+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Stirby

Thread: I cant be the only one...

Default I cant be the only one...

Who finds it extremely annoying that myrmidon gear forexample, doesnt tricker lower tier synergy crystals.
    This is a huge annoyance for anyone who does both PVE and PVP, as i would have to buy 2 of the same synergy crystals, if i have higher tier pvp or pve gear.

This basically means that upgrading your gear can be a disadvantage, which seems pretty stupid to me.

Default .....

Quote Originally Posted by Wetigos View Post
    Who finds it extremely annoying that myrmidon gear forexample, doesnt tricker lower tier synergy crystals.
    This is a huge annoyance for anyone who does both PVE and PVP, as i would have to buy 2 of the same synergy crystals, if i have higher tier pvp or pve gear.

This basically means that upgrading your gear can be a disadvantage, which seems pretty stupid to me.

I encountered this as well when I switched to pve.i was like wtf why don't my crystals work lol. not a huge deal, farmed the IS in a day to buy all new crystals.

Quote Originally Posted by azabar View Post
    I encountered this as well when I switched to pve.i was like wtf why don't my crystals work lol. not a huge deal, farmed the IS in a day to buy all new crystals.
    Its not about the fact that i cant farm another synergy crystal, its that i shouldnt have to...
    I already have the damn thing, i shouldnt have to get it twice.

Plane Walker

I agree -- this is silly. As stated before, it's not the cost (although the costs can add up quite a bit if you use a lot of different specs) -- but, it's just a hassle. And, it comes across as a punishment for doing both. It also clutters up your inventory.

Cosigned, and it would be nice if once we were done with the t1 crystals we could trade them back for infinity stones or something. My mage has every single t2 and t1 crystal except for elementalist, but I no longer need the t1 crystals for anything. I should just throw them out but it just seems so unfair...11k IS down the drain for each one. Q_Q
    Stir@Greybriar
    Stirr@Greybriar
    Stirrr@Greybriar
    Stirrrr@Greybriar
    You have sent too many chat messages.

i'm not even annoyed with the infinity stone cost, they're so easy to farm it isn't that big of a deal, it's the limited bag slots for three sets of gear (pvp, pve dps and pve tanking in my case) and a million different crystals that bother me. at the very least trion should let us buy bag slots with plat, and i realize that you can just buy rex from someone, but forcing someone to buy credits somewhere along the line to open up enough space in your bags to actually participate in the entire game without constantly going back and forth to your bank is pretty ridiculous.
    Last edited by ecru; 01-10-2014 at 02:36 AM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Stirby View Post
    Cosigned, and it would be nice if once we were done with the t1 crystals we could trade them back for infinity stones or something. My mage has every single t2 and t1 crystal except for elementalist, but I no longer need the t1 crystals for anything. I should just throw them out but it just seems so unfair...11k IS down the drain for each one. Q_Q
    This^, all the cry baby's pitched a fit when their merc gear which costs literally nothing at all and they "farmed forever" for was replaced by freelancer. Same should be done for IS.

Good point, terrible title

I have a set of the t1 dps PvE raid gear, t1 raid tank gear and my Myrmidon gear. I had to buy all the stuff to get Glowing crystals but the Glowing aren't matched with the t1 raid set so I have two sets of every crystal. So, three sets of gear and two sets of crystals taking up space. Then you have weapons, I use Striking and Furious depending on what I am doing. Glad I only need two sets of armor on the mage....
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    I have a set of the t1 dps PvE raid gear, t1 raid tank gear and my Myrmidon gear. I had to buy all the stuff to get Glowing crystals but the Glowing aren't matched with the t1 raid set so I have two sets of every crystal. So, three sets of gear and two sets of crystals taking up space. Then you have weapons, I use Striking and Furious depending on what I am doing. Glad I only need two sets of armor on the mage....
    This is exactly why I haven't spent the time/money to get any pve gear or progress further in pve. I have been wearing 4 pieces of myrm when I pve for the crystals and a number of gear pieces that I'll prolly never wear are in my inventory because putting them on will mean that I no longer get crystal bonuses. Trion has done a very effective job keeping me out of raid content.
    robbinthehoodz@Greybriar

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by robbinthehoodz View Post
    This is exactly why I haven't spent the time/money to get any pve gear or progress further in pve. I have been wearing 4 pieces of myrm when I pve for the crystals and a number of gear pieces that I'll prolly never wear are in my inventory because putting them on will mean that I no longer get crystal bonuses. Trion has done a very effective job keeping me out of raid content.
    I spent 3 weeks gimped while I finished getting my t2 4 peice in raids. It was near the holidays so we weren't trying anything new other than salvarola in GA, where I could use my archon crystal, that I hadn't upgraded because I don't use it in pvp.

If we did anything where I was pyro or harb, I was stuck without the 200/230 spellpower

Quote Originally Posted by robbinthehoodz View Post
    Trion offers a convenient solution, buy extra capacity bags in the cash shop.

Works out well for them, not so much for your wallet though. I figured they would be cheap but they are very expensive imo and I usually don't complain about cash shop stuff. I don't see them fixing it either, it would cost money to fix, then there would be no reason to buy bags. I looked at bags on the broker to see what else was available and it comes down to too much plat so then I would have to buy Rex so its back to square one.

These aren't just minor things, its a pita quality of life thing to have to pass on loot all the time or be constantly zoning to sell stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

[...]These aren't just minor things, its a pita quality of life thing to have to pass on loot all the time or be constantly zoning to sell stuff.
    Just open the store and right-click each item in your bags that you want to vendor. No need to zone and go to a vendor.
    Last edited by Taptap; 01-10-2014 at 01:39 PM.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

Ascendant

Trion offers a convenient solution, buy extra capacity bags in the cash shop.

Works out well for them, not so much for your wallet though. I figured they would be cheap but they are very expensive imo and I usually don't complain about cash shop stuff. I don't see them fixing it either, it would cost money to fix, then there would be no reason to buy bags. I looked at bags on the broker to see what else was available and it comes down to too much plat so then I would have to buy Rex so its back to square one.

These aren't just minor things, its a pita quality of life thing to have to pass on loot all the time or be constantly zoning to sell stuff.
    Every bag slot, every bank slot, all 28 slot bags or higher, still not enough space, and i only use five of the crystals
    Last edited by Caldern; 01-10-2014 at 01:43 PM.

+ Reply to Thread