+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Possible fix for pvp..

Default Possible fix for pvp..

I'm just stating an idea here, but earlier today I was in a wf fighting, and I was dealing out tons of damage as usual, when a group of 4 clerics walked up and stood in the middle of Library healing. I could cc one, dps another pretty good, even with our entire team (granted it's pugs so you don't know who's doing what really) we could not even kill one of them.

Healers ALONE are not really that OP in pvp but in pairs and groups it just isn't fair.

for example

1v1 (healer vs dps) either could win
    2v2 would be difficult but possible, if both dps worked together with stuns/interupts
    but 3v3? Lol good luck with that,

never mind more healers than that.

Point is they can become impossible to kill when they are grouped.

So here's my suggestion, add a stacking debuff to healers when in proximity to another healer (the game auto changes your icon when you change spec's so I'm sure it already can detect what type of build your using)

this way, healers alone won't be affected. they can still carry on doing that voodoo they do so well, however that line goes. yet it will end these /facepalm matches where you can have (i don't know what a high number at lvl cap would be.. but yah a really high damage) and 0 kills because the other team was just immune to death.

Soulwalker

I just don't ****ing get it. What's with the obsession to kill healing in rift?

Cross healing looks OP thanks to bad dps running around and other people not playing souls to counter healing.

People complain about cc abilities but then don't themselves use them where they are most beneficial. I don't care if they're being x-healed or not, cc shuts them down for awhile anyway and weakens the x-heal chain, and then they aren't doing their job. L2CC and interrupt, almost every build can. Even Rift Prison can serve a purpose. I love to cc, it's my niche as Harbinger. And people know it, all the damage to my cc'd target isn't of my own (by far) but it's because people are targeting my target and group burning them down while the cc exists. I don't get the kills on the board, with cc I help others get them. And friggin' protect your own healers! If they go down your team goes down. Tactics win wars. Be observant, be dynamic.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kerepla View Post

Cross healing looks OP thanks to bad dps running around and other people not playing souls to counter healing.
    Dps is just too weak compared to how strong healing is. Go try some other MMO like Lineage 2 where dagger classes can one shot healers with just one critical backstab.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    Dps is just too weak compared to how strong healing is. Go try some other MMO like Lineage 2 where dagger classes can one shot healers with just one critical backstab.
    So, basically you want rogues to get buffed so they can 1-shot everyone with a backstab?

Champion of Telara

this.

I had a match lastnight ( I play a cleric healer fyi), and the opposing team was doing SOMETHING right. Amidst all the silences, it seemed like every time i tried to put down a heal with a cast time, i got interrupted. Spent literally 3 out of 5 seconds silenced or stunned, the ENTIRE WARFRONT. Yes, I know I got marked, but the other team had a damn amazing CC assist train or something. Literally NEVER been shut down that badly before.

It caused many of my team to die. It probably would've been more beneficial for me to just die and be able to hide better; I ended up just watching people die around me cuz I couldn't cast ****.

Too many crappy people just worrying about big DPS numbers. Plenty of CC oriented specs that turn even a p90 healer into a target dummy; you don't have to kill them to make them ineffective.

and if healing gets nerfed, the out of control dps needs a nerf. So many times I have a mate down to 20-25%, cast fullness, and before I can cast cov or a TTL'ed crucial, they're dead before my GCD refreshes.
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Fatum11 View Post
    Healers ALONE are not really that OP in pvp but in pairs and groups it just isn't fair.

for example

1v1 (healer vs dps) either could win
    2v2 would be difficult but possible, if both dps worked together with stuns/interupts
    but 3v3? Lol good luck with that.
    How is a healer going to "win" against anyone? Water Jet his @ss to death and maybe rotate with some auto attacks?

There is a huge difference between "winning" and staying alive. But somehow people seem to forget this when facing healers.

I find it strange because they would never say that a dps or a tank "won" if he popped sprint, shield and self heal, than rushed all the way back to his friends like a scared baby kitten.

He would be declared a major sissie and a looser.

But when I do this as a healer I'm "winning", as it turns out. I can win a 1v1 by self-healing and jamming down auto run. Wonder if I win by logging of to?

Anyway, I very much doubt anyone would win in those fights you just described. The healers can't kill anyone. The dps can't kill anyone.

Just logically here, if your claim was true, than ranked Black Garden would be 5 healers v.s 5 healers. Because apparently that means auto win in PvP.

I has a fix, go back to 1.7

Done

The issue is quite prevelently showable. Most people don't want to play classes who counter healers, the soul exception being rogues, because they have that built into their good dps souls. Go look at warriors, for example, right now.

They have a spec that can cripple several healers, at the same time. Just don't ask them to use it.

It doesn't look good on the scoreboards.

Too much emphasis is put on pressuring healers with pure dps specs, not enough put on creating classes such as Dominator and the recently made BM/VK hybrid, which are able to utterly neuter both dps and healing classes, somewhat equally.

And then there's defiler.
    Last edited by WhozDat; 01-13-2014 at 07:49 PM.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

bad healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Elino View Post
    How is a healer going to "win" against anyone? Water Jet his @ss to death and maybe rotate with some auto attacks?
    A good pvp healer can deal enough damage to take down a dps while keeping themselves up... if played right.

As usual people are trying to turn this into an argument. No I'm just sharing an Idea. It would make WFs a lot more fun, rather then everyone hiding in one place because the healers are grouped up. If your a healer and you don't completely suck there is no reason to object to this idea since you should still be able to do well.

If you need 3-4 other healers around you or you "die all the time" maybe you should reroll.

Healers are fine... it's just the group of friends that run healers, group up, and just /win the BF because no one can kill them as they sit on the goal/s

Ascendant

This is how you win with healers:

1. sign for codex or other capture the flag map
    2. take one of the enemy flags
    3. cast wall of OPness and keep healing yourself
    4. ???
    5. profit!

Now, it doesnt even matter if you CC him, because wall of OPness last several seconds and even 1dmg is enough to stop you from channeling on enemy flag.

so you are there hitting that effing healer being unable to take enemy flag, losing your time while enemy team gain free points. Even if you manage to take him down after ~60-120sec, you simply lose too much time and points.

Ascendant

This is how you win with healers:

1. sign for codex or other capture the flag map
    2. take one of the enemy flags
    3. cast wall of OPness and keep healing yourself
    4. ???
    5. profit!

Now, it doesnt even matter if you CC him, because wall of OPness last several seconds and even 1dmg is enough to stop you from channeling on enemy flag.

so you are there hitting that effing healer being unable to take enemy flag, losing your time while enemy team gain free points. Even if you manage to take him down after ~60-120sec, you simply lose too much time and points.
    Or you could take said flag first and watch as that OP healer tries to waterjet you to death over the course of five minutes and you laugh.

Works both ways-if you have the flag whats he going to do?

Although there is pacify and if you dont have two bf's and they reset and do it twice to you.

Thanks for trying though.more funny then taking a flag next to a flustered dps just staring at you as you type, "hey...sup."

Not that ive ever done that.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 01-14-2014 at 01:06 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Or you could take said flag first and watch as that OP healer tries to waterjet you to death over the course of five minutes and you laugh.

Works both ways-if you have the flag whats he going to do?

Although there is pacify and if you dont have two bf's and they reset and do it twice to you.

Thanks for trying though.more funny then taking a flag next to a flustered dps just staring at you as you type, "hey...sup."

Not that ive ever done that.
    Even if you take the flag first you wont hold it long enough due to lack of sustain healing. That's one of the many reasons why healers are so OP in current PvP meta.

It's not just about taking the flag but also keeping it in your hands long enough AND preventing enemy from being able to take it via big dmging aoe which last for several seconds.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog View Post
    So, basically you want rogues to get buffed so they can 1-shot everyone with a backstab?
    This explains a lot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast