+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Pvp cleric defiler question

Default Pvp cleric defiler question

So my fiancÚ just bought me the new soles yesterday , anyways I'm very comfortable healing sentinel ( I didn't say great lol ) I want to try defiler but not at the sake of sucking in wf and causes losses for experimenting ., not saying I'm so great I cause wins , but I feel I help my team pretty well most of the time. One of my weakness is I am not a super fast learner , what's a good place to practice this spec , reg 5 man ?

Should probably start here, with DFS's guide. http://i.imgur.com/vpAExO5.jpg

Fatez also has a guide somewhere on youtube
    Last edited by SWGMOD010; 01-01-2014 at 08:48 AM.

Also, Stormzill
    STORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORM

Ascendant

Do not use the 5 or 10% link if there is another defiler on your team or they may go to your house and kneecap you. Preferably do not use defiler at all is there is another one on the team.

If you want to practice in an environment where no one cares what you do you should do it in conquest. The skill cap is always low and no one will notice if you are the world's worst healer.

Just link heals and support to start.. this gives dps aneurysms when they see healers with links lol..

Defiler is multitudes easier than Sent imo. If you were able to pick-up/figure out sent you will soar past defiler.

Pre-load burst heals, learn to be a boss with 25% less hp (get power in between needing to hit heals), spot heal without burst when you can pull it off, link whoever is taking brutality, dot heals up on people for procs in between.

edit: put 5 - 10% links (imo 10% link is good for pug wfs tbhbbq) on someones melee pet. Can always get frisky and have an extra pain transmission proc or rogue de-stealther (pain transmission aoe to uncover rogues nearby people)
    Last edited by Violacea; 01-01-2014 at 09:44 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    Do not use the 5 or 10% link if there is another defiler on your team or they may go to your house and kneecap you. Preferably do not use defiler at all is there is another one on the team.

If you want to practice in an environment where no one cares what you do you should do it in conquest. The skill cap is always low and no one will notice if you are the world's worst healer.
    My fps is so low in CQ I prob am the worst healer lol , I'll give that a shot

61 defiler / 11 cabalist (for a second break free) / 4 points in sent or puri will give you the DPS symbol rather than the heal symbol. That way no one will know you're healing so they'll just think you're a DPS cleric baddie rather than a noob defiler baddie. I rarely use that spec but I do have it in my role list and I've been cursed at for being a "DPS cleric" while using it.

Make sure you have the defiler crystal and at least 4 piece WL. Hideous Reconstruction is an amazing HOT...use it on as many people if you can. If there's a lot of burst damage going everywhere it may not be possible to keep HT up on a ton of people, which is okay, but try to always have it on the people taking the most damage.

Don't over-rely on Explosive Growth except when people are taking a crapload of damage that can't be healed through without it. It's better to swap your links, use HT and spam Loathsome than to always be using Explosive, because it will eat your mana up very quickly. You can heal a bunch of people at once by loading Explosive on them and then triggering it with Feedback, but you'll run out of mana pronto. Replenish your mana every time you get a chance. Defiler is easy until you're OOM, then you're screwed.

Your links are off global cooldown, which means that it is best to be on global cooldown when you swap them. You can't do anything else while on GCD besides use your off-GCD skills, so you may as well do that unless you need to Ghastly someone.

Explosive + Ghastly and Unstable Transformation are both great instant heals ("instant heal" is kind of an understatement of how overpowered UT is) but there's no reason to use them unless you're absolutely sure you need them. Particularly with UT. A competent team will switch to the defiler as soon as they see UT has been used, because they know your best cooldown is gone and they have a 1 minute window to pound your face into a thin red paste. Or 50 seconds if you used UT on yourself. If you're in a really crappy situation and you're using UT on someone else, you might want to use UT then put HT and Explosive on yourself just as insurance.

Don't DPS unless you're trying to keep someone off a flag or the situation is calm enough that all you need to do is build some foul growth on your links and then Feedback it. Otherwise, DPSing is a waste of your skillset. Use your bond once every 30 seconds to proc the SP boost. Also, adding on marrow harvest and then spreading it and your bond with Unholy Nexus is okay, especially because marrow harvest will increase the non-physical damage they take, but otherwise don't try to DPS.

--

That's just how I play defiler. I'm sure some people will disagree with me about some tactics, and that's fine with me.
    Last edited by Stirby; 01-01-2014 at 12:26 PM.
    Stir@Greybriar
    Stirr@Greybriar
    Stirrr@Greybriar
    Stirrrr@Greybriar
    You have sent too many chat messages.

Thanks stir , I too am on deepwood

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Defiler is multitudes easier than Sent imo. If you were able to pick-up/figure out sent you will soar past defiler.

Pre-load burst heals, learn to be a boss with 25% less hp (get power in between needing to hit heals), spot heal without burst when you can pull it off, link whoever is taking brutality, dot heals up on people for procs in between.

edit: put 5 - 10% links (imo 10% link is good for pug wfs tbhbbq) on someones melee pet. Can always get frisky and have an extra pain transmission proc or rogue de-stealther (pain transmission aoe to uncover rogues nearby people)
    I only use the 10% link on durable targets or people that don't get targeted/stay ouf of harms way. Such targets include full tank builds and bards, but usually I focus on swapping the 20 and 30% links exclusively. If you're good enough to swap the 30 20 and 10 as you see fit, then go for it.

As for ease of defiler vs sentinel, that can be debated. Sentinel has more reflex heals while defiler has 2 skills for burst healing outside of swapping links. When SL first came out, I found defiler harder to pick up than sentinel because of how unfamiliar it felt compared to classes and abilities I previously used, while Sentinel tends to feel more like a traditional MMO healer.

P.S. PLEASE DO NOT use healing communion and/or healing cataract in a full sentinel build, thanks.

"microtransactions done properly is game design done poorly." - Some dude on an internet forum

^^^ aye, I often just handle the 30/20/10 at once. Only time I could see nixing the 10% is if another full defiler is helping, then there is a strong chance you could be choke holding them from a better link. But ya, with it off GCD and if I am the only defiler, no reason I can't keep up a third link in rotation. Just have to stay on top of it.
    Last edited by Violacea; 01-01-2014 at 04:04 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Candoalot View Post
    I only use the 10% link on durable targets or people that don't get targeted/stay ouf of harms way. Such targets include full tank builds and bards, but usually I focus on swapping the 20 and 30% links exclusively. If you're good enough to swap the 30 20 and 10 as you see fit, then go for it.

As for ease of defiler vs sentinel, that can be debated. Sentinel has more reflex heals while defiler has 2 skills for burst healing outside of swapping links. When SL first came out, I found defiler harder to pick up than sentinel because of how unfamiliar it felt compared to classes and abilities I previously used, while Sentinel tends to feel more like a traditional MMO healer.

P.S. PLEASE DO NOT use healing communion and/or healing cataract in a full sentinel build, thanks.
    I use the 5 person heal that's insta cast when it's up I never use the raid/party heal that has a cast time and then I rarely use it , can't remember the skill name ATM

Shield of Telara

see sig if you need any help just PM me

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post

That's horrible advice. Make sure you put your 5% and 10% link on melee classes and never move them especially if theres another defiler on your team, and put your 30% on a 40k+ hp tank, they'll need it. 20% goes on pets.
    "like i have been preaching since day 1 warrior is the king of being good against under geared bads. vs a competent player we have nothing. no cc no utility and sub par damage. even alacrity and temp are countered by a puri with ease. we have no answer for rogue melee, no answer for dom, and nothing to pressure a healer. (1 cc breaker in all our all souls and its a port backwards in a range soul FFS)" -dday 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Fates View Post
    I have watched your videos prior very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Fates View Post
    Fates, you alting out there?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast