+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Warriors are at least 150% better than anything else in pvp

Soulwalker

Default Warriors are at least 150% better than anything else in pvp

Why am I writing this post? Because I just concluded an conversation with a war after he kicked the crap out of our whole team. He said that hes thinking about quitting Rift because... and get this... HES TOO POWERFUL AND HES BORED IN WFS ROFL.... I have a p90 fully geared cleric, whom I play as Inquisitor (with high success) and Purifier (with slightly less success but better than 80% of healers out there). So why have I worked tirelessly to perfect a class when it is absolutely (and im not going to sugar coat anything here) a pile of crap compared with a warrior with even half a brain. I mean you could have a severe mental handicap and do better with a war than a skilled player can do with a mage, rogue or cleric dps. So why is Trion who obviously knows about this injustice (and knows that at least half of their players pvp) not addressing this situation at all? Cant they hotfix this in mere weeks? Please someone wake me up from this nightmare. I used to enjoy the pvp...

150%, not like 153.4% but a spot on 150%. I smell biased numbers being reported.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Plane Walker

I do agree that warriors (who know what they're doing) are considerably OP than most other classes (again, versus people that know what they're doing.) I've been in warfronts where 5+ people will go up against a warrior and 3 will die before he does ...and that's not 5 newbs either.... (Although, to be fair, if it was the PERFECT 5-person group it wouldn't be that skewed...but, yea, in most warfronts you don't have that perfect 5 with you at x location.)

Anyway, the hysterical part of this is that I don't think the folks balancing classes ever come to this forum. So, they're really just listening to the warriors...and, of course they're telling them that warriors are still under-powered, etc.

Rift Chaser

I am 50% better than all of you and 20% less scared of warriors than anyone on these forums.

#yoloswagilicious

"microtransactions done properly is game design done poorly." - Some dude on an internet forum

Shield of Telara

Warriors are balanced the opposite of clerics. You need something to take down a defiler with cross heals... That'd be a warrior with pockets.
    Or a nb.
    Or a shaman.
    Or a dominator.

OK wait what was my point again?
    Ezuen@Faeblight<Godlike Awesomeness> lvl 65 p100 warrior
    aka "The Healing Warrior" (before it was cool)

Quote Originally Posted by oddiescell View Post
    Warriors are balanced the opposite of clerics. You need something to take down a defiler with cross heals... That'd be a warrior with pockets.
    Or a nb.
    Or a shaman.
    Or a dominator.

OK wait what was my point again?
    I don't think a competent defiler would ever even care about a NB or a shaman. Warriors with bursts every 15s and doms are the only two things you listed that scare my defiler. Uglys a pretty hard counter to 60s cd bursts.

An assassin with a 30% link also features high up there. Nothing like chewing through an ugly with PM.

Also a BM/VK scares the day-lights out of any competent healer in a warfront, because it can shut down a defiler, better then even a dom can.
    Last edited by WhozDat; 01-13-2014 at 10:47 PM.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

The only hard counter you need against a NB is simply to exist and you are inherently better than it, as it is the worst.

If there is a dev watching, please ignore and buff warriors instead! Warlord specifically.
    Thondrin - W̶o̶l̶f̶s̶b̶a̶n̶e̶ Derpwood - Warrior - Doing it wrong since 2011 - I melee in CQ

Yes. We should definitely buff warriors and then give them a separate warfront queue.

Warrior vs Warrior

Imagine the epic bug zap 3D surround sound
    Last edited by Jeffreys; 01-13-2014 at 11:23 PM.
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

Rift Disciple

A Cleric QQing about a Warrior. Typical.

Warrior is the most underpowered class right now while Cleric and Mage are the most overpowered. If you can't beat a Warrior as a Mage/Cleric, the problem is not the class, it's you. You need to get better at your class and learn how to kill underpowered classes.

Here's a typical Mage/Cleric :

''hurr durr plz i cant kill him so op plz nerf or i quit and end my sub''

Rift Disciple

Everyone agreed to the fact that Warriors have to be buffed instead.

Rift Disciple

Ascendant

My cleric is (just teached) p90 and my warrior r87.

I can kill 90% of healers solo, but the ones that know what they are doing i cannot as para/wl, para/temp, temp, or wl. I can surely pressure those 10% however.

As a cleric mainly sent i can ignore ~ 80% of most warriors. Around 10% i have to heal myself while healing others and around 10% make me fully focus myself. I also havent died to a solo warrior-it takes one more dps to kill me at minimum vs that calling.

Nb and sin will eventually mana drain me = more worry then a warrior.

Shaman is similar to para temp in that if you dont pay attention you will suddenly be dead. Again if paying attention no i wont die to just a shaman. Deadly for sure though.

A good dom will shut down my output ~30-40%, but thats about it. Still, limiting a main healer by that much or assisting dps is the best way to kill a cleric fast. So very effective when twinned with a dps.

A good MM will severely gimp my cleric as well. Wont solo kill me though.

Warrior needs burst tweaking imo. They arent any more OP then certain souls in other callings. Then again defiler links need nerfed for starters if we want to start tweaking burst down. Trion hasnt balanced anything and continues to ignore the pvp community so the best advice is tske things with a grain of salt and learn how best to counter said souls with what you got.

Countering is a lot about smarts and knowledge. A lot of builds currently do x more damage right off the bat on players so when a sin, for example opens up on you fear/stun/mage cage/port/pushback/ hit your damage mitigation utility because hes doing a lot more damage for x amount of seconds coming out of stealth. If im on my inq first thing i hit is aoe fear into a purge. These tactics make the difference from being totally destroyed or giving them a good, close fight. This was all just an example.

If a dom squirrels you, casts a few spells, and you finally get out depending what im playing i actually just run away around a corner for a few seconds before returning. On my warrior that dom wont kill me; ill kill myself being energy starved and dying to trait influence and mass exhaustion. 15 seconds later when im coming back at them they die quite easily. Just another example of playing smart and knowing your enemy. Almost all souls at least have some tactics you can use against them.

Most warrior souls have little utility and 1 break free. This is their weakness. Exploit it. Last, some souls are just good counters against others. Just gotta do your best against innately tougher souls. Good luck.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 01-14-2014 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Nb and sin will eventually mana drain me = more worry then a warrior.
    I've yet to run into a real issue with draining by a NB. Sure, it'll take a chunk out of your mana, which can be problematic when trying to upkeep a 15 man warfront by yourself, but losing 30% or so of your mana every 60s isn't exactly horrific.

I simply find if I have a good insta CD, fullness, cov, HB+TTL CI, NBs aren't any different then warlords.

Now one or two nbs/sins mixed can get hairy.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

NB cant kill healers. Buff NB damage and mana drain.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast