+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By robbinthehoodz
  • 1 Post By WhozDat

Thread: I can't find diminishing return answers

Soulwalker

Default I can't find diminishing return answers

Are there any diminishing returns on CC, most specifically silence. Perhaps I hadn't noticed it before but as of the last couple weeks every skirmish in warfronts and most especially battles in conquest, I am silenced back to back to back so much that it's impossible to play my character. I use the break free just to try and get a cast off and I can get one instant then silenced again and again. Out of 10 seconds of play I'm silenced 7-8 seconds.I don't mind dying in pvp, hell I play a mage I'm going to die more than most. But I find it tiring that I die without any way of participating.

Any help greatly appreciated.

I'm only prestige level 68 I think in full Freelancer's gear I think it's called, and I do have max conquest points if that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Smalto View Post
    Are there any diminishing returns on CC, most specifically silence. Perhaps I hadn't noticed it before but as of the last couple weeks every skirmish in warfronts and most especially battles in conquest, I am silenced back to back to back so much that it's impossible to play my character. I use the break free just to try and get a cast off and I can get one instant then silenced again and again. Out of 10 seconds of play I'm silenced 7-8 seconds.I don't mind dying in pvp, hell I play a mage I'm going to die more than most. But I find it tiring that I die without any way of participating.

Any help greatly appreciated.

I'm only prestige level 68 I think in full Freelancer's gear I think it's called, and I do have max conquest points if that matters.
    It's not exactly diminishing returns anymore, it's immunity. If you have nameplates on, when you get CC'd there will be an icon next to your nameplate showing you are immune to CC. Once the icon is gone you can get CC'd again.
    robbinthehoodz@Greybriar

Soulwalker

I wish I could run fraps to show what I mean, but the performance even with a pretty high end machine is very shoddy. Is it immunity to all CC or just that specific type? I look like a silenced ping pong ball out there. Silenced, pulled, feared, kicked away, silenced, interrupted and silenced, stunned, snared, silenced, etc. I've stopped pvping it's gotten so bad for me.

I wish I could run fraps to show what I mean, but the performance even with a pretty high end machine is very shoddy. Is it immunity to all CC or just that specific type? I look like a silenced ping pong ball out there. Silenced, pulled, feared, kicked away, silenced, interrupted and silenced, stunned, snared, silenced, etc. I've stopped pvping it's gotten so bad for me.
    There are 2 sets. Roots have the aqua green eagle face looking thingy and stuns/silences have the maroon faceless head getting bonked looking thingy.

No immunity from pulls/knock backs/interrupts/snares.

I have gotten lost a few times during ping pongs. After a few bouncing around the map I throw my hands up and scream, "Where am I?!".
    Last edited by robbinthehoodz; 01-08-2014 at 02:02 PM.
    robbinthehoodz@Greybriar

Shield of Telara

One thing I get annoyed at now with the system is when ever im CCd it 99% slways affects me but when im CCing a cleric all i see mostly is inmune whilst they continue playing god.

Just saying.

Games broken.

DR/immunity is equal to the max duration of whichever CC you were hit with, starting from when the effect ends. Example would be getting hit by AP and breaking free instantly, you are then immune for 8s(max duration) before you are vulnerable to that class of CC(everything but roots basically) again. Choking gas bomb has no duration, so no DR/immunity period.

The old DR system was superior, but what can you do.
    Last edited by Beluga; 01-08-2014 at 04:54 PM.
    "like i have been preaching since day 1 warrior is the king of being good against under geared bads. vs a competent player we have nothing. no cc no utility and sub par damage. even alacrity and temp are countered by a puri with ease. we have no answer for rogue melee, no answer for dom, and nothing to pressure a healer. (1 cc breaker in all our all souls and its a port backwards in a range soul FFS)" -dday 2013

Soulwalker

I guess maybe trying another class or spec with my mage. I primarily run Chloro, and on occasion I'll swap to Harb or Dom, but I find Dom with the same issue and Harb seems to garner more attention and I get focused down fast.

Thank you guys for the help.

I look like a silenced ping pong ball out there. Silenced, pulled, feared, kicked away, silenced, interrupted and silenced, stunned, snared, silenced, etc. I've stopped pvping it's gotten so bad for me.
    Everything is ok, that's just rift PvP.

<3
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Everything is just to long to begin with. No CC should go past a duration of like 3 or 4 secs. A 10 sec w/e is the most ******ed thing Ive ever seen. more ******ed then ppl who take this pvp seriously. Play LoL you don't need more then 2 or 3 secs to do what you have to do.
    Konstantene, Izualy, Mykee, Aristeiia.

Rift Chaser

[QUOTE=robbinthehoodz;4658281] maroon faceless head getting bonked [QUOTE]

Kinky
    Last edited by SoulPlay; 01-11-2014 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by robbinthehoodz View Post

No immunity from pulls/knock backs/interrupts/snares.

There is defintely immunity from pulls, but I don't think there is an icon. The skill will just be grayed out on the casters bar. If it is an AOE pull anybody around the target not immune will still be pulled.
    Thondrin - W̶o̶l̶f̶s̶b̶a̶n̶e̶ Derpwood - Warrior - Doing it wrong since 2011 - I melee in CQ

Quote Originally Posted by The Thondrin View Post
    There is defintely immunity from pulls, but I don't think there is an icon. The skill will just be grayed out on the casters bar. If it is an AOE pull anybody around the target not immune will still be pulled.
    There's no icon, but if you look at the target, most of the time they gain a debuff called "Grounded" that provides immunity to/from pulls.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Ascendant

Once you become decent at healing as chloro you will get focused by good members on the opossing team.

Use your subspec to go into pyro for flicker. It removes all CC and will save your butt a lot if you learn how to escape with it. Flicker also removes silence.

Learn to skirt max range as well as utilizing line of sight when focused. Also using things like withering vinesx3 (a dot) and corrosive spores (dot) will keep you "healing" even when cc'd.

There are more tricks but that should be a good start. Also, if you dont know how to move and cast when you can you wont learn what to hit when pressured and you need to move to survive.

Telaran

Default CC immunity is a joke

I had a duel challenge in TB where a VK warrior had me silenced for 4 seconds every 8 seconds of the fight. So 50% of the time I was looking at greyed out abilities.
    (retired)Eighteenwheeler@deepwood p90 Warrior
    (retired)Coffi@deepwood p90 Cleric
    (retired)Tommygun@deepwood lvl 52 Mage

No more money for you Trion.

+ Reply to Thread