+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Future of PVP in Rift?

Soulwalker

Default Future of PVP in Rift?

Me and a group of friends recently decided to try Rift after taking a break from WoW. So far I'm pretty impressed with the game and I'm considering staying permanently, but we're all PVPers and the PVP feels a bit secondary from everything we've seen... still the potential is there. The combat is fluid and a there's wide variety of abilities at all times, which I love.

But I'd like to know if there's any plans for PVP to evolve in the future, like ranked warfronts, arenas, world PVP, etc. Again, I feel like there's so much that can be done with what Trion has... but so little ambition. Is there no love for PVPers in Rift?

Take it from someone who did only pvp for 2+ years, there's no "future" for pvp in rift. Conquest was the biggest thing they made for pvp after launch and it has been universally hated by pvpers and pvers.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Kovn View Post
    Me and a group of friends recently decided to try Rift after taking a break from WoW. So far I'm pretty impressed with the game and I'm considering staying permanently, but we're all PVPers and the PVP feels a bit secondary from everything we've seen... still the potential is there. The combat is fluid and a there's wide variety of abilities at all times, which I love.

But I'd like to know if there's any plans for PVP to evolve in the future, like ranked warfronts, arenas, world PVP, etc. Again, I feel like there's so much that can be done with what Trion has... but so little ambition. Is there no love for PVPers in Rift?

Better go back to WOW , trust me

Shadowlander

you have a long ways to go to come in now and want to pvp - gear up or cry - will take you about 3 to 6 months of pure pvp fun awsome times -

welcome to rift

what you're seeing now is what you're going to be stuck with for a very long time. there may or may not be a new cq coming (haven't heard anything about it from the devs in months), there may or may not be new content added with 3.0, really no one knows at this point.

trion has demonstrated time and time again that they just don't care about pvp. hell, they just added a bunch of new loading screens for various dimension zones, but still haven't added one for the library warfront, probably because dims make them a whole lot more money from people buying REX to decorate their virtual houses with virtual items.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Plane Touched

PvP in rift is just zerg vs zerg. There is a ranked 5v5 warfront, but there aren't any incentives to play it, so there aren't many 5v5 teams. There were a few suggestions tossed around here and there on how to enhance competition pvp, but I'm pretty sure they were ignored.

So if you like zerg vs zerg, stay with Rift, because you'll get plenty of that. If you like competitive team play, go back to wow.
    Last edited by Slowburn; 01-04-2014 at 04:30 PM.
    Nerfshot/Slowshot/Noobshot

remember back in sept. when some dev mentioned a pvp mount as a reward for pvp

http://i.imgur.com/9E2ml86.gif
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

there's so much that can be done with what Trion has... but so little ambition.
    This part of your post sums up pretty well how the majority of veteran pvp'ers in this game probably feel. When you hit level 60, expect to contiune grinding to increase your prestige rank and to work your way through the (imo) awful gear system.

I just returned to WoW 2 months ago, and in comparision I still think Rifts instanced pvp is more fun (wow is just a CC fest atm). Enjoy the pvp for what it is here but I wouldn't get your hopes up for anything new and exciting arriving in the future.

fzf
    Telaran

pvp is just a token feature in this game and it will stay that way for the foreseeable future.

being dog leashed to (a) healer(s) while taking pot shots at the enemy team is a skill in this game.

Ascendant

everyone playing rift pvp is just waiting for something better

don't bother yourself.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Rikalus View Post
    This part of your post sums up pretty well how the majority of veteran pvp'ers in this game probably feel. When you hit level 60, expect to continue grinding to increase your prestige rank and to work your way through the (imo) awful gear system.

I just returned to WoW 2 months ago, and in comparison I still think Rifts instanced pvp is more fun (wow is just a CC fest atm). Enjoy the pvp for what it is here but I wouldn't get your hopes up for anything new and exciting arriving in the future.
    It's a real shame, since I know for a fact there's a bunch of people looking for a fantasy game with a robust PVP system that just want an alternative to WoW... I personally have tried several others (Aion, GW2, SWTOR, etc) and Rift stands out as having the highest potential.

Plane Touched

It's a real shame, since I know for a fact there's a bunch of people looking for a fantasy game with a robust PVP system that just want an alternative to WoW... I personally have tried several others (Aion, GW2, SWTOR, etc) and Rift stands out as having the highest potential.
    Rift does have some serious potential, but for whatever reason, Trion just isn't that interested in PvP. So yea, definitely a shame.
    Nerfshot/Slowshot/Noobshot

Considering Trion only grants one pvp wish per year, I'm glad the community got 5v5s out of the way and done in 2013 so we can wish for something better this year.
    Last edited by Wing man; 01-04-2014 at 05:27 PM.

the best quote to apply to rift pvp for vets is

"you can wish in one hand and crap in the other, see which one fills up first"

trion is a business their business is in the store and things like dimensions, artifacts outfits and lock boxes for shinnies.

that's how they make their money and thats how they will continue to make their money because face it people rift pvp is nothing more than an after thought to the devs.

i mean the fact that we have no individual class devs so balance is awful and not pvp dev is a testament to what this company cares about.

I like the mechanics of Rift over other MMOs I've played. I don't really get into all the reward stuff. I've never whispered anybody in PvP, used an emote, but from a pure mechanics perspective I think Rift has endless potential.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast