+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 54
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Introduce Vote Kick into Warfronts - The end of Warden.

  1. #1
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,989

    Default Introduce Vote Kick into Warfronts - The end of Warden.

    3-4 Wardens in a Warfront is too many.

    1 Warden in a Warfront is too many.

    Just let us kick them out of the Warfront.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Valnak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,516

    Default

    I like where this is going.

  3. #3
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    3-4 Wardens in a Warfront is too many.

    1 Warden in a Warfront is too many.

    Just let us kick them out of the Warfront.
    Let's see how your Sentinel handles a bunch of bladedancers, tacts and Storm Torrent from tempest

  4. #4
    Mei
    Mei is offline
    Ascendant Mei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Let's see how your Sentinel handles a bunch of bladedancers, tacts and Storm Torrent from tempest
    Storm Torrent is hardly relevant and Bladedancers get globaled if you look at them funny.

  5. #5
    Ascendant WhozDat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mei View Post
    Storm Torrent is hardly relevant and everything gets globaled if you look at them funny.
    fixed

    /10ch
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

    Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mei View Post
    Storm Torrent is hardly relevant and Bladedancers get globaled if you look at them funny.
    You're obviously missing the point. How does a Sentinel, or hell, even two sentinels attempt to counter constant aoe going out? If your team has mainly ST dps but it's not focused correctly (much more likely scenario) a few Sentinels on the enemy team will easily top everyone off. If their team has mainly AoE dps, it doesn't really need to be focused correctly especially in middle-of-the-map skirmishes like Black Garden or Whitefall can devolve into. If you're running Sentinels you can't counter that aoe, but in Warden you can, pretty easily.

    It would be foolish to begin a match as Warden, but depending on what type of damage is going out you may find it optimal to switch.

    *Normally a chloromancer will cover the aoe damage relatively well while Sentinels play whack-a-mole. If you already have a chloro or two, there's not much reason to play Warden unless your chloros are really bad.
    Last edited by Ahov; 01-10-2014 at 10:34 PM.

  7. #7
    Mei
    Mei is offline
    Ascendant Mei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    You're obviously missing the point. How does a Sentinel, or hell, even two sentinels attempt to counter constant aoe going out?
    There was no strong point to miss. With how pitiful AoE is, it isn't hard to top the team, especially when ST specs are annihilating the morons playing specs like tact and BD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    If your team has mainly ST dps but it's not focused correctly (much more likely scenario) a few Sentinels on the enemy team will easily top everyone off. If their team has mainly AoE dps, it doesn't really need to be focused correctly especially in middle-of-the-map skirmishes like Black Garden or Whitefall can devolve into. If you're running Sentinels you can't counter that aoe, but in Warden you can, pretty easily.
    In a scenario where every single DPS player is reasonably adept/knowledgeable and playing a well-specced AoE spec, they will come out ahead against a team of your standard mouth breathers who decided to play ST. What you aren't considering is that (almost) every skilled DPS is playing a ST spec; players using AoE specs are generally CQ morons or new players.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    It would be foolish to begin a match as Warden, but depending on what type of damage is going out you may find it optimal to switch.
    Rarely

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    *Normally a chloromancer will cover the aoe damage relatively well while Sentinels play whack-a-mole. If you already have a chloro or two, there's not much reason to play Warden unless your chloros are really bad.
    ...and there is usually at least one chloro in a match, if not two to four.
    Last edited by Mei; 01-10-2014 at 10:39 PM.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Rgizil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,161

    Default

    Why are u fighting with ahov? He is clearly trolling

    Which is surprising, I figured he would be harassing girls in game to take their shirts off or get spammed with puri fire

    Thanks for taking time out of ur busy schedule though
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

  9. #9
    General of Telara Dahliablood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    979

    Default

    Only person who harasses girls is Thiuss.
    Awesome game. #1 PvP.

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Let's see how your Sentinel handles a bunch of bladedancers, tacts and Storm Torrent from tempest
    The chloro could just switch veils and AE heal.

    Never mind, I was joking... PvP chloros don't even have Synthesis on their bars.

  11. #11
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post

    Just let us kick them out of the Warfront.
    Can we also kick out people who complain, and in general we just don't like, too?

  12. #12
    Ascendant Valnak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasticuser View Post
    Can we also kick out people who complain, and in general we just don't like, too?
    Sure could. Not that you ever would.

  13. #13
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,989

    Default

    People don't like wardens in general, so why not?

  14. #14
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    The funny part is, is that Bladedancers are actually inherently less squishy than other rogues.

    5% toggle for damage reduction. Up to 20% damage reduction with tempo's up. I think people confuse can die easily with squishy. Because this, like other things, is not opinion. This is math. BD's simply have more mitigation at times than the average rogue spec. Probably only consistently rivaled by assassins with their from stealth temp and they lack the 2m cd save a NB gets. But their heals are about as good as an assassins. MM, Sab, Sin without its temp, 51+ NB, DPS rogue torrent spec...those are all more squishy than a Bladedancer. Don't want to be factual here or anything, continue this helpful discussion.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  15. #15
    Ascendant WhozDat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    The funny part is, is that Bladedancers are actually inherently less squishy than other rogues.

    5% toggle for damage reduction. Up to 20% damage reduction with tempo's up. I think people confuse can die easily with squishy. Because this, like other things, is not opinion. This is math. BD's simply have more mitigation at times than the average rogue spec. Probably only consistently rivaled by assassins with their from stealth temp and they lack the 2m cd save a NB gets. But their heals are about as good as an assassins. MM, Sab, Sin without its temp, 51+ NB, DPS rogue torrent spec...those are all more squishy than a Bladedancer. Don't want to be factual here or anything, continue this helpful discussion.

    Who cares how much mit you have when everything in the game can global you?

    Everything dies instantly in this game unless there's a defiler present.

    Also I'ld be wary on pegging 51+ nb. You can get alot of healing off of the huge spread on fellblades from bursting a cluster of healers. I've gone over 700 hps from fellblades. And also they can pop sidesteps (Both sin and NB) without gutting their dps.
    Last edited by WhozDat; 01-11-2014 at 12:36 AM.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

    Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts