+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: I know its all in my head...

Default I know its all in my head...

But why do i always get the team with 10+ players in pve gear...

I'm starting to think trion has it out for me.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Wetigos View Post
    But why do i always get the team with 10+ players in pve gear...

I'm starting to think trion has it out for me.
    Did you do a voodoo sacrifice to Jo-bu pre-match?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightsworn View Post
    Did you do a voodoo sacrifice to Jo-bu pre-match?
    I knew i forgot something!

PvE gear is the new black.

this happens to me on my rogue but it isn't "all in my head", it's just how the matchmaking system places me.

it takes forever to queue me too, even when solo queueing. on my cleric queues are always instant or nearly instant, on my rogue i can wait longer than 5 minutes in between queues only to queue into a game that is more than half over and already decided that it should have queued me into, but didn't for some reason. tbh sometimes it seems like i am in the queue longer than i am actually in a warfront. 5 minute queue, 3 minutes in a nearly finished warfront, 5 more minutes in the queue for the same thing... gets tiresome.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

I've suggested to repeat pve gear offenders that they consider picking up some pvp gear, to be told "my pve gear is better" or "why? it all gets buffed to myrmidon anyway" (the last in regular warfronts, not 5v5).

while it is unfortunate to have them on your team, their presence alone suggests the same kind of players are on the other team. look for the enemies with less than 20k hit points, have fun repeatedly globaling them.

if you are tempest, make a /yell macro that says "if you had pvp gear, I wouldn't be able to do *this* to you" and set it to your burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Because of bolstering it shouldn't be that big of deal until you get to a certain point. I know I ran raid gear until I had upgraded freelancer gear.
    Beware the Penguin...

feel good when you solo que and are surrounded by bad and derp, its how the matchmaking system works.

On the other hand if your teams carrying you, your probably that derp.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlinxx View Post
    feel good when you solo que and are surrounded by bad and derp, its how the matchmaking system works.

On the other hand if your teams carrying you, your probably that derp.
    More like how the matchmaking system doesn't work.

Until you're R80, there's not much point to PvP gear. If they lowered the prestige rank requirement for weapons to the same level as the armor, people could make a bit more of an impact sooner and maybe care about their gear.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    this happens to me on my rogue but it isn't "all in my head", it's just how the matchmaking system places me.

it takes forever to queue me too, even when solo queueing. on my cleric queues are always instant or nearly instant, on my rogue i can wait longer than 5 minutes in between queues only to queue into a game that is more than half over and already decided that it should have queued me into, but didn't for some reason. tbh sometimes it seems like i am in the queue longer than i am actually in a warfront. 5 minute queue, 3 minutes in a nearly finished warfront, 5 more minutes in the queue for the same thing... gets tiresome.
    This happens on my cleric. I think players who have been around longer probably by default have higher elo, and thus are the "big gun" in most wfs nowadays matched with an all newb team.

I say this because ques are longer, i get thrown into already decided matches much more, and with the average current player can decide to heal or kill and beat most everyone with whatever i decided to do. Heck i can go five games in a row just healing and blow healing away yet lose five games in a row due to clueless/useless teammates. When i have half the enemy team over on the side trying to kill me for over a minute, yet my whole team combined cant grab any flags anywhere, i seriously wonder what the heck they are doing.

Im talking regular matches. Now sometimes i get qued with a couple experienced players and then the match is fun and i should heal vs kill for example because there are players who exceed my skill in said job and i should leave that aspect to them if i want to win.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 01-09-2014 at 06:56 AM.

Ascendant

someone have to carry them...
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Rift Chaser

It happens so you can "teach" them.

If you were to join an expert dungeon in pvp gear however, you will be kicked and lol'd at.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post
    Until you're R80, there's not much point to PvP gear. If they lowered the prestige rank requirement for weapons to the same level as the armor, people could make a bit more of an impact sooner and maybe care about their gear.
    Still, rank 70+ gear with runes, enchants and raid crystal, will still make a difference against someone being bolstered.

Hit points, stats and defences are fairly noticeable to ones survivability when you stack it all up.

Playing a priority target like healer or mage/cc, you will stay alive a few more seconds, often long enough to get heals, help or los. I remember my face-tanking ability being a lot more awesome when I changed from bolstered to warlord with enchants and runes.

Of course soul/class and skill, will be a bigger factor. But most players are average with the same cookie cutter builds. The exceptionally skilled one are a tiny minority. So getting a boost from gear, runes and enchants, will give you advantages.
    Last edited by Elino; 01-09-2014 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlinxx View Post

It was so bad last night during prime time.

I was queuing with someone and I was top heals by a 200k-300k+ and they were the top DPS by 200-400k+. Needless to say, there was no carrying the team there. I think we only won one of those 5-6 codex matches. I just logged out before exploding.

Those Merc vials....seriously. If only everyone used them.
    Last edited by mongolianmisfit; 01-09-2014 at 08:50 AM.
    Noisia@Deepwood//Cleric Guardian [secret Ntype]
    this game is dead, goodbye \o/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast