+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: OP cross healing and solutions

Default OP cross healing and solutions

People that pvp consistently notice that there is a exponential required DPS to kill healers cross healing. Walk in a WF with 2> good healers cross healing and might as well hang it up.

- On average to kill a cleric (these are pugs) takes about 3 dps on a cleric to burn within seconds.

If there is more than one cross healing u need twice that number and more. Not including the wailing on DPS. The problem isnt that people don't focus. Its that thjey get tired of beating a healing brick for minutes with no reward.

Solution : Self stacking debuff when healed on clerics like the tacticians have but for % of healing taken.

If you go in a 5 with 3 clerics vs your 2 or 1, its either going to be a long long fight or someone gives up and leaves.

Ascendant

There is no solution to lack of focusing when the other team is focusing (their healing). Doesn't exactly sound like a spec balance issue, especially when dps is higher than it's ever been in SL.
    Last edited by Ahov; 01-08-2014 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    There is no solution to lack of focusing when the other team is focusing (their healing). Doesn't exactly sound like a spec balance issue, especially when dps is higher than it's ever been in SL.
    I agree but when healers do the same you need tools to prevent them from healing much like tools to stop the other team from dpsing

Assist the tempest, stuff will die.
    "like i have been preaching since day 1 warrior is the king of being good against under geared bads. vs a competent player we have nothing. no cc no utility and sub par damage. even alacrity and temp are countered by a puri with ease. we have no answer for rogue melee, no answer for dom, and nothing to pressure a healer. (1 cc breaker in all our all souls and its a port backwards in a range soul FFS)" -dday 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Beluga View Post
    Assist the tempest, stuff will die.
    eff tempest that spec is such a joke right now. I can't believe it hasn't been changed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    eff tempest that spec is such a joke right now. I can't believe it hasn't been changed yet.
    It's pretty much 1.0 champion, only ranged.
    "like i have been preaching since day 1 warrior is the king of being good against under geared bads. vs a competent player we have nothing. no cc no utility and sub par damage. even alacrity and temp are countered by a puri with ease. we have no answer for rogue melee, no answer for dom, and nothing to pressure a healer. (1 cc breaker in all our all souls and its a port backwards in a range soul FFS)" -dday 2013

Ascendant

I agree but when healers do the same you need tools to prevent them from healing much like tools to stop the other team from dpsing
    It's called focusing....how much clearer does that need to be?

If your team can't focus a healer and interrupt/silence them (or even burning down a random dps one by one), you cannot compete with their cross-healing (which, again, is just another form of focusing).

Your team doesn't focus, but the enemy team does. I wonder who wins? The tools are already in place, and in fact dps is higher than it should be.
    Last edited by Ahov; 01-08-2014 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beluga View Post
    It's pretty much 1.0 champion, only ranged.
    I was a rookie then playing reaver in wfs key board turning trying to figure out why I was so bad.

Its really the biggest abomination of a spec there is. the burst is one thing but how easy it plays is what really drives me crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    It's called focusing....how much clearer does that need to be?

If your team can't focus a healer and interrupt/silence them (or even burning down a random dps one by one), you cannot compete with their cross-healing (which, again, is just another form of focusing).

Your team doesn't focus, but the enemy team does. I wonder who wins? The tools are already in place, and in fact dps is higher than it should be.
    yea I'm in agreement with you but you need those tools you described. heal debuffs, stuns silences ect ect. simply focusing dps isn't enough when the healers focus their heals

Heals on other healers in PvP should be half as effective. Links on other healers should be half as effective. People also should be called out when they're hitting ****ty targets. I do this and people hate me for it, but if you hit a tank over a healer, be ready to hear your name in raid warning followed by a message of how bad you are.

Quote Originally Posted by charliekelly View Post
    Heals on other healers in PvP should be half as effective. Links on other healers should be half as effective. People also should be called out when they're hitting ****ty targets. I do this and people hate me for it, but if you hit a tank over a healer, be ready to hear your name in raid warning followed by a message of how bad you are.
    i would love the opposite, healing yourself is halved and healing your team is higher then nerf dps a lot so that dps vs dps isnt a 3 sec fight.

right now this game is all around lol burst and lol healing. its brutal

... if you hit a tank over a healer, be ready to hear your name in raid warning followed by a message of how bad you are.
    I love this. I want to read my name in the sky!

Then I can be all ask ashley on everyone.
    robbinthehoodz@Greybriar

i would love the opposite, healing yourself is halved and healing your team is higher then nerf dps a lot so that dps vs dps isnt a 3 sec fight.

right now this game is all around lol burst and lol healing. its brutal
    Not the rest of the team, just heal specs. That way you're rewarded for hitting the healer, since others healers can't heal it as well.

Champion

OP cross DPS focus fire needs to be nerfed.

Do you kids ever think of anything BUT yourselves?

Not the rest of the team, just heal specs. That way you're rewarded for hitting the healer, since others healers can't heal it as well.
    yea I got your point I'm just sick of a pug wfs being decided by whoever has good clerics. bad dps with heals will eventually kill good players if they don't have heals. good healers will never die to bad dps.

I want less reliance on heals and less burst being thrown around to heal so it is actually like rift used to be with using cds reading and re acting ect ect. rather than stupid burst and stupid healing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast