+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Nazjin
  • 2 Post By The Thondrin
  • 1 Post By azabar

Thread: 5 vs 5 Tournament?

Rift Disciple

Default 5 vs 5 Tournament?

Heya folks, I know the vibe is generally negative around these parts but since everyone is just waiting around bored for the next pvp savior but I think possibly we should think about arranging a 5 vs 5 tournament.

Since 5 vs 5 has no game related rewards or carrots I guess we should make our own as well. Maybe a buy in to enter the tournament (sort of like how some sporting tournaments are) that goes toward the pot for the winner or top 3 teams?

Does this sound feasible or is there already a "Miami Heat" like team that makes any tournament irrelevant?

If not I guess a forum pvp tournament might work as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazjin View Post
    Does this sound feasible or is there already a "Miami Heat" like team that makes any tournament irrelevant?

There are very few organized groups out there that you could write off as a "team". I'd love to play with one but, the players into said teams aren't there, the activity doesn't seem to happen. I'm back to hanging in my solo guild because it's pretty much the same as being in any guild if you don't PvE.

I'd say thats the only problem. Even when tournaments happened, lots of people scrambled to pick teams. There just isn't a pool of teams ready to hit some brackets. Simple as that.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Nazjin View Post
    Heya folks, I know the vibe is generally negative around these parts but since everyone is just waiting around bored for the next pvp savior but I think possibly we should think about arranging a 5 vs 5 tournament.

Since 5 vs 5 has no game related rewards or carrots I guess we should make our own as well. Maybe a buy in to enter the tournament (sort of like how some sporting tournaments are) that goes toward the pot for the winner or top 3 teams?

I'll talk to some old FoTM players. Zoar may be interested.
    Dogkin@seastone<the cult> - RIP <wipe>
    Dogkin@vigil <Dawn of Terror>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    Women in pvp are a rare breed compared to your average soccer mom grinding mats for her children.

Ill be there, support, and, promote it.

Just pick a day and time. I woulc rather not have an enter fee and just find some whales to help put a pot together. If you need to contact me you can pm me for my email.

Maybe daglar might pop in and say hi with goodies. You never know, he likes this community stuff.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Keota View Post
    Ill be there, support, and, promote it.

Just pick a day and time. I woulc rather not have an enter fee and just find some whales to help put a pot together. If you need to contact me you can pm me for my email.

Maybe daglar might pop in and say hi with goodies. You never know, he likes this community stuff.
    Thank god there's no fee. I'm piss poor right now. (32p)
    Women in pvp are a rare breed compared to your average soccer mom grinding mats for her children.

Rift Disciple

Is there a tournament format you all think people would prefer? As in specific rule sets regarding class compilations such as 1 of each class plus one wildcard? One and done matches or best of how many?

Also it probably would be good to have a sort of "preseason" so people could get warmed up.

If this could get some legs I wouldn't mind putting up a rex or 2 as a prize just for some added spice. What would be funny is if we could get multiple seasons done and them some pvpers could actually have in their signatures what season they won just like how the raiders have PBB 2/4 on their sigs.

There are a few options as to see what the interest would be.

first off I would suggest picking a time and date, then create a thread looking teams. Players should be able to just say "i have a team" and count that as 5 players. Since people come and go often before they get to actually compete.

I would also suggest while posting said thread to enclose the reward (minimum) for a good turn out.

I don't think its a great idea to lock in roles with a wild card as it might get confusing or deter players who favor certain specs from playing.

The COOL thing is that 5v5s right now are fully bolstered which means runes and PA are the largest difference in stats so they will be more balance then ever when it comes to gear. However I have no idea how to utilize them for an event other then simply queuing for them and hoping there isn't an extra 5 man out there somewhere.

also It would require maybe screenshot uploads to accurately tally win/loss since now the que wont allow spectators.

or we can just do it old school and use the pug que.

the good thing is this thread can be used to generate ideas for a finalized event plan.

if interest generates Ill also throw in something from the cash shop for 5. I still have more then enough credits since I last stopped playing.

I'm sure I can get some end game raiders involved with a bit of smack talking and epeen threatening.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Keota View Post
    There are a few options as to see what the interest would be.

first off I would suggest picking a time and date, then create a thread looking teams. Players should be able to just say "i have a team" and count that as 5 players. Since people come and go often before they get to actually compete.

I would also suggest while posting said thread to enclose the reward (minimum) for a good turn out.

I don't think its a great idea to lock in roles with a wild card as it might get confusing or deter players who favor certain specs from playing.

The COOL thing is that 5v5s right now are fully bolstered which means runes and PA are the largest difference in stats so they will be more balance then ever when it comes to gear. However I have no idea how to utilize them for an event other then simply queuing for them and hoping there isn't an extra 5 man out there somewhere.

also It would require maybe screenshot uploads to accurately tally win/loss since now the que wont allow spectators.

or we can just do it old school and use the pug que.

the good thing is this thread can be used to generate ideas for a finalized event plan.

if interest generates Ill also throw in something from the cash shop for 5. I still have more then enough credits since I last stopped playing.

I'm sure I can get some end game raiders involved with a bit of smack talking and epeen threatening.
    bring saia back, we need more saia

How much would it cost to get Conan O'Brien to do the commentary?
    Thondrin - W̶o̶l̶f̶s̶b̶a̶n̶e̶ Derpwood - Warrior - Doing it wrong since 2011 - I melee in CQ

Ill bring a group if someone gets something rolling
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Default .....

haven't seen one of these threads in awhile.

lol

I'm so down for this idea except for the fact I have no team ;p. With that said if anyone wants/needs a rogue on their team give me a tell ;).

Rift Youtube Channel Rogue/Warrior PvP Guides/WFs - http://www.youtube.com/user/VirralzRiftPVP
    Virral@Seastone Guild - HOT SAUCED
    Virrallol@Seastone Guild - HOT SAUCED
    Virralqt@Seastone Guild - HOT SAUCED

+ Reply to Thread