+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: the end is near

Shadowlander

Default the end is near

IMO , we have to pvp at a point , we are "NORMAL" human being , wich mean at a point in our life we want to compete other people , wich mean PVP , now for the tempest case... I think trion fired a bullet in their own feet by making this game free because they have to find a way to make money , thus you have to pay (credits) for the SL classes , thats why tempest is so "DUMBLY" op , to attract people toward it (by paying). Rift is at its apogee , lets just wait for new WOW expansion or a new revolutionary MMORPG to hit the market

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by lilsabin View Post
    IMO , we have to pvp at a point , we are "NORMAL" human being , wich mean at a point in our life we want to compete other people , wich mean PVP , now for the tempest case... I think trion fired a bullet in their own feet by making this game free because they have to find a way to make money , thus you have to pay (credits) for the SL classes , thats why tempest is so "DUMBLY" op , to attract people toward it (by paying). Rift is at its apogee , lets just wait for new WOW expansion or a new revolutionary MMORPG to hit the market
    Tempest is OP? Don't make me laugh buddy.

At lower levels it sure is.

At 60 their only damage is charge pulse combo which you just... side step behind something if you're really concerned about it.

Tempest has always been a 0 point talent to me.

Tempest is OP as ****. I watched some guy in the hellokitty@hailol laughing about it after getting back to back 5k crits on someone in a WF. I've been hit by chained 3.5k+ crits before. Nothing else in game seems to have the burst that they do. The only time I've hit as hard has been in the open world on carebears.

Defilers are OP too, especially Unstable Transformation which is both a full heal and a limited invincibility which has no drawbacks (can still cast/move) with a short cd (even shorter than my favorite Rogue skill, Slip Away by 2x). Both of these are SL souls.

I haven't played Tact but they seem to be a contender for best AoE and I have no clue what mages get but I'd wage they're high on their spec list too. Coincidence?
    Last edited by Sleepthief; 01-07-2014 at 04:33 PM.
    Guardians:
    PR90 Smugjugs@Seastone (Briarcliff/Sunrest/Deepstrike/Dayblind)
    50 Unnamed@Seastone (Previously Bellicosa)

38 Scataracts@Seastone

50 Witchtits@Seastone (Defiant pending faction change)

Shield of Telara

Tempest are OP from level 10 onwards. It reminds me of warfronts at launch being a necro/lock from 10 pvp brackets onwards using soul purge and just dominating because of how easy and OP it was.

And yes, I completely agree that the souls were made stupily over done to make ppl purchase them to compete in the game it is now. If they werent aiming for that, they would of given souls that are more fitting and needed. Dont get me wrong, they are good and useful but Tempest isnt a warrior the way theyve designed it. It is a mage with a mixture of things similar to storm caller. That's my view anyways.

Remove Tempest and give warriors a proper ranged soul that uses bows/guns or even throwing axes like a barbarian that berserks.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkorian View Post
    Tempest are OP from level 10 onwards. It reminds me of warfronts at launch being a necro/lock from 10 pvp brackets onwards using soul purge and just dominating because of how easy and OP it was.

And yes, I completely agree that the souls were made stupily over done to make ppl purchase them to compete in the game it is now. If they werent aiming for that, they would of given souls that are more fitting and needed. Dont get me wrong, they are good and useful but Tempest isnt a warrior the way theyve designed it. It is a mage with a mixture of things similar to storm caller. That's my view anyways.

Remove Tempest and give warriors a proper ranged soul that uses bows/guns or even throwing axes like a barbarian that berserks.
    When the game came out a ranged warrior spec was the best and most OP of all classes. It could 1 or 2 shot everything on the field and was vastly superior to all other ranged damaged by miles. Looks like we've come full circle. I just came back after almost 2 years of absence from the game; it makes me sad
    Guardians:
    PR90 Smugjugs@Seastone (Briarcliff/Sunrest/Deepstrike/Dayblind)
    50 Unnamed@Seastone (Previously Bellicosa)

38 Scataracts@Seastone

50 Witchtits@Seastone (Defiant pending faction change)

I saw a 20k health warrior today 3 shot me as tempest, and I have 4x piece Myrmidon on my alt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Shield of Telara

Yeah i remember. Flamespear and all them bunny hoppers hopping around. Apart from that though warriors were in a better place.

But if you compare that 1 ranged ability to how Temps are it doesnt. Tempest are just stupid. Give them to mages or better yet redesign storm caller around them and give us a proper more fitting ranged soul.

Unless you are referring to the void knight back at launch?
    Last edited by Valkorian; 01-07-2014 at 06:44 PM.

Tempest = Wavelength ... no more no less !

Hide in those 15sec then ignore him , kill more important target !
    Last edited by Zetsuu; 01-07-2014 at 11:46 PM.
    I keel Em Too Fast !

Ascendant

The main issue is tempest or rather para temp (still ranged-but this point involves both) is the best/safest dps soul in a highly predominant melee based calling.

Trion tried to fix melee better and in the end my warrior is best playing a ranged spec????

Arc needs to be like shifting blades for starters ogcd but lower it to 75% damage. Heck its ranged lower it to 65% damage. No advantage to melee only difficulties in a mass ranged game with little anti cc utility.

As a near full myrm (full valor) ive had 10k pyro hits, 8k shaman hits, back to back 5-6k para crits, huge temp burst crits, and multiple other souls (namely rogue builds) with numerous added damage in short time that adds up to the same. Most these souls have continued high chained dps as well so its not just that one hit.

Its a game of high instant dps vs high instant burst currently.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 01-08-2014 at 12:46 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by lilsabin View Post
    Because before the game went free you didn't have to pay for the SL Souls.... Oh wait you did. You had to buy SL.
    /thread

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    The main issue is tempest or rather para temp (still ranged-but this point involves both) is the best/safest dps soul in a highly predominant melee based calling.

Trion tried to fix melee better and in the end my warrior is best playing a ranged spec????

Arc needs to be like shifting blades for starters ogcd but lower it to 75% damage. Heck its ranged lower it to 65% damage. No advantage to melee only difficulties in a mass ranged game with little anti cc utility.

As a near full myrm (full valor) ive had 10k pyro hits, 8k shaman hits, back to back 5-6k para crits, huge temp burst crits, and multiple other souls (namely rogue builds) with numerous added damage in short time that adds up to the same. Most these souls have continued high chained dps as well so its not just that one hit.

Its a game of high instant dps vs high instant burst currently.
    I hit some 20k hp cleric warden with a 10,778 massive blow crit a while ago, and I'm still using warlord weapons. On geared people it's ~7-8k depending on buffs, debuffs, any damage mitigation. I crapped my pants when I saw that crit though lol.

Inquisitor doesn't hit nearly as hard as that, and requires a bit of setup before the pressure's really laid on thick. Being hit by a pyro, I find cleansing off the combust stacks that aren't covered to be effective in preventing most of pyro's burst. Tempest you have to run or LOS them, if you sit still without some sort of damage mitigation casted on you, you're a goner. That shifting blades para stuff was deadly at first too, but I see more people running warlord and tempest rather than paragon now.

Hey at least brospear isn't near 1 shotting teams anymore.

"microtransactions done properly is game design done poorly." - Some dude on an internet forum

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Nephaerius View Post
    Because before the game went free you didn't have to pay for the SL Souls.... Oh wait you did. You had to buy SL.
    /thread
    lol , i am sorry , but i am not gonna explain to you how the market works , try using a lil bit of your brain

Default ....

tempest is op in pvp for 15 seconds.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast