+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Patron status should prevent CQ power decay.

Default Patron status should prevent CQ power decay.

"like i have been preaching since day 1 warrior is the king of being good against under geared bads. vs a competent player we have nothing. no cc no utility and sub par damage. even alacrity and temp are countered by a puri with ease. we have no answer for rogue melee, no answer for dom, and nothing to pressure a healer. (1 cc breaker in all our all souls and its a port backwards in a range soul FFS)" -dday 2013

the majority of my hate for this game comes from the mechanics behind cq power. no decay and account bound should of been put in months ago

This or I will quit Patron. All Patrons should respond to this and agree to quit.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by bleachx View Post
    This or I will quit Patron. All Patrons should respond to this and agree to quit.
    I will skip agreeing to this childishness but agree this would be nice.

Ascendant

I'm all for patron status allowing me to take vacations without dreading what I'll see when I return.

Quote Originally Posted by Beluga View Post
    Just a another nail in the coffin for me and rift. Along with premades farming PuGs in WFs, the whole game revolving around 2 raiding guilds, neglect of PvP as a whole, and class imbalances. Never should have resub for a year, but did.

Needs to be account bound or done away with...imho.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Rift Disciple

I've never really understood how CQ Power works, when I hit 60, I had almost full conquest power, and I'm never losing any. Always at 200,000

Quote Originally Posted by God of Rift View Post
    I've never really understood how CQ Power works, when I hit 60, I had almost full conquest power, and I'm never losing any. Always at 200,000
    your trolling is about as creative as a live laugh love poster

What's the problem with CQP decay itself? It only takes a very few minutes once every 48 hours to keep CQP from decaying on one character. Insufficient reason to make it account bound. Logging into alts that way is no big time consumer, CQP should have a requirement to use it and that's not much of one. Maybe an hour and a half if you have 6 alts? You can go into CQ, get it on an alt, get out and login another alt before the CQ episode expires. I would like to see being able to purchase an account wide freeze on CQP decay, if one needs to not play any character for a while for some reason, but only if it expires and the decay will start occurring in 48 more hours the moment any alt enters into a pvp situation, and only if the account bound purchase could be made once per week. CQP should have to be earned.
    Last edited by Taptap; 01-06-2014 at 12:54 PM.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

Ascendant

Any know when daglars contract with trion is up?? This game needs a new direction. The fact that cq power is still an issue is embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
    What's the problem with CQP decay itself? It only takes a very few minutes once every 48 hours to keep CQP from decaying on one character. Insufficient reason to make it account bound. Logging into alts that way is no big time consumer, CQP should have a requirement to use it and that's not much of one. Maybe an hour and a half if you have 6 alts? You can go into CQ, get it on an alt, get out and login another alt before the CQ episode expires. I would like to see being able to purchase an account wide freeze on CQP decay, if one needs to not play any character for a while for some reason, but only if it expires and the decay will start occurring in 48 more hours the moment any alt enters into a pvp situation, and only if the account bound purchase could be made once per week. CQP should have to be earned.
    Wrong- they NINJA nerfed time for decay, people were complaining about it and when I checked it is now 24hour timer again but u lose same amount as u would 48hour, it now drops faster

Tested on cleric

And this would be a great patron buff.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

you shouldn't have to plan rl schedule around a game to keep your toon from regressing its a absolute joke.

it's more of a chore then anything and making it tied to something most hate is even worse. would be like losing raid gear after a week of not raiding its baffling how this is still in place

(actually it's not trion knows there will be 8 people in cq if they got rid of the decay)
    Last edited by dday; 01-06-2014 at 01:04 PM.

When did they ninja nerf the decay back to 24h from 48h? I didn't CQ yesterday, so I should see a decay. Logging in as I post this ... nope, I'm still at 200k CQP and it's been over 24h since I was last in CQ. I did extend my Patron status for a month after all, just for FMoC because I still need 1 of 6 Freelancer essence. Maybe being a Patron gives 48h decay, but if not Patron then get 24h decay after that ninja nerf?
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
    LOL

I had 4 toons on at least 180k CQ power before I went on my holiday over Christmas. When I got back from my holiday I had 4 toons on 0 CQ power.

To get each one of my toons back to at least 180k it would probably take me about one month of pretty heavy CQ grinding.

Is this really something that is not a problem to you?

Plane Touched

I'll second this idea. I'm kind of running out of reasons to stay as a patron besides supporting the company of the game I enjoy. This would make it easier to resub.
    Rift PvP videos and Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/grimgamingrift
    Huge GIVEAWAYS every Saturday on the channel!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast