+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Awesome Conquest Match

Plane Touched

Default Awesome Conquest Match

Figured I'd post this here since there isn't too much activity going on the PvP forums right now.

Out of hundreds of conquest matches I've played, this one was the best for me. For those of you that play Conquest often, you know how good this match is. Whats the best Conquest you guys have taken part in?

Hope you guys enjoy! (Yes, it is edited down to a reasonable length of time)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c22vQIkyRz0
    Rift PvP videos and Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/grimgamingrift
    Huge GIVEAWAYS every Saturday on the channel!

I sir admire your fps in conquest mine sucks , if I made a video if conquest it would look like stop motion animation

I was in that match!
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    I was in that match!
    Pffft you guys got lucky!

Epic match ! So rare ^^ . Thanks for sharing.
    Lanfeara@Brisesol

Plane Touched

It was great leading you did there, Rg! Can't believe how close it got at times. Hopefully I get into more epic matches like this. Usually its a steamroll or a never-ending match.

Plane Touched

And I know you have some good conquest stories Rg. Entertain us!

Plane Walker

In case you needed confirmation that warriors are over-tuned/OP, this video should help prove the point ..lol. (And, I'm speaking about the video from earlier in the raid before the Calvary showed up.)

Anyway, what software are you using to create the video? I was thinking I might do one for how it feels to play as a bard ;)

Quote Originally Posted by GrimTheGamer View Post
    And I know you have some good conquest stories Rg. Entertain us!
    There was a really good match a few nights ago, 1100 kills gone in 1 fight. I think it went:

Nf took hc, oath hit nf, Dom sandwiched oath and finished nf, oath came behind dom, nf came behind oath, nf beat oath and focused Dom, oath came back and hit dom from north, Dom cane back and wiped both which started timer

It was a 15 minute match and all the kills were gone
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Plane Touched

Dang, wish I would have taken part in that match. I'm always rushing to get kills the day before reset since I put it off for so long.

As for my connection to where I can do recording without lag, here is the rundown. I have a really good computer with 100 meg internet. I almost never lag except when I was livestreaming. Then it didn't matter what I did, I would drop frames (and look laggy to those viewing it) even if my gameplay was crystal clear on my end. Conquest was where it got super terrible, even on my end when livestreaming. That is one of the reasons I quit livestreaming. But if I wasn't livestreaming, I could do a Conquest on above Ultra settings (put it on Ultra settings then turn everything up even more) with almost no lag. I was in High-to-Ultra settings for this video. I tend to stay off Ultra or higher settings because the videos look too dark with all the shadows and shading that goes on.

The recording software I use is Fraps along with a 720p webcam (which I didn't use in this video). Eventually need to get a 1080p webcam since I want my videos to look the best possible. Maybe my face in 1080p will make the videos look worse? Haha.

And to the person that mentioned maybe doing a video for Youtube sometime, do it! More Rift content, the better. The editing program I use is Adobe Premiere.

Hope this wasn't too long of a reply. Sorry if it was!

Here's the problem I have with these threads....

Someone goes "OMG SUCH A GREAT MATCH" then others chime in like "Yeah tons of fun" or "OMG had to be there" ect...

This inspires your local scrubs to give CQ a try and 9 out of 10 times it will be horrible grinds or steamroller matches driving them away again.

Protip: When you have a great match don't just say it. Tell the community what made the match fun. Tell the community what kind of effort it took and how. Tell the community if you were solo, duo, a group, or premade/raid.

These kind of blanket feedback posts are fine when everyone can relate, but considering how badly Rift needs fresh blood into an otherwise horrible pvp scenario (CQ powah grind) then this small talk isn't going to cut it Nancy!

P.S.

Recording matches then expecting players to "watch someone else playing" is taking the lazy way out. Describe what kind of fun you had so we can feel the passion through your words. Videos didn't work for Screamo and they won't work for some other random pvp scrub.

<insert comment about lazy kids these days>
    Last edited by Wing man; 01-04-2014 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    Protip: When you have a great match don't just say it. Tell the community what made the match fun. Tell the community what kind of effort it took and how. Tell the community if you were solo, duo, a group, or premade/raid.
    It's exactly what the video is showing (have you ever watched it ?). At first you can see how screwed the CQ seems to be. But Grim insisted and at the arrival of the premade & the lead then it turned out fun. You can truly see what kind of effort is needed in the video for the CQ to turn out fun.
    Last edited by Lanfeara; 01-04-2014 at 10:25 PM.
    Lanfeara@Brisesol

Plane Touched

Hrm? Not sure where you are going with that comment. I'm assuming you are saying I should have narrated it with voice rather than text in the video? I usually talk in every single video I do. I just didn't in this particular one.

The reason for a video like this one is to showcase a match that usually doesn't happen. If I was recording just average gameplay, I'd definitely talk to make it more interesting. I think this match kind of stuck out as great in what happened, not due to my gameplay or anything that needed the usual narration to make better.

Sorry if I'm missing your meaning. Your post kind of jumped around on what you were saying so I wasn't following as clearly as you were meaning it.

But I did highlight how the match started off bad and could have kept going that way. I even highlighted people leaving. A few times of me dying was enough of a point on that. Then the turn around that happened. How hope was returning. Then the razor-thin avoiding timer in-which I zoomed in on. Not real sure where I went wrong if you are saying the video was bad.

Or maybe you are just talking about the comments? Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimTheGamer View Post
    I think this match kind of stuck out as great in what happened, not due to my gameplay or anything that needed the usual narration to make better.
    That's great for YOU but to the rest of us... it means nothing. In your own words it needs nothing more added to it, yet you thrust it out onto a public forum to share with everone, but all you have to share is a contextless video.

That is why you got called out on the crap that it is. It's only going to appeal to players who "get it" when this game needs those aspects.. ESPECIALLY pvp aspects shown to a broader audience so they can get it too. Fan service is one thing, but how about making new fans out of non-believers? Then my son you're making real progress.
    Last edited by Wing man; 01-04-2014 at 10:38 PM.

Plane Touched

Ouch, not sure why the hostility? No one else is reacting that way.

Why watch any video ever then when it happened for someone else and not to you? If something interesting happens in the game, I like to watch a video of it if I didn't get to take part in it.

If you don't enjoy watching others' gameplay, why be upset when others do enjoy it?

I'm not trying to be a smart butt. Just wondering whats the point in saying you are calling me out when its just your personal preference not to enjoy videos like this?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast