+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By evelen

Thread: End Game PvP and Gear

Shield of Telara

Default End Game PvP and Gear

Honestly, I don't mind if I get flamed or not and I know it's been said time and time again.

But, can't Trion make the level 60 be designed around prestige rank?

Instead of having rank 90 players in full Myrmidon gear quite easilly bashing on people with Freelancer gear trying to get to their level, it should be split up.

I personally believe there are still quite enough people that queue for warfronts to even the teams out and fill them for both the lower prestige bracket and higher bracket.

This isn't a learn to play issue either and I didn't really wanna bring this thread up but after awhile it's just pointless playing when up against teams of R90 fully geared players whilst you're a fresh level 60 ( which the character im referring to is ) getting Freelancer gear as quick as possible.

I look at and watch certain players, specifically a Warrior whos name I won't name geared in full Myrmidon and his/her play style is completely terrible and it's obvious that the only advantage he has is his gear, not his skill.

You'd only need 2 brackets, 1-69 and 70-90+ that's it and majority of the problems relating to this will be lessened like it was when they split it up at the level 50 times ages ago.

Will never happen though, so dunno why im bothering.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkorian View Post
    I personally believe there are still quite enough people that queue for warfronts to even the teams out and fill them for both the lower prestige bracket and higher bracket.
    you'd be wrong, those games would never fill up. before the new matchmaking system, ranked games were a thing, but they would rarely fill past 6-7 people on either side.

smaller games are also unbalanced by the presence of healers (or lack thereof) much easier than larger games that fill up right away. you'd see a lot of spawn camping and 60-0 games if you lump p90 players into the same warfronts over and over again, as whoever gets the sent and defiler gets the win and the other team without either probably doesn't get a single kill. queue times would be long, and i get the feeling a lot of players would enter games, compare teams, and wouldn't even leave their spawn.

70-90 also doesn't really work, at 70 you're still using freelancer weapons (armor means **** for the most part) so your dps isn't really up there yet. it would pretty much have to be 80-90 to be "fair".
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

A truth your missing also is that gear is inferior to skill.
    Even on my pres 50 mage, ill hop on and still take top damage / kb's in most warfronts.
    If your undergeared my only suggestion is dont try a mele spec.
    Harming, p90 warrior, isnt even fully geared atm but there are so many bad players around that ill normal go 20-30 kb's with 0-2 deaths just beacuse of the skill gap.
    On my freelancer mage im looking more around 15-20 and 0-2.
    Just learn how to pug stomp, gear comes passively. And its not all that important anymore.

This topic was reasonable back when it was pres 1-8. But now its as close to normalized as i can stand.

Shield of Telara

Fair enough then.

But you do agree that people in the 80-90 prestige ranking with full gear or near enough full high end PvP gear isn't fair on people who are in Freelancer or obtaining it as they level prestige.

From levelling this toon to 60 I always saw the warfronts full and pop fast with different faces all the time so I don't see why the queue times would be different and longer, perhaps at the 80-90 bracket, dunno how many ppl are there that still play.

But if you're saying or anyone says that in the 80-90 bracket they would examine the teams and either sit it out or leave if they believe it won't be a winning game goes to show that majority of people in the 80-90 level bracket with the gear only want to strut and flex their "gear" against people without, not people with.

More and more people will not want to grind to that level if they join the 60 bracket and can't compete as well because of the gear factor and difference, it was the exact same issue with the 50 bracket before they split the ranks which then made it a hell of a lot better mind you.

It means they can remove the bolstering system as well because it's mainly needed because of the gear differences with Freelancer - Warlord - Myrm

As I said, doubt it will even be thought about or happen, but Trion need to understand that if they even want people to be interested in PvP at end level, they need to realise that the players, most, will not join a warfront, get owned easily by R90's because of the gear factor. They will stop and do something else which will in end make end level PvP nothing and empty.

Not asking to dumb it down, suggesting that they think about it and look at all angles to do what is right and best for the player base.

Fair enough then.

But you do agree that people in the 80-90 prestige ranking with full gear or near enough full high end PvP gear isn't fair on people who are in Freelancer or obtaining it as they level prestige.

From levelling this toon to 60 I always saw the warfronts full and pop fast with different faces all the time so I don't see why the queue times would be different and longer, perhaps at the 80-90 bracket, dunno how many ppl are there that still play.

But if you're saying or anyone says that in the 80-90 bracket they would examine the teams and either sit it out or leave if they believe it won't be a winning game goes to show that majority of people in the 80-90 level bracket with the gear only want to strut and flex their "gear" against people without, not people with.

More and more people will not want to grind to that level if they join the 60 bracket and can't compete as well because of the gear factor and difference, it was the exact same issue with the 50 bracket before they split the ranks which then made it a hell of a lot better mind you.

It means they can remove the bolstering system as well because it's mainly needed because of the gear differences with Freelancer - Warlord - Myrm

As I said, doubt it will even be thought about or happen, but Trion need to understand that if they even want people to be interested in PvP at end level, they need to realise that the players, most, will not join a warfront, get owned easily by R90's because of the gear factor. They will stop and do something else which will in end make end level PvP nothing and empty.

Not asking to dumb it down, suggesting that they think about it and look at all angles to do what is right and best for the player base.
    It would be nice to split the people into prestige bracket but they dont have the population to do so anymore.
    Trion has ignored and insulted the pvp population since Storm Leigon launched leaving us with what we have today.
    Play the same few warfronts over and over with no rankings or leader boards "that actually mean anything" which caters to ultra casual players.
    This has made most of the pvp player base leave for other games or players like myself, only log in when their bored or their other games are down for maintenance.

If Trion cared about pvp at all it could be awesome. But they dont.

this isn't really true for most imo, they just don't want to spend 5-10 minutes in a warfront and never see anyone's health drop below 50%.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Ascendant

This isn't a learn to play issue either and I didn't really wanna bring this thread up but after awhile it's just pointless playing when up against teams of R90 fully geared players whilst you're a fresh level 60 ( which the character im referring to is ) getting Freelancer gear as quick as possible.

I look at and watch certain players, specifically a Warrior whos name I won't name geared in full Myrmidon and his/her play style is completely terrible and it's obvious that the only advantage he has is his gear, not skill.
    Its ok, you can say my name. Dont be shy.

To be fair i googled my void knight/reaver/beast master/0 point temp build on the internet. My pet kills you while i tank you.

A normal wf is a warrior with high hp, utility, and dps killing you. Accept it. Dont fight this. Also, buff para temp.

If you're low rank you should be running support or heals (or pulls). That's right, I went back to PR8 days!
    Even free cost too much now

Shield of Telara

I go with what is required mainly and depends on the actual warfront.

Tactician, Bard, Assassin sometimes MM ( even though they are easy mode and stupid for damage - don't like using it because of that ) and recently my unique hybrid build which is actually living up to it's set up and im liking it.

But in saying that, people shouldn't have to be support or heals because they are low ranked and can't do damage against high ranked geared players because of that reason, it's another reason why people would consider not bothering with it.

*shrugs*

We've got plenty of pvp players, that's why the queue pops so fast since the clusters merge which is the same patch they got rid of ranked matches. I agree that ranked PR80/PR90 matches make sense and should be implemented. Lots of people are past PR80 now (even me, and I was PR50 when the game went F2P and I should have my 3rd Myrmidon piece today or tomorrow, and I always pug so it takes longer but I'm 2/3rds to PR83 now).
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

End game pvp
    Thanks for the laugh
    Dogkin@seastone<the cult> - RIP <wipe>
    Dogkin@vigil <Dawn of Terror>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    Women in pvp are a rare breed compared to your average soccer mom grinding mats for her children.

+ Reply to Thread