
    Last edited by BIGMOJO; 01-14-2014 at 12:02 PM.
    " Tonight Defiants ! ... I will PVP u ! " Pukk
    " Sometime when Im alone ... I buff myself" Bigmojo

Deepwood -- Ermak LvL 64 Cleric Bigmojo LvL 60 Mage Pukk LvL 60 Rogue Brutikuz LvL 60 Warrior Wildmoon LvL 4x Primalist

Rift Chaser

nop my dps is not poo poo,totally not

Rift Chaser

Nerf kbm in pvp those players on other team haxing the mechanic hint.

I don't think the problem is so much about individual healing souls (although Defiler should probably be nerfed somewhat)...it's crosshealing. You can be demolishing a healer and all of a sudden someone else heals them to full. Even gimpy chloros can actually become dangerous in these scenarios, because they can synth the cleric while the cleric makes up for the chloro's deficiencies in self-healing. Good WF comps can handle this, but you'll rarely see them in pug groups unless you really luck out considering that warfronts basically boil down to whichever side has the least horrible pugs.
    Last edited by Stirby; 01-15-2014 at 12:20 AM.
    Stir@Greybriar
    Stirr@Greybriar
    Stirrr@Greybriar
    Stirrrr@Greybriar
    You have sent too many chat messages.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    Nerf burst first then nerf healing. Dps vs dps right now is a joke
    This is actually the correct way to go.

Oh but keep defiler links the same so one link truly turns you into a god.

Honestly, the issue with healing is less with healing itself.

It's more links which are effectively a 2-3k hp ogcd heal, with another 1-2k damage redirected to a cleric with a shield mitigating part of that 3-4k, with a DoT healing them for what they do take.

However with the newest addition to Rifts PvP scene, the BM/VK, even Defiler has a counter. Whether they want to introduce counters to other classes besides just warrior and to some degree, rogue (Because honestly, rogue needs a 30% link to counter it, so at that point, isn't it somewhat redundant?)

Dom could likely use some buffs in it's ability to shut down other casters, and whether clerics need something to shut down defilers is debatable, considering defilers are a cleric soul to begin with.

I'm much more worried about the state of low numbered pvp where a BM/VK occupies a slot nearly identical to defiler, where one is almost necessary in order to win, if the other team has one as well.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

When there are 3 healers on the opposite team, and you're the only one attacking them cause the rest of your team is busy attacking a tank, ofcourse healing is going to seem OP.

So you think healing should be nerfed because of the stupidity of the DPS players, alright well, what about the DPS who arent stupid? should they just run around destroying healers in a matter of seconds?
    I dont think the game would be very enjoyable as a healer if that was the case.

It is already now possible to burst down healers with MINIMUM amount of coordination on the team.

Whether you like it or not, this IS a l2p issue, not neccesarily on your part, but the rest of your team, i realize this sucks as theres not much you can do about it on your own, other than just hope they'll one day learn, or rage in /rw, but thats how it is.

The most important thing (imo) for taking down healers, is target switching.
    You're making their job REALLY easy if you're just attacking them while they facetank, instead try and figure out another player on your team whos doing respectable dps, and stun the healer, then switch to their target and start bursting.
    If done right the healer wont die, sure, but someone else would, which means theres 1 less target for the morons to tab to, so maybe the next in line is the healer.
    A healer whos busy only healing themselves, is less useful than a tank.

And one a sidenote, enough of this BS about teams depending too much on healers, you need both dps and healers to win, a team full of healers isnt going to be very useful either.
    The issue lies with the idiotic queue system that decides to put 4 healers on 1 team, and 0 on the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Wetigos View Post
    snip
    While I agree to some extent, the issue isn't always boiling down to dps vs healers vs healers vs dps. There exists a metric ton of OP issues within the healing balance itself, that simply are not commonly discussed or talked about.

Healers interaction with warrior's Guard is one, NE, Defiler links are another. Cov is another. Basically any sort of % damage redux cd, heal, etc, is exceptionally powerful, even Sign of Faith/5% damage redux motifs/calls make a large difference, simply because everything else has been nerfed, buffed and changed, except for these mechanics.

It's a large part of the reason why Clerics are so much sturdier as healers. Cov/Links/Various Damage Redux CDs, are, to me, a huge reason why clerics are preferred in a dps meta where the name of the game is burst damage. They have the ability to make their team take less damage, not necessarily always healing it.

The strength of these CDs and mechanics is what eventually spawned the birth of the Purge meta we're in, as purging is the only way to counter these mechanics, however purges harm DPS much more then the healers using them, therefore healing exists in a stronger state then dps, due to the duality of the mechanic.

As we see the death of the active "Purge" meta, mostly with the partial death of MM as a competitive ranged-utility spec, these mechanics need to be relooked or purge-utility specs need to be re balanced and redistributed with these mechanics in mind.
    Last edited by WhozDat; 01-15-2014 at 02:12 AM.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Find it funny when you have to deal with a team containing three healers. No wonder running a premade is such a wonderful choice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast