+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Trion afk mechanic broken and flawed?

Plane Walker

Default Trion afk mechanic broken and flawed?

I mean, I was playing my rogue alt. I was like top damage the whole game.
    Close to end I died. So I was:
    dead
    ressed
    looked at map
    wrote a line in warfront chat
    rebuffed
    mounted
    and started to ride to codex via the bridge ( defiant side ).

During the ride
    the game ended and all I saw as reward was bunch of zeros.
    0 XP, 0 favor, 0 everything.
    Trion afk mechanic broken and flawed?-dafuq.jpg

Is this fair or even justified?

flawed.

Seems to just give anyone 0 pts who is at spawn on round end.

sometimes.

Dunno it's trion's spaghetti design where they do so many additions but don't bother to clean any of it up.

Champion of Telara

It's also NOT just CQ rewards. It's everything. We (OK, laugh ahead) had a mini in camp. Minus the stupidity of the act, apparently fighting the mini in camp is technically AFK. So when the match end right when the mini died, those fighting got nothing.

As for the other issue. That debuff is not exclusively CQ related while in CQ. If you have that 'debuff' on and you click on your rift loot bag. PA crystals grab in it (gained during zone invasions outside CQ) gets ZEROED OUT as well.

This happened to me once. While in CQ, respawned in NF towards the end of the timer. Rebuffed, reapplied my PA traits and went to recharge my crystals since I figured it was probably the last time I would be back at camp (if we didn't win). Started running to TH, turn around as the call was then changed to GOS. Apparently, that min is considered afk and running toward TH then back thru the front of NF to GOS, the game thinks you aren't doing anything. So you get tagged for afk and poof, all rewards gets zero. Thanks Trion.

Shield of Telara

Yeah, this happened to me in Library. I ended up with only 400 because I happened to be rez'd just as the match finished. We won, I was there from the start and contributed quite a lot to that win yet I had 400 compared to 2000-3000 +

Was not happy but meh, what can ya do.

Rift Chaser

I never even look at that stuff so I would never notice.

Why you black out your name, something top secret here?

Quote Originally Posted by Motoboat View Post
    I never even look at that stuff so I would never notice.

Why you black out your name, something top secret here?
    Have you seen some of the creepers on the forums?

Sidvader sends me hate tells on a daily basis for being an "EZMODROG". Virulent would likely do that aswell, along with half a dozen other wingnuts.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Quote Originally Posted by WhozDat View Post
    along with half a dozen other wingnuts.
    I'm very secure with my nuts.
    Last edited by Wing man; 01-07-2014 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhozDat View Post
    Have you seen some of the creepers on the forums?

Sidvader sends me hate tells on a daily basis for being an "EZMODROG". Virulent would likely do that aswell, along with half a dozen other wingnuts.
    After all my stalking, I still don't know who you are.
    robbinthehoodz@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by robbinthehoodz View Post
    Caseofkoalas

from the moment you died, to the first shown zero, is almost a full minute. working as intended.

maybe pay more attention to the state of the game next time. you should have seen the end coming, and gotten out of the spawn fast, then rebuffed once out.

so yeah, sitting around on your hands at the end of a match is not recommended.

if the match had of ended 30 seconds earlier, and you were still in the spawn, you actually would have received favour/xp. because you chose to tarry, no soup for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Ascendant

The afk timer in base or close to spawn is very short so it's easy to trigger. It's way too short imo and hella annoying.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    from the moment you died, to the first shown zero, is almost a full minute. working as intended.

maybe pay more attention to the state of the game next time. you should have seen the end coming, and gotten out of the spawn fast, then rebuffed once out.

so yeah, sitting around on your hands at the end of a match is not recommended.

if the match had of ended 30 seconds earlier, and you were still in the spawn, you actually would have received favour/xp. because you chose to tarry, no soup for you!
    Enemy zerg was camping our spawnpoint...Thats why I ckecked the map, to see where ppl were, thats why used the chat. Should I just throw myself to slaughter just to get the rewards? This is ... ******ed. Im never feeding the enemy. What angered me, that I had like 450k damage done while the 2nd best was at ~200k. All this trying to give my best ended with diddly-squat for me, this felt like system just spat in my face. And this has happened before too and I remember we were camped again - taking the longer route to safely pass the zerg = no rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    The afk timer in base or close to spawn is very short so it's easy to trigger. It's way too short imo and hella annoying.
    I disagree, once you know its there it is 100% avoidable.
    players should be encouraged to get back into the action fast. not to decide to go fetch a drink or go to the bathroom. warfronts are short enough that most things can wait (emergencies are understandable).

Op respawned ten seconds after dying, but it was a full 43 seconds before he started rebuffing. according to the OP, that is how long it took him to look at the map and type something in warfront chat. slow typer I guess.

he should have been aware of how close the match was to ending. apparently he wasn't. he remained within the spawn zone by choosing to ride along the bridge exit. because of this choice, he was still within the spawn zone when the match ended a full minute (and a couple of seconds) after he respawned. A FULL MINUTE.

a minute is more than enough time to respawn, rebuff, and leave the spawn area. if the OP had been paying attention to the score, he could have left the respawn by the shortest route and he'd have been fine, even with his sitting around to type abuse messages to his team.

Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog View Post
    Should I just throw myself to slaughter just to get the rewards?
    if you want the rewards, yes.
    but you chose otherwise, and now you are crying about your choice?

why didn't you leave the spawn sooner?
    even camped, even using the path you chose, even taking the time to look at the map and rage at your team, you could have done all that in half the time.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    if you want the rewards, yes.
    but you chose otherwise, and now you are crying about your choice?

why didn't you leave the spawn sooner?
    even camped, even using the path you chose, even taking the time to look at the map and rage at your team, you could have done all that in half the time.
    So as soon as I die I should put my stopwatch running on a 1 minute timer? Or just rush blindly into reds without any backups? What type of gameplay are you promoting here?

Yes, I dont look at clock or count seconds when I die. I assess the situation, look around.

The point here is not that I didnt count seconds and wasnt a suicidial r-t@rd. Point is that system is too eager to nullify your effort. Point is that system punishes you if you do anything else after death excpet rushing out of res-area. It doesnt even check if your afk - I clicked on map, I typed letters, I pressed buttons to buff, I pressed button to mount, I pressed "w" button to move forward and still system clearly sayd "YOU ARE AFK NOW YOU DONT GET REWARDS TEE-HEE".
    Last edited by Drakedog; 01-07-2014 at 03:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast