Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By robbinthehoodz
  • 1 Post By AlwaysHealNeverDie
  • 1 Post By spaceboots
  • 2 Post By HannonHellbringer

Thread: Pvp gear

Rift Disciple

Default Pvp gear

Pvp gear is a joke. You spend huge amount of time leveling and gearing to max only to be
    killed in a duel by a rougue or tempest or other high dps spec in pve gear. Its like going to
    silverwood or the defiant starting zone and getting killed by a mobs in less then 4 seconds.
    And yet ive seen it happen way to often, to be purely just a bad player. Imho a pve geared
    player should never ever even dream of killing even an afk max pvp geared player.

Quote Originally Posted by spainiard View Post
    Pvp gear is a joke. You spend huge amount of time leveling and gearing to max only to be
    killed in a duel by a rougue or tempest or other high dps spec in pve gear. Its like going to
    silverwood or the defiant starting zone and getting killed by a mobs in less then 4 seconds.
    And yet ive seen it happen way to often, to be purely just a bad player. Imho a pve geared
    player should never ever even dream of killing even an afk max pvp geared player.
    l2p. if your rank 90 and losing to pve geared players you might want to retire

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    l2p. if your rank 90 and losing to pve geared players you might want to retire
    I didn't i said ive seen it. Even if i did should never be possible to much time and effort is put in to getting the gear for that to be possible imo.

I didn't i said ive seen it.
    I don't know how to attach gifs because I haven't learned how to use the ultranet.
    robbinthehoodz@Greybriar

Ascendant

I will agree with you that top PvP gear is weak compared to top PvE gear. However I disagree with any complains about being killed in a duel. This is MMO and it's not balanced around duels.

Imo Valor and Vengeance stats simply dont give enough power to make them necessary for open world pvp. Greater Torvan essences > pvp essences anytime in open world pvp. I can say the same about certain Relic weapons which give a lot of bonus dmg.

For example compare Myrm bow to top PvE bow. Top PvE bow got 408 dps and 2x higher stats of each + bonus dmg active on hit chance to proc.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

I didn't i said ive seen it. Even if i did should never be possible to much time and effort is put in to getting the gear for that to be possible imo.
    haha i couldnt disagree with you more

A. you didnt earn ****...pvp gear is awarded for time played that would be like saiyng you earned a sun tan
    B. gear is a huge advantage as is if you die to a low ranked player its because they are way way better than you
    C. pvp should be about skill not gear and if gear is a must is should never be the most important factor

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    I will agree with you that top PvP gear is weak compared to top PvE gear. However I disagree with any complains about being killed in a duel. This is MMO and it's not balanced around duels.

Imo Valor and Vengeance stats simply dont give enough power to make them necessary for open world pvp. Greater Torvan essences > pvp essences anytime in open world pvp. I can say the same about certain Relic weapons which give a lot of bonus dmg.

For example compare Myrm bow to top PvE bow. Top PvE bow got 408 dps and 2x higher stats of each + bonus dmg active on hit chance to proc.
    you guys are high, trying playing without max valor and watch how fast you get blown up in open world

Rift Disciple

I don't believe me either robbin just play along with me please.
    Last edited by spainiard; 01-08-2014 at 02:03 PM. Reason: wording

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    haha i couldnt disagree with you more

A. you didnt earn ****...pvp gear is awarded for time played that would be like saiyng you earned a sun tan
    B. gear is a huge advantage as is if you die to a low ranked player its because they are way way better than you
    C. pvp should be about skill not gear and if gear is a must is should never be the most important factor
    not saying it should be the most important factor but if pve geared player kills pvp geared player. Then gear being a factor on a scale of 1 to 10 it gets a 1.

pvp damage is so utterly rediculous how do you out skill dieing in a 2-3 second time frame

don't duel

especially a class mostly designed for short 1v1 fights.

You said rogue (guess sin) and tempest....not just a gear problem...it is a class balance issue.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Dude, really? How the f*** are you going to die vs a pve geared player?

I duel pve geared players and freakin one shot them before any of my damage buffs kick in.

I'm the pvper that LOOOOVES gear, and storm legion makes me a sad panda bear. I used to love mix and matching gear, like the heal on block essences and trinket to my hybrid tank build. Or maxing out crit by mixing rogue gear with my warrior gear. The only thing I hated was the relics in pvp. I've said it before, I love to fight against players that had unique builds, nowadays your just fighting clones, some good some bad but they are all just clones.

Quote Originally Posted by HannonHellbringer View Post
    I love to fight against players that had unique builds, nowadays your just fighting clones, some good some bad but they are all just clones.
    You're one of the few that "get it" and I salute you.

+ Reply to Thread