+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: gear slots

Rift Disciple

Default gear slots

I'm fed up of having people with empty gear slots on my team and playing against them too. So at level 60 make it so you have to every bolstered slot equipped.

You wouldn't carry a pve in a raid with empty slots.

Rift Chaser

Also consumables- they are sold for favor use them; I dont really care what piece if gear you are hoarding 12k favor for. Buy and use the consumables.

Quote Originally Posted by Motoboat View Post
    Also consumables- they are sold for favor use them; I dont really care what piece if gear you are hoarding 12k favor for. Buy and use the consumables.
    And then never get gear? No thanks.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    There are equivalent ones that you can craft or buy. Really no excuse not to wear them. With PA they can last up to 5 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    Or buy gear with cash and spend favor on consumables, you can keep everything cooking the entire trip to p90. P2W works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpypants View Post
    I'm fed up of having people with empty gear slots on my team and playing against them too. So at level 60 make it so you have to every bolstered slot equipped.

If they made it where you do not get bolstered if you have a single piece of gear missing essences included then when ppl start getting one shotted they would start filling those gear slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Motoboat View Post
    That's a turd brain idea right there. Yes please everyone don't upgrade your gear just keep armor plating, and insoles at 100% uptime. Then ignore the "You have reached the maximum amount of warlord marks" message cause freelancer gear with %4 speed boost is much better than Myr gear... :::fart:::

Edit:..

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    Or buy gear with cash and spend favor on consumables, you can keep everything cooking the entire trip to p90. P2W works.
    one word "GATED" did this whole thread trip and fall on the stupid dlck?
    Last edited by bleachx; 12-30-2013 at 12:43 PM.

Rift Chaser

I think you missed it, kiddo. There isn't a situation where you shouldn't have them on, they are cheap and there are pve ones for cheap. They last quite awhile, if 15k favor is hindering you from upgrading this gated gear, you're doing it wrong.

Use your planar weapon enhances, recon vial if you want (I recommend) more then that is purely preferential.

10% more MS won't get you away if you aren't going to get away to begin with, and the armor plating is nearly worthless because only 1 or 2 souls will be using a large amount of physical damage in any given warfront, and the .03% more mit, isn't going to matter.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Shadowlander

Valenroth likes this thread.
    yolo swagged out 2 the max pulls. first gay vk in rift. lf cute boys. hmu valenroth@faeblight

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by bleachx View Post

That's a turd brain idea right there. Yes please everyone don't upgrade your gear just keep armor plating, and insoles at 100% uptime. Then ignore the "You have reached the maximum amount of warlord marks" message cause freelancer gear with %4 speed boost is much better than Myr gear... :::fart:::
    If you're hitting the mark cap, you have MORE THAN ENOUGH favor to buy the consumables.

The only time you'd ever not run consumables is when you don't even have freelancer gear yet, which then its acceptable to save favor.

Speaking of, I find it way worse that there's so many people with freelancer gear that isn't even enchanted than the idiots who don't have essences etc. equipped. I mean why bother even buying the stuff if you're too cheap to spend 100 or so plat on cheap runes for an advantage? may as well just use pve gear and let bolster do the work anyway.
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

It is true, a lot of people don't take care of their toon to an optimum level. And it really does not take a huge amount of effort and/or plat investment to do so. Halfway decent runes on all the gear, gear in each slot, crystals asap, usage of consumables. At the very least you can probably get away with 10% to mount/unmounted speed and the +sp/ap one. I just use plat to buy them when I want my favor.

I just wish people would take better care of their toons . When you add up the disparity between doing lots of the things I mentioned and simply having starting gear or third-set gear, the disparity between not doing the runes and consumables is bigger out-side of weapon upgrades probably.

I feel dirty if I don't at least use +10% to mount/unmounted and the sp/ap rune. On my rogue I use a pot often, not yet on my cleric. But even that is a pretty massive boost compared to what I'll get through the gear progression.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Baconbits View Post
    If you're hitting the mark cap, you have MORE THAN ENOUGH favor to buy the consumables.

The only time you'd ever not run consumables is when you don't even have freelancer gear yet, which then its acceptable to save favor.

Speaking of, I find it way worse that there's so many people with freelancer gear that isn't even enchanted than the idiots who don't have essences etc. equipped. I mean why bother even buying the stuff if you're too cheap to spend 100 or so plat on cheap runes for an advantage? may as well just use pve gear and let bolster do the work anyway.
    I was myrmidon mark capped for about a month before I finished my set. If you don't do conquest for the favor, it takes a rather long time to get the sets finished.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    It is true, a lot of people don't take care of their toon to an optimum level. And it really does not take a huge amount of effort and/or plat investment to do so. Halfway decent runes on all the gear, gear in each slot, crystals asap, usage of consumables. At the very least you can probably get away with 10% to mount/unmounted speed and the +sp/ap one. I just use plat to buy them when I want my favor.

I just wish people would take better care of their toons . When you add up the disparity between doing lots of the things I mentioned and simply having starting gear or third-set gear, the disparity between not doing the runes and consumables is bigger out-side of weapon upgrades probably.

I feel dirty if I don't at least use +10% to mount/unmounted and the sp/ap rune. On my rogue I use a pot often, not yet on my cleric. But even that is a pretty massive boost compared to what I'll get through the gear progression.
    ^ This!
    /thread

Quote Originally Posted by Baconbits View Post
    Bzzt - nope. My usual MO is to only WF until I exhaust my daily charges. I also do the 3 PvP dailies. I cap Warlord's Marks (and Freelancer's MoQ on the one character I CQ on) well before I cap favor. Such that I do have to spend favor on Warlords stones instead of the next Freelancer piece, if I want to avoid wasting WL marks.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpypants View Post

Regardless of what you say i will still play naked.

Now my toon is a different story got all my slots filled there.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 12-31-2013 at 12:32 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast