+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: If I'm a Guardian, let me play as a GUARDIAN in pvp !

Soulwalker

Default If I'm a Guardian, let me play as a GUARDIAN in pvp !

They really need to do something about switching factions during PVP, it's becoming quite annoying playing for the opposition and losing because most of the defiants that play in PVP are normally AFK...

There is no such thing as Guardian in PvP warfronts, only blue. You were randomly assigned to a team.

Your opinion is irrelevant now because the final decision has been made. Factions do not exist in warfronts now.

The no faction rule was put into effect because the player base was declining fast therefor making que times insanely loeng. Now that being said I highly doubt rift will have the player base it had back before this change was made so I guess I should say just deal with it or find another game like most have already.
    Last edited by Rexxer; 01-04-2014 at 07:48 AM.
    I shouldn't have to pve to pvp.

Tough **** OP. Read the forums before creating another thread on a topic that has been killed to death.

Quote Originally Posted by sammanu View Post
    They really need to do something about switching factions during PVP, it's becoming quite annoying playing for the opposition and losing because most of the defiants that play in PVP are normally AFK...
    first, the good news: for the last few weeks (months, even) you have never played for the defiant team. no, not even once. simply hasn't happened, because it cant happen. you see...there is no defiant side in pvp. nor is there a guardian side.

that is the bad news. you will never be able to play for the guardian team in pvp because there is no guardian team in pvp.

I know these are pretty hard concepts to get your heard around. kinda like finding out there is no santa, easter bunny, or tooth fairy. (um...you do know about them, right?).

anyway, to save us all some time, and to save you from looking even more foolish than you already are, I suggest you search these forums on the subject and learn a bit more about how the game works.

good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Rift Disciple

I agree, I really don't like this mercenary stuff. I hope that, with the new influx of players due to f2p, they'll reconsider it.
    Not keeping my hopes up though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gkon View Post
    I agree, I really don't like this mercenary stuff. I hope that, with the new influx of players due to f2p, they'll reconsider it.
    Not keeping my hopes up though.
    did you even read anything before you posted?

mercenary doesn't exist.
    how can you dislike something that doesn't exist?
    how can they reconsider something that doesn't exist?

there does not exist enough faces, nor enough palms, for me to fully express the degree of misunderstanding displayed by your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    did you even read anything before you posted?

mercenary doesn't exist.
    how can you dislike something that doesn't exist?
    how can they reconsider something that doesn't exist?

there does not exist enough faces, nor enough palms, for me to fully express the degree of misunderstanding displayed by your post.
    Wow, really? So what is that little icon that says 'you're temporarily playing for the other side' mean?
    Last edited by Gkon; 01-04-2014 at 12:58 PM.

Wow, really? So what is that little icon that says 'you're temporarily playing for the other side' mean?
    Nothing at all.

It means you started in the blue teams zone, but now you're playing for the red team. I doubt you personally did, but I spent the time to learn the lore and hate the guardians for blind zealotry, so I chose defiant. I'm not fighting for the guardians when I'm on the blue team. The guardians, the defiants, they're gone. You fight for yourself in PvP.
    Lockshock - 60 Mage R90
    Zeraxis - 60 Rogue R85
    If you need me, I'm on archeage now. Blight, on Inoch.
    Scratch that, it would be Blight on Thunderwing now, but I quit AA so I'm back as Lockshock on Vigil

Plane Walker

I heard you still play as a guardian on either the blue or red team.

Matchmaking system was changed in 2.5. I know you didn't know because there's no sticky explaining what you should know so that you know. Argue with that guy, not us.

PS Now it's your turn to link that link for those who need the link. Do it at least 500 times per week and you'll get to be on your own faction once per month.
    Last edited by Taptap; 01-04-2014 at 01:39 PM.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    Nothing at all.
    So first you insult me with your childish remarks and then your response adds nothing. Perhaps you should slap your forehead a bit more, might get some sense into it that way.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by JackSteel View Post
    It means you started in the blue teams zone, but now you're playing for the red team. I doubt you personally did, but I spent the time to learn the lore and hate the guardians for blind zealotry, so I chose defiant. I'm not fighting for the guardians when I'm on the blue team. The guardians, the defiants, they're gone. You fight for yourself in PvP.
    No, it does not mean that, if it would it would state 'you are playing for the blue or red team'. And don't assume anything, you sound condescending, and there is no need for that.

So first you insult me with your childish remarks and then your response adds nothing. Perhaps you should slap your forehead a bit more, might get some sense into it that way.
    Nope, it actually means nothing at all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast