+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Should Heals/Damage off Trinkets take into account damage reduction?

  1. #1
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    281

    Default Should Heals/Damage off Trinkets take into account damage reduction?

    Right now, Healers/Dps are getting really out of hand. And would probably get worst if this change isn't implemented.

    Ultane relic healing trinkets that makes a target seemingly heal for 8-9k every 2 seconds, Dps that do an additional random 2.5k damage every few seconds.

    There's no reason at all to be having flat non-mitigate damage in pvp, losing 10% of my hp due to a random proc and doesn't even take a gcd to refresh proc is extremely stupid.

    Likewise for heals, an additional 4k heal on top of a 4k heal is also utterly absurd.

    Flat out nerf this trinkets and add into account both resist and valor damage reduction.
    You can't purge it, CC it and literally only able to hand RNGesus with the wheel and hope that your procs outweighs theirs.
    Last edited by harrydesmart; 01-03-2014 at 05:25 PM.

  2. #2
    Ascendant dday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    trinkets should be bolstered like any other piece of gear. its absurd they are bis for pvp. would love to see the pvers response if rank 90 weapons were BIS for pve.

    then televised would never get a killing spree again though, so he needs that crutch to partner up with his pack of defilers

  3. #3
    Ascendant WhozDat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harrydesmart View Post
    Right now, Healers/Dps are getting really out of hand. And would probably get worst if this change isn't implemented.

    Ultane relic healing trinkets that makes a target seemingly heal for 8-9k every 2 seconds, Dps that do an additional random 2.5k damage every few seconds.

    There's no reason at all to be having flat non-mitigate damage in pvp, losing 10% of my hp due to a random proc and doesn't even take a gcd to refresh proc is extremely stupid.

    Likewise for heals, an additional 4k heal on top of a 4k heal is also utterly absurd.

    Flat out nerf this trinkets and add into account both resist and valor damage reduction.
    You can't purge it, CC it and literally only able to hand RNGesus with the wheel and hope that your procs outweighs theirs.
    We here at Trion Lockbox World Incorporated Gambling Casino Lockbox (We know, it's complicated), simply want you to enjoy all aspects of Rift!

    Why should you, as PvP'ers, be any different then PvE'rs? They have to join for 2-3 minutes every 2 days to get CQ power!

    It's only fair to force you to do multiple current tier 10-20 man raids and experts for a small chance at a trinket, grind for dozens of hours for rep, infinity stones and plat, so you can compete too!

    ~Generic Signature #323-490
    Last edited by WhozDat; 01-03-2014 at 07:36 PM.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

    Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

  4. #4
    Ascendant Jeffreys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,680

    Default

    Trion is a mess

    (Call me Cpt Obvious)
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    trinkets should be bolstered like any other piece of gear. its absurd they are bis for pvp. would love to see the pvers response if rank 90 weapons were BIS for pve.

    then televised would never get a killing spree again though, so he needs that crutch to partner up with his pack of defilers
    You assume we want this to be the case, when we do not. Do you want conquest power to affect pve?

    However, a lot of us will do whatever it takes to get BiS. When PvP gear was BiS in HK/ID (ID mainly for the endurance) we complained, but still got the gear and used it.

    Just like now, any PvP-oriented players looking for that edge in PvP would farm Ultane each week if they actually wanted to min/max. That tank trinket is godmode.
    Last edited by Ahov; 01-03-2014 at 08:08 PM.

  6. #6
    Ascendant WhozDat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    You assume we want this to be the case, when we do not. Do you want conquest power to affect pve?

    However, a lot of us will do whatever it takes to get BiS. When PvP gear was BiS in HK/ID (ID mainly for the endurance) we complained, but still got the gear and used it.

    Just like now, any PvP-oriented players looking for that edge in PvP would farm Ultane each week if they actually wanted to min/max. That tank trinket is godmode.
    Lies. We know this is all a pve-centric Addiction conspiracy to keep pvpers down.

    /tinfoilhat
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

    Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

  7. #7
    Plane Touched Moirg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    254

    Default

    Go get your trinket, or stop complaining IDC which.

    The "pure" dmg aspect of trinkets/greaters is there for a reason in pve, but happens to work in pvp. If they were to nerf that in any way and make it scale down it would ruin the entire point.

  8. #8
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moirg View Post
    Go get your trinket, or stop complaining IDC which.

    The "pure" dmg aspect of trinkets/greaters is there for a reason in pve, but happens to work in pvp. If they were to nerf that in any way and make it scale down it would ruin the entire point.
    So you are saying that a double proc of 7k damage in less than 3 seconds just based only on trinket procs is not overpowered? Or are you indicating for it to be fixed to actually have a damage reduction in pvp?

    I'm not saying a total destructive nerf on damage dealt, but still, having 5 gcds of damage tied together into 2 attacks is utterly stupid. Having a 60% reduction in damage/heals would suffice. An additional random proc of 1k damage or heals of 1.5k is definitely much better for balance. The additional huge endurance stat boosts from ultane trinket is considerably the balance to the aoe proc-healing trinket that's readily accessible that has less stats.

    It literally changes from getting 50% of your hp burst away to a unhealable 75-90%. Or you can actually dent a 38k pure endurance built sentinel without crosshealing.
    Last edited by harrydesmart; 01-03-2014 at 11:15 PM.

  9. #9
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    391

    Default

    I wouldn't care if it worked both ways, just like all the rank 6 gear and synergy crystals were nerfed because they were good in pve. Trion wants you to engage in all aspects of the game . BIS pvp gear should rock the house in pve too so people can.

  10. #10
    Ascendant WhozDat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Motoboat View Post
    I wouldn't care if it worked both ways, just like all the rank 6 gear and synergy crystals were nerfed because they were good in pve. Trion wants you to engage in all aspects of the game . BIS pvp gear should rock the house in pve too so people can.
    People do engage in all aspects of the game.

    Joining a cq at timer every 2 days after 3 years of playing is easily equivalent to the time spent to get a set of expert gear, grind experts for t1 raid gear, grind t1 raids for t2 raid ready gear, then to grind a t2 10 man until you get the trinket for psuedo-demigod status.

    You're biased. It's obvious.

    /sarcasm
    Last edited by WhozDat; 01-04-2014 at 12:09 AM.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

    Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

  11. #11
    Ascendant dday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    You assume we want this to be the case, when we do not. Do you want conquest power to affect pve?

    However, a lot of us will do whatever it takes to get BiS. When PvP gear was BiS in HK/ID (ID mainly for the endurance) we complained, but still got the gear and used it.

    Just like now, any PvP-oriented players looking for that edge in PvP would farm Ultane each week if they actually wanted to min/max. That tank trinket is godmode.
    I was kidding about your guildie so don't get your panties in a bunch and the qq thread would blow up the internet if rank 90 weapons were bis in pve. you act like getting the pve trinket is easy for the average raider nm the average pvper. and cq power in earned through a grind not skill our even participation. if I could afk my way to that pve trinket I would never complain.

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    I was kidding about your guildie so don't get your panties in a bunch and the qq thread would blow up the internet if rank 90 weapons were bis in pve. you act like getting the pve trinket is easy for the average raider nm the average pvper. and cq power in earned through a grind not skill our even participation. if I could afk my way to that pve trinket I would never complain.
    I always get the sense that the average PvPer will downplay semi-difficult encounters as "scripted" and pretend that every single warfront they're in is harder. By that logic, they should have no problems coming in and roflstomping Ultane.

    And actually...I'm not so sure the forums would blow up as much as you think, if PvP weapons were bis in PvE. PvP weapons were bis on Laethys progression due to the endurance, but I don't recall people crying about that too much. Sure, we were a bit upset, but we did what was necessary to get the extra endurance and survive multiple mechanics hitting simultaneously. I think most casual raiders would even see it as an opportunity to gear their character out without having to down content which is at least a year from being killable by their standards.
    Last edited by Ahov; 01-04-2014 at 02:00 AM.

  13. #13
    Ascendant dday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    I always get the sense that the average PvPer will downplay semi-difficult encounters as "scripted" and pretend that every single warfront they're in is harder. By that logic, they should have no problems coming in and roflstomping Ultane.

    And actually...I'm not so sure the forums would blow up as much as you think, if PvP weapons were bis in PvE. PvP weapons were bis on Laethys progression due to the endurance, but I don't recall people crying about that too much. Sure, we were a bit upset, but we did what was necessary to get the extra endurance and survive multiple mechanics hitting simultaneously. I think most casual raiders would even see it as an opportunity to gear their character out without having to down content which is at least a year from being killable by their standards.
    I do both and the organization alone makes pve much harder. I don't think pve as an individual is harder but you need everyone on the same page and focused to clear content. also again pvp takes no skill to get gear so it's never really an issue. if I could get bis trinket from farming hunt rifts then I wouldn't care but having to down the last boss in a t2 ten man is ridiculous. hell there are a lot of full time raiders who aren't there yet
    Last edited by dday; 01-04-2014 at 02:25 AM.

  14. #14
    Ascendant WhozDat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    I do both and the organization alone makes pve much harder. I don't think pve as an individual is harder but you need everyone on the same page and focused to clear content. also again pvp takes no skill to get gear so it's never really an issue. if I could get bis trinket from farming hunt rifts then I wouldn't care but having to down the last boss in a t2 ten man is ridiculous. hell there are a lot of full time raiders who aren't there yet
    There's alot of full time pvpers who aren't even able to break 200k damage in a 45 minute port scion using tactician.

    Full time and competency are two completely segregated things. Then for pve, you have to figure in the social aspect of it all. There's alot more people capable of doing the content that's out, including the t2 raids. Possibly even individuals better then whose best now.

    Now getting those individuals away from whatever guild they're in, whatever obligations they have, and into the same place, like you said, is a feat of organization few are able to accomplish.
    Last edited by WhozDat; 01-04-2014 at 02:35 AM.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

    Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

  15. #15
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harrydesmart View Post
    Right now, Healers/Dps are getting really out of hand. And would probably get worst if this change isn't implemented.

    Ultane relic healing trinkets that makes a target seemingly heal for 8-9k every 2 seconds, Dps that do an additional random 2.5k damage every few seconds.

    There's no reason at all to be having flat non-mitigate damage in pvp, losing 10% of my hp due to a random proc and doesn't even take a gcd to refresh proc is extremely stupid.

    Likewise for heals, an additional 4k heal on top of a 4k heal is also utterly absurd.

    Flat out nerf this trinkets and add into account both resist and valor damage reduction.
    You can't purge it, CC it and literally only able to hand RNGesus with the wheel and hope that your procs outweighs theirs.
    Have you checked out the cashshop lately? Great deals!


    -Trion

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts