+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: CQ pullers

Default CQ pullers

Okay so i dont post often on forums but this is just plain annoying. Warriors can pull like every 10 seconds, it gets worse in CQ. I am not qq'ing about it i just ask you opinion on it.

Wouldn't it be fair to debuff the target for 2 minuts orso? Like:
    • You get pulled
    • You will get a debuff for 2min
    • After the debuff has worn off , you can get pulled again..

Don't ask for any internet fights , just opinions

Ciao -G

target gets 'grounded' for 8 seconds actually.

Time flys when your trying to bhopp away from a zerg being rendered from thin air.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 01-04-2014 at 08:05 AM.

Currently in CQ warriors have limited choices...

1) Play a melee spec and get roflganked when they run into the opposition zerg
    2) Play tempest and melt low HP opposition when wavelength's off cooldown
    3) Play a tank, and yank opposition players into their own team to kill them

Removing a warrior tank's option to pull the opposition pretty much removes the effectiveness of having a warrior tank up at the front of your force, leaving you with option 1, where you die a lot, or option 2 where you pretend to be a caster. Please leave us at least a few crumbs from the cake.

Ascendant

The only problem with pulling is that it's very low in the tree so every warrior spec can go for it.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

I've personally always had a strong dislike for any skill (regardless of game, actually) that lets someone else decide where my character is. Roots, stun, charm etc is all fine since it stops me from moving. But moving me forcibly somewhere outside of my own control is detrimental to the game for me. It just feels wrong.

Soulwalker

Situational Awareness would like to have a word with you.

Seriously though if you get pulled you have a myriad of options: you can blink, stun, disengage, slip away, sheep, use defensive CD. And you can even charge an enemy to get out of harms way.

Default suggestions

Pulling is a fun part of mechanics in CQ! I actually sacrifice more of other roles to have more tanks (less dps & heals) that can pull when I build premades. When leading, I remind my team and raids often to stay at max range during encounters (unless you are a tank). Don't be that guy (or near that guy) that gets targetted and pulled. I have friends (and frenemies) that frequently end up on the opposing teams during matches, and literally have a /tar line with my name on it in their macros for pulling. We all get a good laugh when it works, but I do my best to do my job and contribute... at max range (unless I am tanking). Lastly, if your pvp builds do not contain any utility, you may want to revisit them. Generally, you aren't sacrificing much for that extra range, cc breaker, or port/run away ability (a dead toon is far less useful than one that sacrificed some spell power or attack power for utility). Most of the pvp guides in the class guide sections take this into consideration. If you can't find a guide you are looking for on these forums, there are guides specifically oriented for conquest for almost every viable spec for every class here. Ultimately, knowing how meaningful the impact of pulling can be during cq encounters, use this to your advantage before and when you go in. Make some friends with void knights and warlords and ask them to go in with you. Where should you go to quickly find new friends that would be willing to group up with you and use pulls every cq match? Join a public channel dedicated to forming/joining premades for conquest that welcomes everyone. A good example is the hello kitty in-game chat channel. To join type this ingame:

/join hellokitty@hailol

I hope all this helps!

~Cheers

Assistant
    Last edited by Marnos; 01-04-2014 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    The only problem with pulling is that it's very low in the tree so every warrior spec can go for it.
    you have to go pretty deep into the soul to get a pull that is actually worth using in CQ.

while technically every warrior spec can have a pull, and many even do, most of those specs aren't being used to pull you in CQ. if a spec that is not deep warlord of voidknight does pull you, you can die with the knowledge that the warrior who pulled you has most likely died as well.

as for my opinion on the OPs suggestions:
    sure, if we put a 2min immunity on ALL other forms of CC. otherwise, no.

I'd prefer to see no immunity to pulls, just so we could all lol when multiple warriors chain their pulls on one player.
    the way it currently is now, if you get pulled once and live long enough to get pulled a second time...wtf were you still doing in the warriors pull range?

I'd like to also propose a 2 min immunity to dom mana/energy drains...and rogue drains too for that matter.

I am willing to meet you half way over the pulls. I can accept even the complete removal of pulls from the game, if ALL ranged damage and heals are nerfed by no less than 35%.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    you have to go pretty deep into the soul to get a pull that is actually worth using in CQ.

while technically every warrior spec can have a pull, and many even do, most of those specs aren't being used to pull you in CQ. if a spec that is not deep warlord of voidknight does pull you, you can die with the knowledge that the warrior who pulled you has most likely died as well.

as for my opinion on the OPs suggestions:
    sure, if we put a 2min immunity on ALL other forms of CC. otherwise, no.

I'd prefer to see no immunity to pulls, just so we could all lol when multiple warriors chain their pulls on one player.
    the way it currently is now, if you get pulled once and live long enough to get pulled a second time...wtf were you still doing in the warriors pull range?

I'd like to also propose a 2 min immunity to dom mana/energy drains...and rogue drains too for that matter.

I am willing to meet you half way over the pulls. I can accept even the complete removal of pulls from the game, if ALL ranged damage and heals are nerfed by no less than 35%.
    more CC less QQ... but seriously: sad part is enough wars pulling aren't pushing immediately afterwards, at least to get attention on the forums. Until that happens, I think the issue is a tentatively negligible one. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Marnos View Post
    more CC less QQ... but seriously: sad part is enough wars pulling aren't pushing immediately afterwards, at least to get attention on the forums. Until that happens, I think the issue is a tentatively negligible one. =/
    why are you waiting for the warriors to push?
    rogues, mages, and clerics have just as much chance of surviving the push as a warrior does.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Rift Disciple

Pulling is the main job of a VK. Nerf it, and nobody will play it.

But since everyone knows that warriors are underpowered, they should buff VK instead, and every other warrior soul.

Have always said the worst part about the pull is it seems to mechanically over-ride so many movement abilities. I know it sure doesn't give a damn about re-treat, it tramples over that mechanic.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I hate being pulled , I get out of most of the time but it pisses me off cuz I will be way in the back and get yanked from way back but i have to practically be smelling someone's *** to heal them in range . Why as the damn range on that pull ?

lol yea, only aoe dps is viable in cq! warriors have no other options but to run tank specs!

assist macros are apparently too far beyond the comprehension of rift players to put to use
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    lol yea, only aoe dps is viable in cq! warriors have no other options but to run tank specs!

assist macros are apparently too far beyond the comprehension of rift players to put to use
    Come on man seriously, assist trains vs 80 people with 5fps? ill take 4, 1 button sabs doing 10k damage over your assist train any day in cq.

side note delete pulls and make tanks not be a gimic, turn reaver into an aoe dps soul while you are at it.
    Last edited by dday; 01-04-2014 at 03:28 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast