+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: PvP forum seems kinda dead.

Default PvP forum seems kinda dead.

There's only one ancient stickie topic in the pvp forum. Nothing for easy reference for new players to learn the intricacies regarding specifically about how pvp works, like how statistics are calculated and what each Role should goal for, how the warfronts really work, and so on. There's no sub forum of its own related only to pvp builds and guides. It's hard to find pvp info in the sub forums that are primarily for pve, there's no discrimination of the play types. There are few questions asked anymore, and once questions are answered they are hard to locate by inquiring noobs. Plus some people just make it a habit of being rude to the potential new pvp players. It seems like a ghost town mostly inhabited by trolls.

There's the same people making comments, the same complaints, the same chest thumpers, the same berating of people by the same limited number of people. The same and constant disrespect by a few for the forum rules, very inventively. Like, that mostly all there is! There just isn't a healthy and helpful pvp atmosphere in these forums anymore, IMO. I wonder why it's been allowed to deteriorate to this kind of atmosphere, and just what that infers about the future of Rift pvp.
    Last edited by Taptap; 12-30-2013 at 11:03 PM.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

There should be builds

I wonder how easy it would be to transfer all the specs from hk over to pvp forums, I know a lot of pvpers put effort into making those guides. Maybe Trion would give us a pvp spec sub forum?

A guide also isn't a bad idea, explain to new players each warfront and merc system and such

Although trion would have to approve it and the chances of something for pvp being improved.....
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Ascendant

You should have just asked if pvp is dying in Rift.

When 6 of my guildees log on with their powers combined they can give you this answer.

Ill let you know when i see 6 on at the same time again.

Mei

Yeah, I have no idea why they're so dead. Trion does such a great job balancing classes in PvP, especially warriors and clerics!
    Last edited by Mei; 12-30-2013 at 11:55 PM.
    Fluent

Quote Originally Posted by Mei View Post
    Yeah, I have no idea why they're so dead. Trion does such a great job balancing classes in PvP, especially warriors and clerics!
    нерф стрелок
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

товарищ, я не знаю, что вы подразумеваете, но я согласен с вами

Ascendant

I do not understand all this Russian; my mind is about to explode.

I must now report this thread for causing mass confusion on a global level resulting in WW3.

These atrocities will not be ignored. Obviously their words are plans to overthrow the government!

Ascendant

What do you suggest? we should pvp more on the forums?
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Ascendant

There is a PvP guides sub-forum.

It doesn't help that the forum mods are all kinds of useless.

There are about 10 people who actively use the PvP forum and at least 10 of them spend more time arguing and trying to convince others that they are the best player of their class.

Quote Originally Posted by Mire View Post
    товарищ, я не знаю, что вы подразумеваете, но я согласен с вами
    Я согласен товарища
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Это очень полезно.

I don't have any suggestions. I'll leave that to the youngsters, they have all the wise answers.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

I think it has to do with all the pvpers on the forums getting banned all the time for sh** talking and calling out Trion. I recently came back from a week long ban, good times.

there's really nothing constructive to talk about. thats what gets me. 5mans were put together in an hr with no incentive and no way to que without a full team.

no new cq

class balance is still bad

match making is brutal considering they still dont take into account mixing classes as evenly as possible and keeping under rank 70 in a seperate que. i mean at least every wf i tell someone they need to put a lesser in their core to get bolstered.

pve trinkets are still BIS

Range is still king

TTK is a jokefest with 30k+ burst with 30k+ burst healing.

maps are still all designed around the zerg and we havent gotten a new one since 1999

cq is a lag fest and a flip of the coin if you are on the farmers or the farmed

open world pvp rewards pvp currancy that was capped for most months ago

there is no other incentive for open world pvp and with no counter to stealth there is no point.

pvp shards get screwed for any type of pve content which results in their currant state of 11 sins left on seastone.

the majority of the players from launch who pvpd are long gone only stubborn ***** like myself are still around finishing off their year sub and hoping for a new game to free them from rift because as i see it now even with all the crap i listed nothing out there currantly interests me.

Plane Walker

Hey Taptap,

You know you "could" start your own guide for the wf's. I know you've been around these forums long enough to do something like that. That is, unless your looking for help yourself?

If you are, I'm pretty sure there was a thread listing a few ppl to contact about builds and such. Sorry I can't find the link atm.
    Friends Don't let Friends buy Lock-boxes

Game is boring pvpwise now, havent played in a month or so but every match was either roll or get rolled, i know this has happened since the beginning of rift but it felt so much worse after storm legion, all the time good players are leaving making the 1 in a hundred good matches even harder to come by, oh and premades can get into que as fast as solo queue so you see mostly 5 geared idiots rolling a team of undergeared idiots, they made the souls 61 or bust for the vast majority making everyone running the same spec and its just boring. And the matchmaking absolutely blows

The game was never difficult in the first place but it certainly feels dumbed down now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast