+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Idea for Rift Store Purchase or Patron Bonus: increase Favor cap

Plane Walker

Default Idea for Rift Store Purchase or Patron Bonus: increase Favor cap

I would like to suggest an idea for a Rift store purchase or a bonus received while under patron status: raise favor cap to 500,000.

Actually, perhaps this idea could be expanded upon. I could see a very nice increase in the number of folks that pay for patron status if it meant that all currency limits were raised by 50%.

I'm not even sure that currency limits are even necessary given version 2.5 of the game....but, that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelorean View Post
    I would like to suggest an idea for a Rift store purchase or a bonus received while under patron status: raise favor cap to 500,000.

Actually, perhaps this idea could be expanded upon. I could see a very nice increase in the number of folks that pay for patron status if it meant that all currency limits were raised by 50%.

I'm not even sure that currency limits are even necessary given version 2.5 of the game....but, that's just me.
    You can easily exceed the ESM weekly limit by just playing the game.

Currency cap increases are much needed, but wholly irrelevant to any form of pvp currency.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by WhozDat View Post
    Currency cap increases are much needed, but wholly irrelevant to any form of pvp currency.
    Huh? How is it irrelevant -- I max out my favor constantly before I have enough marks to purchase something new. And, frankly, I have more pvp consumables already than I'll ever need.
    Last edited by Aelorean; 12-31-2013 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelorean View Post
    Huh? How is it irrelevant -- I max out my favor constantly before I have enough marks to purchase something new. And, frankly, I have more pvp consumables already than I'll ever need.
    Then you'd have the same issue if they increased the cap. You did not present any solution to the issue, only what you perceive may alleviate the problem.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Plane Walker

Then you'd have the same issue if they increased the cap. You did not present any solution to the issue, only what you perceive may alleviate the problem.
    I never claimed that there was a solution to any problem. It was a "Quality of Life" suggestion. The only way to actually remove all problems with currency (pvp or otherwise) would be to remove the limits entirely; however, given that Trion wishes to keep those in place, my suggestion was simply to raise the limits for those that support the game. In other words, instead of having to start wasting favor on consumables I don't need once I hit 300k, I could keep saving up to 500k. Although I'm sure I'd still hit the favor cap before getting the marks I need, it would definitely be better than 300k limit.

I'm not quite sure you thought I was trying to solve some sort of problem with my suggestion. Re-read what I wrote: it was pretty clear that my suggestion was purely for the purposes of a 'perk', not to remove Trion's blocking mechanism.

я думаю, что покровители должны быть в состоянии писать в России на форуме. я задаюсь вопросом, что?

Я думаю, что лучшим решением будет иметь некоторые ремесла пункт можно купить

Uhh, why does it have to be a patron bonus or purchase?

How about......they just raise it.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Well it could solve his or others issue of having to dump favor into enchants waiting for marks.

And yes, forget patron or cash shop and just raise it. Caps in general kinda go against the mmo concept of time invested = stuff. Nothing erks more than time into an mmo to see you're rewards lost or be converted into 26 boost run speed by 10%. I do understand the devs perceived problem in stocking up something so when new stuff is released those ppl can buy it all in one day but im sure they can figure out a work around with out currency caps. I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Mire View Post
    я думаю, что покровители должны быть в состоянии писать в России на форуме. я задаюсь вопросом, что?
    Прекрасное предложение товарищ болото. Я проинформирую орду

Ascendant

Patron bonus should give you the maximum amount of CQ power, remove CQ as a queue option and delete all local data relating to CQ.

Ascendant

The favor cap is in place to prevent people from instantly purchasing new stuff when released. Unlike pve stuff, pvp gear still uses the same base currency.

Note: I realize marks are required, but this is more in reference to the xpac, effectively I cannot purchase new sets in their entirety with "the pvp I've already done", I would have to continue to pvp.

Plane Walker

The reason I suggested this as a patron bonus (or a Rift store purchase) was in an attempt to think of a way that Trion can make money on pvp.

If we want pvp to get more attention from Trion, we need to start thinking of ideas on how they can make money from "pvp oriented players". Due to the pvp-player mindset it's almost impossible for them to get away with selling anything that would make someone stronger in pvp -- so, we are going to have to be creative.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Я думаю, что лучшим решением будет иметь некоторые ремесла пункт можно купить
    Средняя до замка.

Итак, как это все сегодня на родине?

+ Reply to Thread