+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: PvP Features to look forward to in the coming expansion.

Ascendant

Default PvP Features to look forward to in the coming expansion.

A New CQ Map -
    The Devs have been striving hard to convert another PvE map into a PvE/PvP battle ground. Rumor has it that 51% of the population will now be rendered simultaneously and people with a godly PC will be able to enjoy a solid frame rate of 4 FPS. Trion have managed to pack everyone into a smaller area while drastically improving performance. The popular CQ power mechanic will be returning, but with a new cap of 500,000 points and accelerated CQ power decay!!!!

PvP Dimensions -
    Put your creativity to the test and create your very own arena for 1v1 dueling.

A New Warfront -
    Scion has been scaled down to produce a new and exciting WF called Bridge Wars. The spawn points have been relocated to either end of the bridge and two zergs will compete over the flag in the center. Just what you have all been looking for!

Four new Souls -
    The new souls have been tested extensively in a PvP environment by our four testers. They even considered queuing into a Warfront to test them, but who has the time for that? Prepare for the most balanced iteration of Rift to date with absolutely no surprises upon release.

Hybridization -
    Each calling will have up to one viable hybrid, thought most of these will only function well in a PvE environment.

PvP Balance -
    Defilers and extremely bursty souls have been the central point around which the PvP meta has been decided. We have even decided to give every soul a 30% link and the burst potential to penetrate an opposing players 30% link!

Zergs Zergs Zergs -
    Zergy zerg zerg zerg.

Thanks, Daglar!!! The back burner sure has been busy.

I can't wait to zerg.

Leaked PvP of tempest. Now they just use shockpulse 100%

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57-AkU5ndAc
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I'd go more with:

PvP Dimensions -
    Put your creativity to the test because we don't have any where PvP is concerned.
    Even free cost too much now

I'm bbbbbbboooooooorrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeedddddddddd
    Last edited by spaceboots; 01-13-2014 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post

Four new Souls -
    The new souls have been tested extensively in a PvP environment by our four testers. They even considered queuing into a Warfront to test them, but who has the time for that? Prepare for the most balanced iteration of Rift to date with absolutely no surprises upon release.
    ...most balanced iteration of Rift to date with absolutely no surprises upon release.

@Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

I would actually enjoy a Bridge Wars scenario.

There will never be PVP dimensions and I understand why. No one is gonna use them; there's not enough interest. It's Trion's fault for driving the PVP community into a ditch through neglect and indifference, but the end result is that there's simply no reason for them to invest any time into PVP dimensions. This community is on life support...Trion is just keeping PVP on the ventilator at this point, too hesitant to do what it would take to get it back on its feet, but unable to simply pull the plug because people expect SOME form of PVP in their MMO.
    Stir@Greybriar
    Stirr@Greybriar
    Stirrr@Greybriar
    Stirrrr@Greybriar
    You have sent too many chat messages.

You know what would be awesome? CQ with none of the CQ ****. Get cq power ONLY for kills. Instead of objectives, have several (like 5) points that provide buffs if you hold it to centralize the pvp around certain areas so you're not wandering around a big map aimlessly.

Boom, open world pvp.

You forgot to include:

More warrior buffs
    More NB buffs
    More "Visual optimizations" that would only serve to render certain segments of the population unable to play
    And a Duck.
    Last edited by WhozDat; 01-13-2014 at 09:54 PM.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

NB in its current form is completely unplayable. The fact that it has remained so for so long is ****ing hilarious to me. Just more proof trion doesn't care about rogues.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by charliekelly View Post
    You know what would be awesome? CQ with none of the CQ ****. Get cq power ONLY for kills. Instead of objectives, have several (like 5) points that provide buffs if you hold it to centralize the pvp around certain areas so you're not wandering around a big map aimlessly.

Boom, open world pvp.
    Get your guild interested in PvP and I will give you some rogue tips.

Addiction's interest in PvP = PvP attention.

Get your guild interested in PvP and I will give you some rogue tips.

Addiction's interest in PvP = PvP attention.
    Addiction? Don't even get me started on those guys with their pocket GM's, racists, dragon hunting, wannabe pvp allstars with their PvP Features to look forward to in the coming expansion.-z52cdf3471e88a.gif

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by charliekelly View Post
    Addiction? Don't even get me started on those guys with their pocket GM's, racists, dragon hunting, wannabe pvp allstars with their Attachment 16572
    My tempest wouldn't even need buffs if I had your PvE trinket and pocket heals.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    I'm bbbbbbboooooooorrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeddddddddddbuffwar riorsddddddddd
    I agree. /10char

"microtransactions done properly is game design done poorly." - Some dude on an internet forum

My tempest wouldn't even need buffs if I had your PvE trinket and pocket heals.
    I have to pvp in cargo pants to carry all the pocket heals i queue with. I don't pvp without being fully raid buffed either. Drop banners, eat a feast, get that bard and archon action, the whole works. Doesn't seem to work though since LITERALLY everyone has killed me and I have never killed anyone in the history of rift. To top it all off, apparently I'm a racist and I shouldn't even pvp because Addiction raids. These are all completely sane, completely logical arguments as to why everybody thinks I'm just the worst. Just the other day I was reading the forums about how bad I am and how angry I get, which really pissed me off. That's when I tabbed back into game to see someone who I thought I killed whispering me hate tells about how absolutely ****ing terrible I am and how I wouldn't kill anyone without pocket heals. I went to complain to my pocket healer at the time but had some difficulties because party chat wasn't working for some reason since I wasn't in a party. This made me spew off a string of racial slurs that would make even a *** grand wizard blush, which to my dismay really offended my girlfriend luxie chan. She was about to walk out on me til she caught the glimmer of my OP PVE TRINKET which reminded her of why she was with me to begin with. My trinket.

And that is why NB needs a buff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast