+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CQ major connection lag

Soulwalker

Default CQ major connection lag

Hi guys.

This has probably been gone through countless times, so one more won't hurt ;)

I only play rift to PvP, not interested in PvE. That's my choice and i guess i am, as an adult allowed to decide that for myself.

Need to obtain a large amount of Marks of CQ i have to CQ for the weekleys. Problem is that i have a 4mb connection which is pretty stable but i am playing from SA so i start with latency of 230. During conquest zerg encounters my connection actually times out.
    Normally the lowest latency i get in CQ fights is 7000ms, yes 7 seconds. Youssou N'Dour did make a nice song but 7 seconds in unplayable in Rift. My connection drops and i get booted.

So what are my options?

Wait to get all the Marks via dailys? Please god no, as that will be six months from now.

Will port forwarding help?

Thanks in advance :~)

Shadowlander

I had to turn off alot of my video settings to get rid of lag spikes start with the preset video settings and turning them down further and further until you dont have any lag.

I play from Australia and have a similar starting latency (230).
    this doesn't seem to change too much for me in CQ even during the zergiest three way fights.

*shrug*
    tell your isp to get better hardware?

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by pagink View Post
    I had to turn off alot of my video settings to get rid of lag spikes start with the preset video settings and turning them down further and further until you dont have any lag.
    Latency and PC lag are different things. But thanks for trying

+ Reply to Thread