+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Boycott CQ

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    unless you have a rl and can't log on for a few days God forbid that
    I've dropped the game for months at a time to deploy to the Persian Gulf, got visits from our grandkids and couldn't play for weeks, took breaks to focus on my Masters, or just didn't feel like playing for a while. It's the mechanic we have to deal with, when you have the time to play again you fill up on CQ power and then just tick it.

Quote Originally Posted by LeCreaux View Post
    I've dropped the game for months at a time to deploy to the Persian Gulf, got visits from our grandkids and couldn't play for weeks, took breaks to focus on my Masters, or just didn't feel like playing for a while. It's the mechanic we have to deal with, when you have the time to play again you fill up on CQ power and then just tick it.
    yea and i think thats BS. if i want to take a break from a game my character who i have grinded on for days and spent hundreds of dollars on shouldn't lose progression. its the dumbest mechanic in the history of gaming

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    yea and i think thats BS. if i want to take a break from a game my character who i have grinded on for days and spent hundreds of dollars on shouldn't lose progression. its the dumbest mechanic in the history of gaming
    I agree completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I will blow all my CD's on some 20k hp newb if I have to do so to get my CQ power tick.
    The Sin way...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Rift Chaser

I have been boycotting CQ for over a month now.

I am not going to support something that decays from lack of play time.
    Last edited by The B Man; 01-09-2014 at 08:53 PM.
    You're so full of ****! "I can't even 1v1 a pyro" and who the **** are you? No one, just a ****ing bandwagoner who doesn't know **** and will say anything to be on the side of the majority. **** you.
    - PyroKiller

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    That's the whole point of CQ powa, to keep you logging in.

That said, Rift is a dead game. I will be utterly shocked if the servers aren't shut down completely within the year.
    Pvp is dead rift is not. All the servers are always high pop because let's face it there are more artifact collectors and dimension builders then people that raid or PvP

Quote Originally Posted by The B Man View Post
    I have been boycotting CQ for over a month now.

I am not going to support something that decays from lack of play time.
    I haven't stepped foot in cq since the new ranks came out. I think I'm p85 but I haven't logged on in almost a month
    Dogkin@seastone<the cult> - RIP <wipe>
    Dogkin@vigil <Dawn of Terror>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    Women in pvp are a rare breed compared to your average soccer mom grinding mats for her children.

Rift Chaser

CQ power is easy to get and easier to maintain, if you really want it. I started messing around with a baby rogue the past 2-3 weeks and already at about 3/4 of full power. I do not go in every CQ that pops, will skip a day or so here and there, etc. You have to spend more time in CQ while building it, but maintaining it is pretty much a non-issue if you log into rift every couple days. If you choose not to go in long enough for a tick or two that's fine too, but don't ***** about it either as you are either lazy and/or don't really care.

Having said that, it would be nice if they had some non/low cost way to extend the decay past 2 days for those that need to be away for longer for work, school, emergencies, etc.

If you choose not to go in long enough for a tick or two that's fine too, but don't ***** about it either as you are either lazy and/or don't really care.
    Right because if you can't play for a week or so due to rl you're either lazy or don't care.

I'm so ****ing sick of all the lame rationalizations for this pos mechanic. CQ decay is there to keep people logging in and to keep people playing CQ. What it's actually done is piss people off. This game really has devolved into a dimension/artifact fluff piece of crap.
    I saw a 20k health warrior today 3 shot me as tempest, and I have 4x piece Myrmidon on my alt. ~ Gunzip

The next CQ, is gonna have artifacts in it as well. WhooHoo! Forget the extractors, I'm going artifact hunting!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Bodicca View Post
    Right because if you can't play for a week or so due to rl you're either lazy or don't care.

I'm so ****ing sick of all the lame rationalizations for this pos mechanic. CQ decay is there to keep people logging in and to keep people playing CQ. What it's actually done is piss people off. This game really has devolved into a dimension/artifact fluff piece of crap.
    You see to have missed or ignored the part where i said:

Quote Originally Posted by Stilly View Post
    Having said that, it would be nice if they had some non/low cost way to extend the decay past 2 days for those that need to be away for longer for work, school, emergencies, etc.
    As i said, it is extremely easy to maintain if you log in every 2 days. You can still have max abilities even going 3 days, but will lose some power. But if you are logging into the game, then yes you are being lazy or don't care if you can't pop into CQ for a tick or two to maintain the current power. Either way, fine by me if you lose it and have to regain it. It has happened to me before and likely will again.

Is it true that CQP starts decaying after 48 hours for Patrons but after only 24 hours for non Patrons?
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
    Is it true that CQP starts decaying after 48 hours for Patrons but after only 24 hours for non Patrons?
    When they made the change from 24 to 48 hours that affected everyone its not a patron only change.

Quote Originally Posted by IamYoshi View Post
    When they made the change from 24 to 48 hours that affected everyone its not a patron only change.
    Thanks, some recent comments had me wondering if there was a difference and Patron got a longer decay time. Trion is forever silly, they are missing the boat and angering people by not having a store item that lets people put an account wide freeze on CQP that would be removed when a raid is joined or any pvp activity occurs. Things like that get remembered forever, lol.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
    Thanks, some recent comments had me wondering if there was a difference and Patron got a longer decay time. Trion is forever silly, they are missing the boat and angering people by not having a store item that lets people put an account wide freeze on CQP that would be removed when a raid is joined or any pvp activity occurs. Things like that get remembered forever, lol.
    Something along lines of this seems reasonable. Gives those that need/want to be away for a period a means to retain CQP, but then starts the clock again once they start doing things which likely led them to get it in the first place. Now could they implement it w/o god knows how many bugs, with unknown side effects is another thing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast