+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Myrmidon Marks hard cap is 4.8k per week, right?

Default Myrmidon Marks hard cap is 4.8k per week, right?

900 Guns For Hire weekly
    1800 Two CQ Weeklies (win a match & kill 2k enemy, 900MM each)
    2100 Seven warfront dailys @ 300MM each
    -------
    4800 Myrmidon Marks per week

Am I missing any other sources of MM? So, basically the grind is very close to 3.5 months to get all the top tier stuff at this point?
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

at p90 you get 1200 for a weekly, 400 for a daily

there is a hard currency cap that you can reach only by buying charges, but i don't remember what it is. pretty sure it was a bit over 8k though.

edit; you forgot to add 10% patron and 5% guild currency bonuses which brings the total to 7360/wk
    Last edited by ecru; 01-11-2014 at 11:17 PM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Frozen eclipse stones are 4800.

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post

there is a hard currency cap that you can reach only by buying charges, but i don't remember what it is. pretty sure it was a bit over 8k though.

edit; you forgot to add 10% patron and 5% guild currency bonuses which brings the total to 7360/wk
    Thanks for the info, ecru. I thought those were the only sources.

I am Patron, I don't get Patron bonus on Myrmidon marks but I do on Infinity Stones and I do on Myrmidon marks when they have some sort of special bonus event but not otherwise. My guild is ******ed, lol, it's really just a bank for my 6 characters and I've not advanced it so it's not a source of extra MM or anything else for me. I suppose I should buy an extra slot for my own use only and open it up as a PvP guild for older (over 40 years) west coast late night players (10pm to 4am server time is when I play); maybe I will after I finish progressing my mage which is still R82 (almost R83) and has 3 pieces of Myrmidon gear equipped, half way towards the 4th piece now. Not sure anyone would want to join my low ranked guild though since it has no real guild benefits from rank, and I wouldn't want it to be primarily for PvE there's enough of those I think.

Edit: The starred word is not a bad word as used, it means held back. Stupid society, lol.
    Last edited by Taptap; 01-11-2014 at 11:45 PM.
    Specter

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post

Hey ecru, I stand corrected! I made it a point to activate Patron vials and then claim a random warfront daily ... I got the 300 MM as expected and I also got an additional 45 MM. So you are right! I thought it didn't used to be that way, that we didn't get the vial bonus on MM and it stopped after warlord marks. Just my imagination, I guess. That's nice, because I was complaining a while back about why not getting them made me wonder at the usefulness of being a Patron anymore. But now I'll keep it, it's worth it. You just made Trion a few $, lol.
    Specter

I don't know the exact number of weeks but it isn't 3.5 months. My mage hit r90 in early October, my cleric (which I didn't even create until my mage was 90) hit r90 in early December, and both are 100% Myrmidon geared and have been for quite awhile now.

As already stated, you get more marks at r90, and you can help yourself out a bit by saving your diamonds (the treasure window from winning a random WF) when you're about to hit 90. It was something I didn't really think about on my mage, but I was prepared for it on Cleric; you can have 10 diamonds, so I ended up doing 3 random WFs, then waiting a few days, then doing all 7 the day I hit 90 and turning them in for the extra marks. You can do the same thing with weeklies...if you're r88 on a wednesday and determined to hit r90 within the week, don't turn in the weeklies til you hit 90.

Other than buying more WF charges, which I've never done and would never do (seriously Trion??) you can get a substantial number of myrm marks from Greenscale boxes (not really recommended, but they tend to drop a lot of currency and myrm marks are included in that.)
    Last edited by Stirby; 01-13-2014 at 02:16 AM.
    Stir@Greybriar
    Stirr@Greybriar
    Stirrr@Greybriar
    Stirrrr@Greybriar
    You have sent too many chat messages.

@Stirby
    I like your style, getting the biggest bang for the effort. I see you have learned the meaning of value. Yes, I was just guessimating on the conservative side, not including ways to get extra bonuses. It's easy to figure that way. Without bonuses, we can earn 4800 MM per week. Exactly 58500 MM are needed to get all slots Myrmidon. Thus it can take no less (without the bonuses) than 58500/4800 = 12.1875 weeks total, or 13 weeks to get all Myrmidon purchased even if not R90 by then. I'm not R83 but I'm close and I have the 2 most expensive (6k MM each) and one of 7 next most expensive pieces (each at 4.5k MM) equipped now (Chest, Legs & Helmet) and I might get my 4th (Cape) piece equipped barely before turning R83. Then I have 3 pieces to get at 3k MM each. And it's getting cheaper to buy as I'm progressing, so equipping will go faster but the total needed time remains 12 weeks minimum (without bonuses). I could figure it out exactly but oh well, I guess a better estimate with bonuses is around 2.5 months total required time. But at my age, a week goes by pretty fast so I won't notice the difference much haha!
    Last edited by Taptap; 01-13-2014 at 03:33 AM.
    Specter

Better off getting shoulders instead of cape and using the upgraded crystal as much of a small upgrade as it is.

stir can you write a guide on best/fastest/easiest way of obtaining a driving license, ty.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mire View Post
    stir can you write a guide on best/fastest/easiest way of obtaining a driving license, ty.
    When I want a new one I just give them the old out of date one and around 100 bucks. Easy.

Selling one's body also works.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengri View Post
    Better off getting shoulders instead of cape and using the upgraded crystal as much of a small upgrade as it is.
    Ahh, so right you are. For me shoulders makes the 4-set requirement for the xtal. Same price too. Changing equip priority! I should have the 11k IS for the xtal by then too, if I don't mess around and not keep farming them like I should. Thxs!
    Specter

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
    Hey ecru, I stand corrected! I made it a point to activate Patron vials and then claim a random warfront daily ... I got the 300 MM as expected and I also got an additional 45 MM. So you are right! I thought it didn't used to be that way, that we didn't get the vial bonus on MM and it stopped after warlord marks. Just my imagination, I guess. That's nice, because I was complaining a while back about why not getting them made me wonder at the usefulness of being a Patron anymore. But now I'll keep it, it's worth it. You just made Trion a few $, lol.
    uhm, the patron vial doesn't work on myrm marks, the passive 10% does, as does the 5% guild bonus.
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconbits View Post
    uhm, the patron vial doesn't work on myrm marks, the passive 10% does, as does the 5% guild bonus.
    Yeah, vials can't. 40% of 300MM is 120 and I only got 45 extra. 15% of 300 is 45, so I am getting the guild bonus (thought my guild didn't qualify for it but I'm not complaining). The 10% part of it is just for being a Patron, right? Still worth keeping the Patron status, if that's true.
    Specter

Default ****ing Ridiculous

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    On 1/25/2014 5:15 pm [Smugjugs] wrote:

I have been getting 461 Myrmidon Marks per Random Warfront turn in. 10% from patron 5% from guild. I just turned in a WF which was based off a purchased Warfront Charge and while I've been getting the bonsuses for some reason I didn't this time it only said 400. I've read on the forums that there is a hard cap on the amount of Myrmidon Marks you can earn in a week and that that cap is 8700 marks. Is this is a bug that I didn't get the 61 marks or is this some un-stated cap that has no warning?

On 1/25/2014 10:40 pm [Customer Service] wrote:

Hello Smugjugs, Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT. I apologize for the frustration this issue has caused. With the release of update 2.4, we implemented a weekly currency cap for Myrmidon's Marks (8700), and Frozen Eclipse Stone (6460), and Empyreal Slayer's Marks (16000). The information regarding this was included in our 2.4 patch notes found below: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...9-9-13-eu.html It appears you have hit this weekly cap and this is the reason you are no longer gaining the currency. Again I apologize for the confusion and good luck in RIFT. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing RIFT. Your reference number for this ticket is 140125-000917. Sincerely, GM Vorkrim Trion Worlds Inc.

On 1/26/2014 8:32 am [Smugjugs] wrote:

That seems extremely arbitrary and means I wasted my money on Warfront Charges. If you're giong to stick to this ******ed policy there needs to be a warning.

EDIT: So apparently, we're supposed to go back and memorize all prior patch notes. Go **** yourself Trion.
    Last edited by Sleepthief; 01-26-2014 at 06:09 AM.
    Guardians:
    PR90 Smugjugs@Seastone (Briarcliff/Sunrest/Deepstrike/Dayblind)
    50 Unnamed@Seastone (Previously Bellicosa)

38 Scataracts@Seastone

50 Witchtits@Seastone (Defiant pending faction change)

@Sleepthief
    Things are not consistent and it's so hard to find buried up to date information. It's my current tirade lol, how disorganized the forums are.

You know, if you try to put a new rune on something that already has one then you get a warning message that asks if you really want to do that. But you get no warning message if you upgrade and forget to unsocket first! I had actually purchased some unsocketing tools but was really sleepy and about to log right after doing an upgrade and forgot to use it before upgrading. Cost me 380 plat to replace that rune I lost.

And then I got in a winning warfront and received less than 2 plat. Why can't we just auto loot by passing over the body instead of having to click. IMO it should be policy that every single Rift employee must actively play the game for at least 1 hour per work day (and get paid for it). I bet quality and customer satisfaction would skyrocket!
    Specter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast