+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Harb/chloro pvp build. is this good?

Shadowlander

Default Harb/chloro pvp build. is this good?

http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zcaRdvEd...zvVxRubkrukbsh

intended to be a 1v1 spec. what do you guys think?

It's only good for 1v1, and surprisingly tricky to play effectively against a strong opponent.
    Enforcer | Schwarzeneggar | Enforced <-- Myrmidon

Tempagon PvP Video

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by superomegaOP View Post
    http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zcaRdvEd...zvVxRubkrukbsh

intended to be a 1v1 spec. what do you guys think?
    meh tenchar
    yolo swagged out 2 the max pulls. first gay vk in rift. lf cute boys. hmu valenroth@faeblight

Try this build. You need the 61 in order to do 15s of melee from range (yes, from range) every 30s via Phantom Blades. Very seldom do you use Empyrean Ascension, it's powerful but I use it mostly for its AoE stun effects - if my team notices then they take that opportunity to AoE dps around my EA form. You will be rage killed the moment you lose that AE form, since everyone affected by it will have you targeted by then (it's an "I was pulled and I'm gonna die so I'm gonna try to get a sack lunch" response, mostly). You should use Reaper's Blade with it. Keybind the armor, that's all that can be stripped (all they strip from me anyway). Keybind the Planar Shield. This build requires 4 well designed macros (one for melee slash attacks (can't be silenced), one for range, one for escape, one for combination range/melee). Good macro design is a must, IMO. Keybind your two charge at enemy abilities (macro), and separately keybind your "jump back" ability. Lots more keybinds are needed for situational where macros can't cut it. Keep using Lifebound Veil, it gives a 5s boost in spell power each use (this stacks with other boosts). The 3 Ele is just to get more crits, nice if they happen when you're stacking. I've pulled bursts (on turrets) of just barely over 5k, but otherwise its dps isn't very good (about 2.5k) and it's main purpose is cc (it's very good at cc, macro that stuff) and if people assist through you the target goes down very fast due to your cc. You will work it both on front and back lines.

You need 1 melee weapon, one single-hand staff, and a wand with it. It does both melee and range, and respectable splash heals as a side product. It will take at least a week to get used to the build, it's a situational build and thus not at all just macro. 15s of cc, 15s of decent dps (range or melee) with cc, every 30s. Not the best burst build for a mage though. Dps gets better with Warlord (R80) weapons, it's of best value as cc and splash heals until then. The build can outlast many other builds and heal through their damage if played right, but it won't be a burst leader. It really does take practice to use it right. As with most any build, some can take it down easily. But many builds will curse at you. Stay near healers and protect them, you are after all a melee build (that does it at range).
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

as far as 1v1 goes, the op's build is better i didn't look at the exact point spread but it seemed right or atleast close to it, what you do need to do though is change your 0 point to archon for SV, that spec scales with HP and it helps you get some buffs up to block purges.

http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zczRdvld...0RvVxRubdrzdbR

that's the build i use, is it the better than 39 harb? i don't know, before R90 i was consistently getting more healing out of that spec and it's what i liked to use. as far as how to play it, that's for you to figure out

Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post

that's the build i use, is it the better than 39 harb? i don't know, before R90 i was consistently getting more healing out of that spec and it's what i liked to use. as far as how to play it, that's for you to figure out
    Harbinger is a soul that is macro friendly but still needs much micro management via keybinds, it's versatile but that means situational. Much underplayed, IMO, and not that easy to manage. Different ways to play it. I like my build because it lets me melee from range with slash attacks, but that requires 61 in it. And I like to cc. I went the points in Ele for crits only because putting them into what I already have in Chloro didn't help, it still needed more in Chloro (like that build you show, but that one lacks what 61 Harbinger gives). But for more heals that's a good build of yours for sure, but then I'd start thinking about just going Chloro instead. But Harbinger soul is much more versatile than it's given credit for, I feel; yet it's still situational and it's not all macro. To each their own, it's a fun soul that can be built differently and surprise the enemy that thinks it's a role built a different way, lol.
    Specter

Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
    Harbinger is a soul that is macro friendly but still needs much micro management via keybinds, it's versatile but that means situational. Much underplayed, IMO, and not that easy to manage. Different ways to play it. I like my build because it lets me melee from range with slash attacks, but that requires 61 in it. And I like to cc. I went the points in Ele for crits only because putting them into what I already have in Chloro didn't help, it still needed more in Chloro (like that build you show, but that one lacks what 61 Harbinger gives). But for more heals that's a good build of yours for sure, but then I'd start thinking about just going Chloro instead. But Harbinger soul is much more versatile than it's given credit for, I feel; yet it's still situational and it's not all macro. To each their own, it's a fun soul that can be built differently and surprise the enemy that thinks it's a role built a different way, lol.
    are you just spewing out random facts in an attempt to seem like you know how the game works? the thread is about a 1v1 spec, not about the versatility of harb.

its as good as you make the build. in pvp you have to know how to work with others. no matter how good the built is you need to work as a team.
    Mutilplayer coming Soon.

As much as it truly pains me to say , Wickede is right here. The whole strength of the build is using Eldritch procs to insta cast natural healing on yourself. Its a troll build designed around stunlocks snares and heals. As soon as u loose the insta cast natural healing by going into more harb you have to pray your Harb burst cd's are enuf to win the fight because inquisitors and nightblades are gonna eat you by trolling out the fight.

Any true 1v1 spec in any class is gonna have charges or teleports. You arent getting away from a nightblade or warlord, or outranging an inquisitor. Phantom blades is useless as a true offensive weapon in PvP. Its for PVE disconnects. Why do you think no rogue trys a straight up duel as pure MM? He might get lucky now and then with some mighty crits but most troll specs are gonna charge/snare stun him down. Thats my experience anyway. What do I know.... I PvP at level 60 in every class in the game.
    Last edited by The Ic0N; 01-03-2014 at 01:58 PM.
    Enforcer | Schwarzeneggar | Enforced <-- Myrmidon

Tempagon PvP Video

Quote Originally Posted by The Ic0N View Post
    As much as it truly pains me to say , Wickede is right here. The whole strength of the build is using Eldritch procs to insta cast natural healing on yourself. Its a troll build designed around stunlocks snares and heals. As soon as u loose the insta cast natural healing by going into more harb you have to pray your Harb burst cd's are enuf to win the fight because inquisitors and nightblades are gonna eat you by trolling out the fight.

Any true 1v1 spec in any class is gonna have charges or teleports. You arent getting away from a nightblade or warlord, or outranging an inquisitor. Phantom blades is useless as a true offensive weapon in PvP. Its for PVE disconnects. Why do you think no rogue trys a straight up duel as pure MM? He might get lucky now and then with some mighty crits but most troll specs are gonna charge/snare stun him down. Thats my experience anyway. What do I know.... I PvP at level 60 in every class in the game.
    Yea but you're really bad and your wife is better then you

I've always been a fan of more offensive variants that actually aren't as good at 1v1s like 54harb/16chloro/6ele or something.

are you just spewing out random facts in an attempt to seem like you know how the game works? the thread is about a 1v1 spec, not about the versatility of harb.
    No, I think you took my comment wrong wickede. I wasn't challenging you nor did I say any of the builds given are bad or the best - they are all best in some ways and not so good in other ways. I don't like, for myself, that much Chloro because for me it makes it too defensive.

OP, try all the builds. Then tweak them, see if you can do better. I gave an alternative that works well for me, and commented in ways that describe why for other readers who aren't familiar with the Harbinger soul itself. I meant to be helpful, not to say it's the best. I don't think any build is the best of all. It depends on how you like to play, defensively or offensively and you didn't specify that. The build I provided is a tweak of one that was months ago suggested for me to try, and I found that I like it for my 1v1 and team play. Good luck and have fun.
    Specter

Shadowlander

personally i like my build because thats the maximum damage im going to get without losing healing touch or any of my defensive talents in harb. it reminds me of the insta flash of lights i used to get from art of war playing as a ret pally during wrath. which is why i made this spec personally. i dont think i can make the spec better(damage wise) without really sacrificing core skills.

Shadowlander

well yeah youd get consistently more healing because you have more points into chloro but why do you have synthesis and nature's touch for 1v1? completely useless for the mage at-least.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast