+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Devs can someone fix assassin stuns/snares and oh ya PvP

Telaran

Default Devs can someone fix assassin stuns/snares and oh ya PvP

so i wanted to write this because i think there is an issue thats gone unresolved for to long...its funny how every other classes stuns work nice and fine but ours...not so much...ill get right to it....

the stuns of the assassin.....

Blinding Powder - after testing this out in combat...i found that this is utterly useless except for an interupt. It says it confuses enemy for X secs or until damaged... so u get jumped, slip is down u cast blinding powder to escape...but it doesnt work becuase your bleeds and poisons on the other person cancels out the affect... ingenious.

Paralyzing strike - Again...garbage...this skill says it does X amount of damage plus a snare... true to a point...the snare wors occasionally for all of .5 of a second and does 0 damage to the victim. awesome skill to open with. :/

Poison Gas - while this is sometimes good in crowds who dont have break free up, this as well cancels out to damage or it sure seems that way cause it never confuses for any lenght of time :/

Foul play - Probably the one stun that actually works the way it was intended to :/

on a side note....

Assassinate - figure this would be the mack daddy of the assassin skill tree....does very little damage to the victim...another awesome skill to have :/

now before all you mages and wars go complaining about how op us rogues are... at least your skills work as advertised and im happy you all got buffed a bit makes for a fair nice fight so dont go ranting on this post bout op classes. However, im getting very tired of the skills listed above not working all the while a mage can confuse me like a moron for 10 seconds as i walk around clueless...or transform me into a squirrel every 5 seconds and then be beaten to death while its supposed to cancel once damage is done....but dont... now im not ranting here fellas but it would be nice if the skills actually worked the way they are supposed to... come on devs ...instead of updating the rift store vanity items how bout fix the ingame problems first ya?

Also you guys need to get ur stuff together and fix up pvp a bit my god its a disaster. they wonder why we give no respect ? cause well no respect is givn to us...i mean look at it all.. 5v5 who fell asleep on the desk and dreamt that up? we can do that anywhere in the server...dont even get a reward for it.... cq has been "broken" for a while now...guess that was intentional.... i've been here since the beginning... its sad to see what this has sunk to... was much better when scott overlooked it all instead of handing it off to the new care bear dream team who is biased to PVE and scripted adventures in a cave over and over again :/ i give rift a few more months until AA is released or some other game and then they notice that the income they were getting from their once pvp base has all dried up...i hope iot bites them in the rear for being so ignorant towards the pvp player base...keep in mind we supported u once...maybe we will stand by and see its downfall as well... insulting to us bunch who has put so much effort into the game and supported u all these years... but meh who cares right? long as the care bears on the pve servers are paying for gear for their scripted fun who really cares :/ and they wonder why they dont get respect in this forum :/

Quote Originally Posted by Niteowl View Post
    long:/
    Do you ever used poison gas when other assassin vanished next to you? its hilarious XD

we don't need sanre lol we have the most op and broken passive stuff in game atm. debilating poison.

Plane Walker

Lol, rouge, whining.. G T F O
    Last edited by Drakedog; 01-14-2014 at 05:00 AM.

@OP

assassins do not have stuns. you are confusing yourself by thinking of any assassin CC ability as a stun.

assassins have what are generally referred to as a mez - short for mesmerize.
    they are similar to a stun, but with noticeable differences. they generally have a longer duration than a stun, but this is balanced by them breaking on damage.

I understand as a rogue player you would prefer them to be a stun so that your victims can never fight back. but it is only fair that your targets have a fighting chance. not just a fighting chance to survive, but also to kill you before you kill them. your stealth already gives you the guarantee of first strike, allowing you to stun lock an opponent would be broken and imbalanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    @OP

assassins do not have stuns. you are confusing yourself by thinking of any assassin CC ability as a stun.
    Aside from the fact they have 2 stuns.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

yeah well even with all that they don't even have to face their targets now! (slight exaggeration but sadly not much)

Telaran

nice replys fellas but the point i was trying to make in hopes of getting mature responses, seems trolls are everywhere :/ is that alot of the stuff in assassin doesnt work properly... paralyzing strike being one of them.... that does no damage what so ever, ah well i made my case anyhow dont bother replying if you have nothing but 12 yr old attitude u aint gettin a rise from me lol... i know rogue is pretty op im not denying that, just pointing out that things dont work as advertised.

just mages can spam squirrel every 5 - 10 seconds and let their buddies or themselves mash on ya and it doesnt take the effect away... das all im pointing out here..dont bother trollin me lol i wont bother wasting my time or yours. tryin t have a mature discussion and if u cant handle that then dont speak at all.
    Last edited by Niteowl; 01-14-2014 at 07:45 AM.

nice replys fellas but the point i was trying to make in hopes of getting mature responses, seems trolls are everywhere :/ is that alot of the stuff in assassin doesnt work properly... paralyzing strike being one of them.... that does no damage what so ever, ah well i made my case anyhow dont bother replying if you have nothing but 12 yr old attitude u aint gettin a rise from me lol... i know rogue is pretty op im not denying that, just pointing out that things dont work as advertised.

just mages can spam squirrel every 5 - 10 seconds and let their buddies or themselves mash on ya and it doesnt take the effect away... das all im pointing out here..dont bother trollin me lol i wont bother wasting my time or yours. tryin t have a mature discussion and if u cant handle that then dont speak at all.
    Looking for mature responses while making sweeping generalizations in cutsie ghettospeak?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Telaran

now why did u reply to this again? what possible contribution have u made ? serisouly :/ lol apparently its impossible to have a serisous mature convo on here what was i thinking...foolish me....trolls trolls every where u go

so i wanted to write this because i think there is an issue thats gone unresolved for to long...its funny how every other classes stuns work nice and fine but ours...not so much...ill get right to it....

....snip
    I thought the other post I saw today, whining about not being able CC immune people, was the funniest post I'd see today, but this one definitely out does it. I think it has to do with the length of the dumb. Anyway, I hate that I have to re-use the same gif, but seriously... my sides!
    robbinthehoodz@Greybriar

I agree with most part of what you say , the abilites you listed are just for show ..
    as rogue those abilites should be our main stealth damege with effective stuns/mes
    take assassinate for example , it takes the name of the soul so it has to be a very major burst damege ability "Assassin do Assassinate" .. now i know assassin is cool the way it is now BUT "Stealth" abilites are a joke atm (only Savage strike isnt) .

as for Rift PvP and Trion i agree 100% , we supported the game since release and we should get some in return at least , and we dont ask for much , just give us new things and improvment as the PvE side gets , and im not saying updates like "Domination : Codex" cause we already have enogh Dominations so far , just think of us PvPers as equal as other PvErs thats all ....
    I keel Em Too Fast !

If your using blinding powder to cc a target you have bleeds on then the issue is you and not the ability. Please think before you post nonsense on the forums.
    Marrow of Seastone (Cleric-Main)
    Kelebra of Seastone (Mage-Alt)
    Remorse of Seastone (Warrior-Alt)
    Nine of Seastone (Rogue-Alt)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kelebra View Post
    If your using blinding powder to cc a target you have bleeds on then the issue is you and not the ability. Please think before you post nonsense on the forums.
    boy the trolls are out today arent they lol... im just pointing out certain things bout certain skills we have and all you can do is come on here with your trolling....if u dont got nothing good to say or contribute then ****... all i wanted to do was discuss a few things bout the abilities that dont make alot of sense and are a little messed up now if this is to much for you kindly see your way out ... bloody trolls .... dont take much to set em off does it ... jus tmonitor the forums for things to flame...

All im saying is that our CC and stuns and even some abilities hardly work..like parlyzing strike that does no damage despite its description.... assinate that supposedly ignores armor and does good damage but hardly does anything get my drift?

boy the trolls are out today arent they lol... im just pointing out certain things bout certain skills we have and all you can do is come on here with your trolling....if u dont got nothing good to say or contribute then ****... all i wanted to do was discuss a few things bout the abilities that dont make alot of sense and are a little messed up now if this is to much for you kindly see your way out ... bloody trolls .... dont take much to set em off does it ... jus tmonitor the forums for things to flame...

All im saying is that our CC and stuns and even some abilities hardly work..like parlyzing strike that does no damage despite its description.... assinate that supposedly ignores armor and does good damage but hardly does anything get my drift?
    It's the very idea that you would come to the PvP forums to complain about class abilities that is silly. Let alone the idea that your going to get anyone to have a meaningful conversation with you. Everyone who sits in these forums are long past jaded and most would rather troll you than help you. Perhaps you haven't been around long enough to realize this but its more or less the reality. You will be far better off taking this topic to the rogue forums.

With regards to CC, paralyzing strike doesn't need to do damage, your opening with a stun (you should be opening with your bleed however), I'm not sure if anyone even uses assassinate and it wouldn't surprise me if Trion hasn't looked at this ability since SL launched (you should be opening with your bleed anyways), foul play of course is your stun, use it sparingly to get a kill, blinding powder should be used as an escape mechanic/interupt/or to cc a 2nd playing getting into your 1v1. The fact that several of your cc's break on damage is something you will need to learn to play around, everyone else has.

Don't know what else your really after, currently people view assassin as OP and the idea of buffing their CC is not going to get your very far.
    Marrow of Seastone (Cleric-Main)
    Kelebra of Seastone (Mage-Alt)
    Remorse of Seastone (Warrior-Alt)
    Nine of Seastone (Rogue-Alt)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast